Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

New to Game Saves Help plz!

<<

wakaflakakenflo

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 am

New to Game Saves Help plz!

hey, I know its annoying to answer the mate who is a noob at your expertise but hear me out!

I bought a 4gb USB flash drive to get the LBP 1 everything aced game save (since mine is gone from Y-Lod) ...I go home Plug it in, make a folder in the removable disc called PS3 than another called SAVEDATA. Inside that i save that big file that starts with a B inside the SAVEDATA file. Now its all saved on my USB. I plug it in the PS3, scroll over to games, and down to the Saved Data Utility (minis) <im assumign that my USB its picking up. I click it and there is a "no saved data" thing inside. I checked everywhere on the ps3 and i cant find this LBP game save anywhere.

Am i doing it right? did i miss a step.. I read more than my share of posts about how to do this on that main game save thread but I just need some 1 on 1 help.

Anyone who helps me get this done gets a free 7-11 LBP slurpee code WOOO WOOOO big time money in this for you people.
<<

wakaflakakenflo

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: New to Game Saves Help plz!

is this forum still active :P ?
<<

Cypherous

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 24 times

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 am

Mini's is the wrong section those are for the mini's series of games you can download from PSN, under the PS3 save heading it "should" list your USB device at the top and then if you click that it should access the saves on the stick, i know thats how it works when i use my PSP to copy saves or back them up from the PS3 :)
<<

jay00funk

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm having the same issue! Any help would be appreciated.
<<

jay00funk

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:59 am

Figured it out!

Here is what you have to do:

Step 1: Download a LBP file off this site.

Step 2:

Start LBP. Go to settings then click the profile settings option. Once your in the profile settings click back up profile. Follow the instructions. Then close the game and go to your XMB.

Step 3: Unzip the downloaded file.

Step 4: Go to the Saved Data Utility in the XMB and save the LittleBigPlanet Profile Backup AND the LittleBigPlanet saved game to your USB.

Step 5: Open the USB with the saved data. Go to the PS3 folder and open the SAVEDATA folder. You should see two folders (if you only see one that's ok) called BCUS98148PROFILE???????? - Copy these to an empty folder on your computer for backup.

Step 6: Open the folder with the downloaded data. Take the files and copy it to the USB into these folders below

Your USB should look like this:
Drive:PS3/SAVEDATA/BCUS98148/ (Put files here)
Drive:PS3/SAVEDATA/BCUS98148PROFILE????????/ (Copy your PROFILE numbers from your original saved backup and put them where the ? are) (Put files here)
Drive:PS3/SAVEGAME/BCUS98148/
Drive:PS3/SAVEGAME/BCUS98148PROFILE????????/ (Copy your PROFILE numbers from your original saved backup and put them where the ? are) (Put files here)

Step 7: Run LBP again. Go to Settings then click Profile Settings. You should see the Import Profile option. Click it and look for the backup profile. (It will be a LBP logo). Import the file and you should be set.

I hope this works for you. Let me know if it does so we can help others with this problem.

Cheers,
Jay

Return to PlayStation 3