<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 am

Re: Ron Paul

Rick Perry! Or whatever his name was, I know his last name is Perry though! I actually really liked that Perry dude until I found out he wasn't the brightest stick in the bundle when he was in college...
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:04 am

Im for Rick Perry :)

...gotta read up more for Ron Paul
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:19 am

Rick's the guy that took credit for Deus Ex, Go F*ck yourself Perry. Ron Paul, Yeah!

For this message the author Kanadier has received thanks:
crait
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:10 am

Well I've heard good things about him and then bad things. I'd just have to read up on him as well before making an educated decision. Until then, Rick Perry!

@Kanadier- Huh? lol
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 pm

ace wrote:Well I've heard good things about him and then bad things. I'd just have to read up on him as well before making an educated decision. Until then, Rick Perry!

@Kanadier- Huh? lol

I think you meant Paul in your first post maybe? Like 3rd sentence

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Rick Perry? Really, guys? He's made over 11 million dollars from oil and gas companies alone. There are soooo many times where it's been proven that he will take 150K or so from a company and implement laws to return almost a million back to that company from the government.
People would like to say that Texas is doing so well because of him... We are #1 in teen pregnancy, #1 in children without health insurance, #1 in STD rates, #1 in drop outs, etc. Some parts of Texas is great to live in, but it's not because of him. People are so quick to say that he is the reason Texas has been unaffected by the economy... But what has he ever done to deserve that title? Nothing.

Ron Paul on the other hand....
- He wants us to stop getting into other country's business and stop starting stupid wars. (Doesn't mean stop trading with them, though!)
- He has never voted to raise taxes in his life for anyone.
- He has more political experience than any other GOP hopeful; Alongside being a licensed medical doctor and has served our country in multiple wars.

I guarantee you that most people in our country share 9/10 of the ideas of Ron Paul, but they simply don't know his stance on those things. I'd really like if you guys looked some stuff up on him. :) He's simply amazing. Oh, and he's not a Republican. He was a congressman for Texas under the Republican label but he ran for president as a Libertarian last election. Seeing how he can cut his competition in half, he is running as a Republican this time around. Many people I know that are Democrats would rather pick him over Obama and I feel the same exact way.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:23 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:
ace wrote:Well I've heard good things about him and then bad things. I'd just have to read up on him as well before making an educated decision. Until then, Rick Perry!

@Kanadier- Huh? lol

I think you meant Paul in your first post maybe? Like 3rd sentence

Hmm? That post you quoted was talking about Ron Paul. My first post was correct.

@crait
So you support someone who thinks it's okay to legalize heroine and prostitution?
I'm not saying he is a bad guy, you are correct in that some of the things about him are great but at the same time there are bad things as well that I don't like about him. Also I'm not sure where you got your stats from, but texas is not the #1 state for teen pregnancy, not the #1 state for STD rates, and you can see where I am going with that. Besides, according to Ron Paul it is their right to have sex & get pregnant. And the national average certainly wouldn't go down if he legalized prostitution for STD's.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Legalize everything I say. Otherwise, is it really a free country? Really? Think about it ace. XD
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Lol, well I mean the only thing that bothers me about letting people legally do harmful drugs such as Heroin is when it affects me like when driving. In hindsight of course I don't want people to do such addicting drugs but after all it is their life, and it would make it more possible to dope and drive.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Nah Ace I meant the first post of yours up there. Saying you vote for Rick Perry but he's not the smartest or something.

And Crait-

I like everything about this

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Oh yea, no I meant that. He really wasn't the brightest stick in the bundle lol, made mostly C's, and very few B's, maybe an A or something. Just google "Rick Perry Grades" :p But that was a long time ago and it's better that the blemish on his record is just grades and not hookers and heroin as far as I know.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:47 pm

ace wrote:Oh yea, no I meant that. He really wasn't the brightest stick in the bundle lol, made mostly C's, and very few B's, maybe an A or something. Just google "Rick Perry Grades" :p But that was a long time ago and it's better that the blemish on his record is just grades and not hookers and heroin as far as I know.

Rofl. Go Perry =D>

Image Image
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Legalize it all!!! trololo!

But in all reality, what happens after he dopes those things BFK? And what if he gets into office and then decides to not follow through with it, like Obama did? More complaints and b**ch ing Liberals, as it always has been...

See, I've been on this planet long enough to know that Politicians + Promises = BS! Simple as that.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:29 am

Okay, first of all, to all three of you guys, Ron Paul did not say that he wants heroine or cocaine legalized. He stated that as president of the United States, he does not have the authority to make it legal or not. To understand what he was talking about, you need to realize firstly that the president cannot simply say that cigarettes are illegal throughout the country because he doesn't agree with them. He simply does not have that power. Whenever he was asked about this issue, he says that he cannot control what states make illegal and legal in regards to drugs and that it is up to them. Just like drinking age or age at which you are allowed to drive. Every state is different and that's why we have states in the first place. You cannot create laws that apply in one state and expect them to apply equally to all. For instance, if you have marijuana in Texas, you are given a harsher punishment than in Iowa. Why? Because Texas is close to Mexico where a lot of marijuana is grown so we are exposed to a surge where Iowa is not. Why can there be harsher punishments for it here versus Iowa or California? Because different states make different rules and laws depending on where they are and different variables that the federal government cannot simply just apply across the board. It does not have the power to do that even though laws were illegal put into place to establish that and that's the point Ron Paul makes. If the majority of a state agreed with making cocaine legal, then I don't see the issue. I don't think any state would ever do something like that, but this rule applies to all other non-federal issues and you can't compromise. You can't say that you're going to follow the Constitution in one area that applies to things like cigarettes but ignore it for other substances like cocaine. That's simply not right and not why our country is formed the way it is.

@Ace:
http://www.trojanvideos.com/did_you_know.php
http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/20 ... education/
Since there isn't a way to actually get a number on this, you're going to find slightly different stats on teen pregnancy. Some places show Texas is #1. Some show it's #5. From my sources, it's 1, but we both can definitely agree it's top 3 without a doubt.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats09/surv2009-Complete.pdf
For STD's, check this out. We have the most cases, but even per capita is very, very high. Looks to be about at least 3rd in all the states per capita and first in occurring cases.
http://www.childrensdefense.org/policy- ... state.html
For uninsured children, which is really sad, no other state comes anywhere close except Florida. Texas has ~20% of children uninsured. How very tragic.
Besides, according to Ron Paul it is their right to have sex & get pregnant. And the national average certainly wouldn't go down if he legalized prostitution for STD's.

This is seriously the dumbest thing I've ever read. I don't think you're dumb, but I think you either wrote that wrong, misunderstood what I said, or took that out of context purposely. It's everyone's right to have sex if they are consenting. There isn't anyone that wants to ban sex.
As you can see by this report, the more people have STD's, the more the government has to pay for them through health care: http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-13/heal ... =PM:HEALTH It's simply bad for the country and this is just one economic effect it has. Ron Paul doesn't support STD's and does not support prostitution. As I mentioned earlier, if a state wants it's legalized, there is nothing in his power that he can do to legally stop them. If he's president, he simply doesn't have the power to legally stop them and that's simply the way things are. Now, you can say he does. Other can say that they have the power to do so if they were president, but it's illegal because no one gave them that right or that ability.

So, Ace, seeing how I completely and appropriately covered each of your disputes, I would like to know what else I can do to help show you that Ron Paul is a great GOP candidate.

@BKF:
I'll go through that list... Many of those things are good and even Ron Paul wants them, but some are disastrous for our country.
1. I completely agree with this and hope it is taken care of. There shouldn't be people placed in politics for life. Ron Paul agrees.
2. Seems fine to me except whenever people of congress are corrupt, it's easy for them to overthrow decisions that are good for the people. The 2/3's majority vote is a good barrier to protect the people since we usually have a split congress. I think things will be fine and that this 2/3's override would rarely take place and could potentially be beneficial. I don't see it as an important issue, however.
3. Ron Paul has been trying to do this forever. This was his first official stance as a presidential candidate. I fully agree, too.
4. I don't know Ron Paul's stance on this, but I personally agree with it.
5. This is common sense and I agree. So does Ron Paul
So, do you see so far that you actually share a lot of the same views as Ron Paul? I don't see why you're so against him if you share his same views. Let's keep going down the list, though.
6. NO. This is absolutely wrong. Who in the government gives this power to the president? No one or nothing can give this power to the president. NOTHING will make this ruling legal, but it'll still go through if he's president. He isn't granted almighty powers out of no-where. There is a reason we have states, like I mentioned earlier. Some states require different laws and the government cannot stop them from making these laws. If a state makes same sex marriage legal, even though I don't agree with it personally, it is the state's right.
Ron Paul said it best... He said that he was married for 57 years and has a good marriage with his long time lover and best friend. You cannot tell him that his marriage is wrong or bad or immoral. You cannot tell him his marriage isn't valid. Just like he won't tell you that who you marry is wrong or immoral.
7. This is the exact stance Ron Paul has.

There you go, BKF, 5/7 of those are the same views as Ron Paul. 1/7 is a non-concern with him and 1/7 is a disagreement. I'm sure you don't go along with 100% of what Rick Perry says, but I can guarantee you if you look at what stances they both have and compare them, you'd see you have more in common with Ron Paul than you thought. Probably even more than you had with Perry.

As for Rick Perry's grades? I honestly could care less about the grades he made in college. I don't think they'd reflect how well someone performs on the job. I could be the best football player at practice, but screw up every play in a game. I take pity on the people who dismiss Rick Perry simply for his grades.

By the way, BKF, take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRRoyaOn50
He's corrupt and hope you see that. Maybe if you lived in Austin, you'd realize how corrupt this guy is. That racecar deal he made is horrible. It's not even built yet. Where are these millions of dollars going?
Next

Return to General Chat