Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

i'm new and i need some help

<<

ryansichieri

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 pm

i'm new and i need some help

ok well im new to this site... and the wii homebrew scene... i was wondering how to get started with getting my wii homebrew stuff up and running... can someone please help me out
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: i'm new and i need some help

The first thing people would want to know is what firmware you're running on your machine. Are you up-to-date? Do you know how to check?
<<

ryansichieri

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:45 am

i am running ver. 3.4u it says.... it is probabally not up to date... should i update to the newest firmware?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 am

Never update to the newest if you plan to use homebrew.
<<

ryansichieri

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 pm

ok... so how do i get started on homebrewing my wii... i clicked on the my custom pack generator and it gave me some crazy code..... i have no clue what to do with this... this is the code it gave me.........[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/generate.php on line 7: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 455: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 469: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 470: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 471: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 472: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/brewology/blocks/packs/generate/utils/archive.php on line 473: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
PK £G<&.¼íýÒ readme.txt ”ÛnÓ@†ïýÓ;M€»*TDAªÄÍÚÇCìÕ’õáùwÔ¦¸imYYçðý3ãýç:”{IïÈã¤4àÙÒ[ƒÓXUoϺOëUÕÝ#‚UÏÍŽ4E2jw8åØ )Èžé«ÁÛlÙ›¨>\œß=¯z’¢0ÞØ}j¢¨ çê ìú½i"Å^½¿ùv½Ú|º¥¨00yÕ˜ÕLYΚGõ Œo—D¯ø¸¤o½®ªM=„Ž”\éAïdàƒÉ2·p‰}±;¯Ž=ÍlÉóò!~ÿ¬‘Ãç‹-©Ã"áyxQ¬L.ñ\j¡$ŒfÇ3{ƒèÀU¯#מäÙ´Ó%¥š)€!û‡¨Žê© ¯SŸÆ@ÒÝó÷<¸Œú“Hí:¨ØKËèVÂ`æYe¦YÔÓ"ÿ’ÜOáW´Eq´ÕeC®Sz²—Ì@5 e—`÷|q:ÛÒžMoìîÉDáøÝq D‡ ò¿L:/&„<Ö¹€±-0M×ѡע *ý*‹$ò̉]½ÍaÎø(8S¨wœ»¹gO»蕝JÞ\K¬Caä2sUä¶4¼Á Š×oD=èuºX«Ýñ´6GS¨^âø;ÿŸñÚ{Ìì&Û &$u*Ú€Œí¥†²¼éç®ødÿPK £G<&.¼íýÒ readme.txtPK8%Ò w w w . B r e w o l o g y . c o m +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Check out all of our exclusive Pack Generators! | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Instructions | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ Extract this DIRECTLY to the root of your Memory Card. (ex. J:\) This will set up all the files you need with the proper structure. +-+-+-+-+ | Notes | +-+-+-+-+ On all systems, preliminary steps are needed to make your console homebrew ready, so be sure to stop by our forums if you need help. We also offer video tutorials with step-by-step instruction. A great option for the visual learners out there! +-+-+-+-+-+ | Thanks | +-+-+-+-+-+ Special thanks goes out to all our members and staff who help make this site great! Your participation keeps the site going! Any and all input is appreciated, so come and join our forums! -MonkeyMaximus +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ | Unauthorized distribution is prohibited. | +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Ryan give me a shout when your on your wii is at a very good system menu fto start your hacking
Being redone
<<

ryansichieri

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:10 pm

its all good bro i figured out how to get the homebrew channel on it.... the only thing i cant find out is what application do you need to play dvds.... and where do you put roms for the emulators...

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials