Wii Beginner's Guide [Updated: 12/3/2008]

<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:37 pm

What version Wii do you have? I'm assuming 3.4... in which you will need the newest version of the twilight hack. Get the newer version for 3.4 (just google it) and try it. Make sure to read the readme that's with the file.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:15 pm

Complete Overhaul 12/3/2008
<<

Wiimon

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Thank you for the guide. I am on version 3.2u and neither the homebrew pack, nor the method you show here would work for me. I was getting a question mark as the icon and when I tried to copy it into the Wii system memory, it would tell me "The data was not copied." I found that the problem was the format of my mem card. It was already FAT, but for some reason, it would not work. I had to reformat it, reload it, open the "SD Card" menu for the Wii...THEN insert it into the Wii. It worked after that. Just a little note for the other FNG's who may run into this problem.

EDIT: Hmm...I'm still having a problem. My system locks up when I speak to the guy...it never gets past that screen where it zooms in on them. I'll tear through Google and see if I can find the problem, but if I can't find an answer, do you have any suggestions? (Oh, and I'm using a 1GB card with only the "private" folder and the "elf" file on it. I have also tried it with the whole homebrew pack on the card but that didn't work either. I'm using the USA Zelda disc with the "2" in the version.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I had the same problem when I was doing friends. It just froze after i talked to the guy. The pack I used had two seperate profiles of the twilight hack and when I chose the second one this fixed the problem.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Wiimon

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:57 pm

What do you mean by "two separate profiles?" Are you talking about where you choose your save file? I have two of those but the guide I read told me to use the first one first.
<<

Wiimon

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:44 am

Yeah, loading that other save file allowed it to go through. I spent some time playing Super Mario All-stars today. (And for the record, Lost Levels really does seem less like what I expected the Japanese SMB2 to be, and more like SMB1 levels that were left on the cutting-room floor.) Anyway, I did end up getting an error. I exited the Homebrew channel, and it went to a black screen and told me to remove the disc, reset the system, and consult my manual for troubleshooting procedures. That happened only once.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:41 am

Yeah... I think sometimes the Wii hiccups. I've had it do the "consult manual" thing before in the past.

By the way, instead of double posting, please edit your last post. Thanks.
<<

-Rubicante-

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:14 am

eiffletwr wrote:noob here =]

whenever I try to copy the twilight hack to my wii's system memory, it tries to and then says "the data was not copied"

has anyone else encountered this problem and/or know how to solve it?
Is it a problem with my sd card?

I have experienced the same problem. My Wii is curently version 3.4U. Could someone please help me?

I've tried many guides from various sites and it won't work. :/ I'm not the most technical person in the world which kinda explains it. I'm not sure if my SD card is "FAT" or not, and I'm a bit of a noob so I don't know how to find out... (it's a 2gb SanDisk, btw).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (and where is the "wiiload" file?)

I'm a an uba noob. XD

EDIT:
I've found out my SD is "FAT", but I don't know how to change it to "FAT16"
So I herd you liek modchipz?

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 am

I already posted about that like 3 months Ago, check the tuts L
Being redone
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 pm

mathewhayden wrote:Hello..
You have given very good guide for Wii Beginners. Thank you very much for sharing this guide with us. I think this guide will be helpful for all wii user. I appreciate you work. You have done a good job. Keep it up.

Yes, we are very proud of Brent's work here on the Brewology Network, specifically with our Wii section. I'm glad that you were kind enough to join up and share your appreciation for this guide and I hope you enjoy the Brewology for all we have to offer ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:49 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:
mathewhayden wrote:Hello..
You have given very good guide for Wii Beginners. Thank you very much for sharing this guide with us. I think this guide will be helpful for all wii user. I appreciate you work. You have done a good job. Keep it up.

Yes, we are very proud of Brent's work here on the Brewology Network, specifically with our Wii section. I'm glad that you were kind enough to join up and share your appreciation for this guide and I hope you enjoy the Brewology for all we have to offer ;)

-DarkPacMan77-

I very much 2nd this, in the Wii Section his Effort is 2nd to none.
Alex, Finlay.
Being redone
Previous

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials