Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:11 pm

[FireFoxx] Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Review by: FireFoxx

First off i would like to say that i have played this game on the gamecube when it was released and loved it. I would have to say that RE: 4 was the best game on the gamecube. Now a few years, capcom has released Resident Evil: 4 wii edition. It is pretty much the same game except with new controls centered around the wiimote and nunchuk. Aside from the new controls bonus content has been added from the ps2 version of the game and wide screen support.

Storyline:
You play as an ex-cop named Leon S. Kennedy, your objective is to rescue the presidents daughter Ashley from a village somewhere in Spain. This game doesn't use the original resident evil story involving zombies, this time around you are facing more intelligent parasite infested characters; they can swerve to dodge your bullets, break through windows, climb up ladders and even throw objects at you such as pick axes. There are a variety of different character varying from normal villagers to chainsaw wielding enemies to monks and much much more as you get farther in the game. The game has many plot twists in it to keep it exciting and original. Overall i give the storyline an 8.5 out of 10.

Gameplay:
There is a major improvement in camera angles in this game. The game steps away from the traditional view of the "birds eye view." The camera is now located behind the characters shoulder, this is a step in the right direction for the Resident Evil series. You can now get put into the action, while at other points it increases the drama because you cannot see everything around you anymore. While shooting a weapon the camera goes into a more first person kind of view, which is another benefit. Another thing that i liked about this game was the amount of boss battles it had, there is a great number of them. Resident Evil 4 has a good mix of action and puzzle solving.

Controls:
I found that the new controls worked well with this. It takes a while to learn them but when you do it becomes easier then the gamecube control pad. You aim weapons by pointing on the screen. Using the Knife is a lot easier this time around, all you have to do is swing the remote in a "knife swinging motion" The new controls get a 9 out of 10.

Graphics:
I would have to say that Resident Evil 4 is one of the nicest looking games on the wii. Even thought there is no new graphical improvements from the gamecube version other then complete widescreen support, it still is amazing compared to the wii games out today. Graphics get and 8 out of 10 because there is no graphical improvement from the gamecube version even though this is a wii game.

Playback:

This game has loads of playback content, once you beat the game you unlock addition modes such as "The mercenaries" and a second storyline revolving around another character in the game. Also in the main storyline you unlock a "professional" difficulty setting along with new weapons, and costumes. The new bonus content added in the wii edition give even more features. Playback gets an 8 out of 10.

Overall:
Since i have already played this game on the gamecube i would give this game a 9/10, if you have never played resident evil before it would be closer to a 10.
Last edited by FireFoxx on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:01 pm

I just bought this and its the best game I ever played out of all the other Wii games I bought.

Its cool to see the Wii is finally getting good games. :)
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:46 pm

i beat this game on the gamecube in about 1 day but i wished it was a little harder.

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

agent60328

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: [FireFoxx] Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

i love this game

Return to Nintendo Wii/Wii U