Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:57 pm

PS3 Move

Okay, I know this is possible, I just don't think it has been done.

What I want is to use a PS2 controller on a PSP Slim. The original idea came when...

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max got released for PSP. I wanted to not only play it on TV, but I wanted to use my six-face-buttons controllers (L1 and R1 on the front face of the controllers): examples here and here. Not to mention, I actually prefer this controller on MOST games that don't use analog. I also know a ton of people that would love to play with arcade sticks on this game.

So what was I to do? Wait for an emulator to come out? Go crazy? But then the PSP2TV came out, and as most of you know, not only does this allow you to play on a TV, but it has a PS2 controller port in the back. PSP2TV pic

So that was my solution... until the PSP Slim came out. The PSP Slim, spec-wise, is a little bit better, more RAM, and caching UMD load data, etc. But of course, the TV feature. From what I understand it, the TV feature is better than PSP2TV, better quality, especially if you use component or S-video.

On to the questions...
Is there any way to make PSP2TV work for PSPSlims, even if just to use the controller feature while still using the PSPSlim's own video output? If so, would any rewiring or anything need to be involved? I already know you have to install a chip for the PSP2TV.

Or does anyone know of an adapter, or a hack like this that will work? I've looked for adapters of this kind, there's none that I can find. I've seen a few PS2 controller mods, but these all use the regular PS2 controller, and they either use it as a docking station or connected RIGHT to the PSP, underneath it. I want the wire going into it. I basically want my PSP to be a (non-portable) console system. At least when I play this game, and some others, or just when I use it on TV.

Didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here... even though it's more PSP, not PS3 related... although I DID hear of someone who said PS3 controllers could be used on a PSP, so maybe that method + those PS2-PS3USB controller converters would work... dunno.

--------------------------