i think i may need help just replaced my wii and got a 3.0

<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am

i think i may need help just replaced my wii and got a 3.0

okay i have alot of games and emulators i no longed have to worry about my 4.0 wii i ended up deleteing my home brew on it could not get it back what so ever on my 4.0. any ways i got a 3.0 and i have everything i ever wanted except on thing that could hold me back now i was burning a copy of a game of my freinds and my wii says update? and i dont want to go back up the ladder to a 4.0 again. now i think i saw a app that was a update extractor that sends updates to my wii card instead or something like that can some one help me find it again or was i looking at something elese awhile back? thanks HOME BREW!
Shadow's are imortal but what about us.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Use a downgrader to *Update* your 3.0 to 3.2 then you probaly wont get the update screen again, Personaly i would recommend doing this as it lets you install WADS and use a keyboard(3.1 Update)
Also update extractor is on the homebrew browser in apps so its easy to find.
Being redone
<<

Juzamdjinn

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

That is correct if the game has 3.2 updates or below, if the game is newer than 3.2 than of course it will ask for an update. To circumvent this, you should upgrade to 3.2 with downgrader (works both ways) and then install the "Starfall" app, which as far as I know will only run on 3.2

This app will block the updater and allow you to play the games you want, among many other useful things.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials