Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

What is wrong with Symantecs page? Need help!!

<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:39 pm

What is wrong with Symantecs page? Need help!!

I am having a real tuff time trying to install Norton Internet Security 2006 that I got in the package today, and cant install cause I always get a error trying to unistall the old one I had...I went to google and followed a websites
instructions on how to remove all there registries n stuff I did all that to remove the old one, and I still cant install
the one I have now..

also why does Symantecs website keeps turning into Microsofts? and it keeps saying the web page was not found.
I cant any help from nowhere else. Help please!!
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:43 pm

i had the same problem with norton anti-virus cant remember how i fixed it though
ImageImage
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:59 pm

Just a few guesses:

If you upgraded and not purchased the full price, then you need the old version so it does recognize that this is a simple upgrade to the new one. So uninstalling it before, won't help. The installation process should take care of that. (Even if it was a new installation.. it will take care of the old one by itself.)

Maybe if you turn off Norton's Personal Firewall (that comes with your version) could help you log on correctly to the internet. If you disable it, and you are able to connect then go through the ordeal of setting it up correctly.

Other than that, I got no idea.. you should ask for online support from Norton at their website.
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:18 pm

but the old one was corrupted and needed reinstall, but I couldnt so I just left it there and try to install the new one.

Return to General Chat