<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Re: Ron Paul

Ace, like I said, Texas had a good economy because of our large size and resources. Even because of 'our oil.' And our land is cheap because there's a lot of it that no one lives on. We have plenty.
It's not because of Perry. Things could be a lot better.

To list some things that Perry has done in a manner that you can quickly read to help understand why he is absolutely outrageous....

1. When he came into office, our annual spending was $49 billion a year. Now, it's $90 billion.

2. Texan debt has more than doubled since he's been in office.

3. He turns roads already built and owned by the government into toll roads.

4. Rick Perry has raised Texas taxes soooo much. He likes to taught that he has never raised taxes. On the other hand, Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes.

5. Supposedly Texas is doing so well, but in fact, between 2007 and 2011, our average weekly wages only increased .06%. The rest of the US was getting an average of 5% increases.

6. Texas has the highest percentage of workers making minimum wage out of any of the 50 states. That's sad.

7. He signed in a law that makes girls take the Gardasil vaccine. It's very controversial because it is very, very dangerous. On a personal note, my neighbor got this shot and was unable to walk for a few weeks. Her body 'forgot' how to walk and she had to reteach her muscles. Was sad seeing her in a wheel chair because she was a perfectly healthy girl before.

Other things: High violent crime rates, low education and SAT scores, low percentage of people who actually vote, one of the lowest home ownership rates, and one of the highest percent of people living below poverty level out of all states.

Citings:
1. http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... perry.html
2. http://www.politifact.com/texas/stateme ... der-perry/
3. http://www.truthbetolled.com/synopsis.php
4. http://www.politifact.com/texas/stateme ... ot-raisin/
http://spectator.org/blog/2010/12/03/di ... r-a-tax-in
5. http://www.americanindependent.com/1893 ... -reporting
6. http://www.americanindependent.com/1893 ... -reporting
7. http://www.naturalmedicine.com/news/vac ... ine-grows/
Read more about muscle memory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 am

Well I'm pretty sure I like just said I didn't attribute those things to Perry. Maybe you read my posts wrong, or you just reallly want to prove how bad of a guy Perry is thus I should vote for Paul. Either way I made my post because I found conflicting information in regards to your comments about Texas well being. And obviously we're still going to keep finding conflicting/skewed information. Such as the fact that NY's total spending was $65.7 billion in 2000 and rose to $108.3 billion in 2010, California's total spending in 2000 was $84.4 billion and rose to $156.8 billion in 2010.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/nor ... l#usgs302a
So Texas' total state spending increased in a decades time? Go figure. You can see where I am going with the rest of this post.

I'd be interested if you could find information though that proves why I should vote for Paul other than because the other candidates are bad, but rather why Paul is good. I mean Paul did dismiss the argument that the government was behind 911, can you believe that?! ~/sarcasm~
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:22 am

9/11 is in the past, I'm guessing he realizes that in order to move forward, people need to stop trying to blame everyone in their own country, and start working together to fix it.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:26 pm

That was definitely a joke... Let me bold the sarcasm bit at the end for you.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 pm

crait wrote:Rick Perry? Really, guys? He's made over 11 million dollars from oil and gas companies alone. There are soooo many times where it's been proven that he will take 150K or so from a company and implement laws to return almost a million back to that company from the government.
People would like to say that Texas is doing so well because of him... We are #1 in teen pregnancy, #1 in children without health insurance, #1 in STD rates, #1 in drop outs, etc. Some parts of Texas is great to live in, but it's not because of him. People are so quick to say that he is the reason Texas has been unaffected by the economy... But what has he ever done to deserve that title? Nothing.

Ron Paul on the other hand....
- He wants us to stop getting into other country's business and stop starting stupid wars. (Doesn't mean stop trading with them, though!)
- He has never voted to raise taxes in his life for anyone.
- He has more political experience than any other GOP hopeful; Alongside being a licensed medical doctor and has served our country in multiple wars.

I guarantee you that most people in our country share 9/10 of the ideas of Ron Paul, but they simply don't know his stance on those things. I'd really like if you guys looked some stuff up on him. :) He's simply amazing. Oh, and he's not a Republican. He was a congressman for Texas under the Republican label but he ran for president as a Libertarian last election. Seeing how he can cut his competition in half, he is running as a Republican this time around. Many people I know that are Democrats would rather pick him over Obama and I feel the same exact way.

Good words for the good doctor Paul. Rick Perry on the other hand... that's a funny thing to see. You see, I predicted that he would be our next president YEARS ago. I don't believe he's going to run, however. But the reason that Texas is so messed up isn't because of Rick Perry, it's because people from Texas elect religious NUT CASES like this guy who CUTS sex-ed and ONLY preaches abstinence. And he's done so for years. And no, folks, I'm not bashing on religion - I'm merely stating that this guy is so far religious that he's turned the state of Texas into 1983 with his crazy policy and legislation. Which, I'm glad crait pointed that out because it uusually ends up benefiting the companies that pay him to sway his vote... er, I mean, influence him politically.

Don't vote on a party line. Vote Ron Paul, if you do vote.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Kanadier wrote:9/11 is in the past

That's treason.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote:

That's treason.

-DarkPacMan77-

That's a double post.

-IceCube-
-Formerly DCM
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Ice-Cube wrote:
DarkPacMan77 wrote:

That's treason.

-DarkPacMan77-

That's a double post.

-IceCube-

And technically your breaking a rule too ;)

Anyway, one of these 2 men will more then likely have my vote. Nobama for sure
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:13 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:
And technically your breaking a rule too ;)

Anyway, one of these 2 men will more then likely have my vote. Nobama for sure

Going off-topic? :(

Well, I'm not American, and this is the topic that is currently being discussed here, so what else can I do? :P
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:02 pm

@Ice-Cube: You can state your views on what you think America should do. We're always open for that, actually.

@DPM: "Don't vote on a party line. Vote Ron Paul[.]" Exactly!

@Ace: Because other states have increased spending, it is okay? That's the opposite of what I'm saying. I show you reasons why Rick Perry is a horrible guy to pick... but those also apply to anyone else. If someone does those things, I will not vote for them. What do those things have to do with Ron Paul? Ron Paul doesn't do those things.
He has never accepted any money from any corporation. He simply isn't a corrupt pig.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:32 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:

That's treason.

-DarkPacMan77-

Explain...? Lol
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Kanadier wrote:
DarkPacMan77 wrote:

That's treason.

-DarkPacMan77-

Explain...? Lol

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... =911q.html

You don't know what happened on 9/11. I'm not saying I do, however, I know enough about 9/11 than to say "it's in the past", because sir, look out the window. You have less rights now than you've ever had. The events of September the eleventh are then, just as they are yesterday, and will be tomorrow.

The day Americans learn of what REALLY happened on 9/11 is the day true patriots lead the revolution.

-DarkPacMan77-

For this message the author DarkPacMan77 has received thanks:
crait
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Who says I don't know? ;)

I think it's pretty obvious that a government had to do something in order to get its country to see a threat and support the neutralization of that threat. It's sad, really.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Kanadier wrote:Who says I don't know? ;)

I think it's pretty obvious that a government had to do something in order to get its country to see a threat and support the neutralization of that threat. It's sad, really.

I don't suppose that includes getting billions of dollars does it? Because that is what they got...
-Formerly DCM
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Ice-Cube wrote:
Kanadier wrote:Who says I don't know? ;)

I don't suppose that includes getting billions of dollars does it? Because that is what they got...

The billions of dollars is just a plus.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat