Pokemon: White Chill

<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Chuck is the fighting gym leader. Lol, I noticed that when I typed his name.
He's actually the official gym leader of Johto's Fighting Gym in Cianwood. (Which is gonna be the only city in another region you can get to in the game.)
And I'll put the original three starters in the Safari Zone. Along with other rarer pokemon and Hoenn Pokemon. Absol is going to be in the Safaris zone too! :D
No legendaries will be catchable in my game except Kroktasaur (Which I made up) and MISSINGNO. (Check the YouTube vid on the front page if you want to see him!)

Silver(???) is Giovanni's son. Good job. You've got a good knowledge of your Pokedudes. :D
It's actually a good suggestion but G/S/C take place 4 years after R/B/Y/FR/LG/Rby/Sap/E/D/P so he probably would be very young.
I'll defenately have people talk about Team Rocket/Team Magma/Aqua just to relate to the other games, but I won't put him in as a trainer.
I might put Eusine in the game, even though he was raised in Celadon City.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Yepp.

Ive been a fan for 11 Years, and I'm 14.
Not only that, I retain every bit of info.

Why not put Green into WC?
She'd been AWOL until FR/LG.
I belive that Green is like a year older than the other main characters from R/B/G/Y.

On that note, why not make a game that tells the story from the Pokémon Adventures aspect?

All that would have to be done would be changing the sprites, and editing the dialouge in each of the games.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Well, WC takes place during the same time as FR/LG so she'd be starting her journey the same time as White(Hero).
You're pumping out ideas and I like it. Even if I don't use the idea, it could spawn some other idea that I might put it.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks, you made me think.

Heres an idea: If possible use the ingame timer to decide how the game plays out.
You know how in Metroid depending on how fast you beat the game you get better endings(Like Bikini Samus)? Try something like that.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Yeah, that's actually a good idea.
We'll have to brainstorm to think of some ideas that would be timed base. I don't want to use the night/day system though. I really liked it, but I don't want to put it in my game.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm

roxfox64 wrote:Thanks, you made me think.

Heres an idea: If possible use the ingame timer to decide how the game plays out.
You know how in Metroid depending on how fast you beat the game you get better endings(Like Bikini Samus)? Try something like that.

Ha Ha....bikini Ash
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:09 pm

LMAO
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Yumm, bikini Ash <3
由美子
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Yumiko wrote:Yumm, bikini Ash <3

To each their own... I suppose.

But yea, crait... I think I agree with you about the whole "D/P ruined the 150 original pokemon" thing. When I look at the newer ones I'm like... "these don't even look like older pokemon". Did they have a seriously giant change in Nintendo staff or what?

I would be open to playing the newer ones emulated on PC, but not spending money on the NDS and cartridge. I'll be honest though. Even though I haven't really played the games hardly... I still know so much stuff about pokemon. I'm really just hoping that, in the future, Nintendo comes to realize that the REAL MONEY-MAKER from the pokemon franchise has NOT yet been introduced!

Think about this... imagine a fully 3D world with pretty graphics on a console system like the Wii. Think about what it would mean to throw a pokeball or ride a bike. Imagine walking through a forest to try and find an elusive pokemon or riding a Lapras to a far away island. Fully-3D environments and an expansive and interactive world. That's what I'm waiting for pokemon to be.

Make it on the Wii, and I buy it. That simple.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm

<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:56 pm

crait wrote:@DPM: http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Re ... ness-2.jpg
Gale of Darkness for GC

No no no no no no no no NO!!!!

I said "pretty graphics" and expansive and interactive worlds.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Yepp. He did.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:00 pm

You should through in some side quests and in game trades for those pokemon you have to trade to evolve, also i would ove it if the game was in a much more open area with more interactive environs and more pokemon in each area, I HATE ONlY GETTING A PIDGEY IN THE BEGINING!!!! a wider selection would be the best thing ever for the start of the game since i usually only get my starter and a trusty Nidoran :D
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Okay, I'm really hard-core debating if I should make the pokemon that you have to trade to evolve evolve with other things like leveling up or special stones. I could technically make a 'trade stone' or 'swap stone' or something but I kinda think it's corny. I'm defenately making a new stone called a Flunderstone though. It won't do anything, but it's just for a laugh. It's kinda an inside joke for me and my friend.

There will be a wider variety of pokemon in each area and you won't have to worry about getting a pidgey or something. I don't I'll include them anywhere but a few places down the road. And even pokemon that are in the games that you usually see like weedle or even nidoran are tweaked. Some learn different moves or have different stats or what-not. Nothing big, but enough to change up the game for it's not like every game you've already played.

@DPM: I just thought of another great idea to stop players from going past where they're supposed to be once they get surf. Once you beat the leader that allows you to get surf, there'll be people that won't let you surf to any of the island cities because, "There's a group of migrating Sharkedo this time of year. It's too dangerous for you to be in the water out there right now." You'll be able to surf after you beat that city's gym and do the other story-line based things.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:36 pm

hey, are you going to but battle island or the place with the battle tower in emerald??
PreviousNext

Return to Developers & Programming