<<

tbag

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:03 am

gamestop robbed....

i found this post in another forum and could not resist posting it. it was writen by some one by the name of [UNCLE]Goosy and this is his story

I was going to college, two days ago at 11 am, when after passing by the Gamestop I work out I saw 3 police cars parked right outside. I knew something was going on because the scene was too odd. I thought maybe I should call our store and ask them if anything's going on. But, unfortunately, I forgot...
Then yesterday morning, a day after the event, I went there to sell 3 games when Andrew (one of my managers) said, "did you hear what happened?" I said, "No, what's up?" he said, "we got robbed yesterday morning" I was shocked and said, "What???! hmmm I actually saw three police cars and wanted to call you guys but I forgot..."
So he started to tell me the whole thing:

It was at around 10:10 am and Chris (the big manager) was working in the store all alone, a few hours before the first part-timer would come in to help out. The door opens and three guys walk in with black masks and face bandanas. They go straight upto Chris and take their hand guns halfway out of their pockets and tell him that everything would go fine if he listens to what they demand. And Chris says Sure!! Whatever you want and whatever you say, just don't hurt me! (very friendly tone.)
They don't ask him for money, they don't ask him for the safe, and they don't even take any games. Instead they tell him to take them to the backroom. Meanwhile they park their truck outside the backroom door that opens to the trash alley and simply load it up! They take over $10,000 worth products including consoles, handhelds, and accessories. The list goes like this:

3 New 60gb PS3's
5 New Premium Pack Xbox360's
8 New $250 PSP Value Packs
5 New DS Lites pink/black/white
6 New GameBoy Advance SP's
14 Used systems including Slim and Fat PS2's, Xbox360's, Xbox's, and GameCubes
6 Refurbished system including GameCubes and Xbox's
7 PS3 Controllers
12 Wireless Xbox360 contrllers
Whole bunch of GameCube and PS2 controllers
Other accessories like expensive headsets, 3rd party controllers, cables, etc
A box filled with items that were supposed to be shipped back to the company so they can destory them, just because they didn't have good sell (which is.... *Beep*ed)

Then they smash up the VCR, smash up the backroom PC that has nothing to do with anything poor thing (case + monitor), smash all our VHS tapes, and then tape my managers wrists together and tape him to a chair in the backroom, and then leave.

So Chris finally frees himself from the chair and with hands tied behind his back calls 911. Police comes and the rest is history.

They said that they were able to find finger prints, but they could belong to anyone (Chris said he's 90% sure they weren't wearing gloves [!]), and since the thieves have to have criminal records in order to match those finger prints up, it's all a bit uselss. They were able to recover the VHS tape of that day, too. But the quality of it is awful (duh... what's VHS in the first place, that gets smashed, too?) and there's no sound.
I'm pretty sure their investigations will get to absolutely nowhere.

This was the 2nd time in 3 years at our store, and both times happened to Chris. Poor guy.... felt so sorry for him...

Anyway, that's my update for you this time. Hope you enjoyed it.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:22 am

That's fricken insanse man. I'm an asst manager at my gamestop and we got robbed bad too, only noone was there. The people went out in the middle of the night during an ice storm so noone was really out on the roads to catch them, and from the outside with a sledgehammer busted through the wall to where out system room is, (we dont have a cage, we have a locked system room) anyways theres no cameras in there because normally to get into the room you walk through a door which has a camera on it, but they came through the wall from the outside, and stole everything in there. Basically same stuff yall got stolen. NUTS!
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:49 pm

wow...thats shocking, they didnt have an Alarm system?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm

justinwoodypond wrote:That's fricken insanse man. I'm an asst manager at my gamestop and we got robbed bad too, only noone was there. The people went out in the middle of the night during an ice storm so noone was really out on the roads to catch them, and from the outside with a sledgehammer busted through the wall to where out system room is, (we dont have a cage, we have a locked system room) anyways theres no cameras in there because normally to get into the room you walk through a door which has a camera on it, but they came through the wall from the outside, and stole everything in there. Basically same stuff yall got stolen. NUTS!

I'd totally bust through a wall if I had a good chance of making off with that much loot...

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Skelator03

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 19 times

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:
justinwoodypond wrote:That's fricken insanse man. I'm an asst manager at my gamestop and we got robbed bad too, only noone was there. The people went out in the middle of the night during an ice storm so noone was really out on the roads to catch them, and from the outside with a sledgehammer busted through the wall to where out system room is, (we dont have a cage, we have a locked system room) anyways theres no cameras in there because normally to get into the room you walk through a door which has a camera on it, but they came through the wall from the outside, and stole everything in there. Basically same stuff yall got stolen. NUTS!

I'd totally bust through a wall if I had a good chance of making off with that much loot...

-DarkPacMan77-

YOu are just stupid then lol
<<

FireFoxx

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:09 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:

-DarkPacMan77-

Yes systems are getting to expensive these days lol but thats crazy tho,quite the heist
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Hell you guys may call me stupid but I know you'd love to buy some discount games/ systems off of me...

and you can take that to the bank

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:45 pm

pspruler wrote:wow...thats shocking, they didnt have an Alarm system?

We have an alarm system, but only if you break through glass or something. There isnt any alarm on the wall, and they busted right through it into the system room.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Mailas

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:18 am

Geeeze, what kind of person would rob a store without getting Breath of Fire 3 for Playstation, for shame.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 am

lol Their smart people thats why they didnt waste any time on breath of fire 3 :)
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:23 am

justinwoodypond wrote:
pspruler wrote:wow...thats shocking, they didnt have an Alarm system?

We have an alarm system, but only if you break through glass or something. There isnt any alarm on the wall, and they busted right through it into the system room.

oh...well thats good, but I was actually referring to tbag's post
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:58 am

Re: gamestop robbed....

tbag wrote:
This was the 2nd time in 3 years at our store, and both times happened to Chris. Poor guy.... felt so sorry for him...

Anyway, that's my update for you this time. Hope you enjoyed it.

kind of makes u think dont it?...2 times 3 years him being the one there....hmmm

btw i 100% agree with darkpacman
<<

arto14

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:28 am

man, i dont blame the robbers..... ps3'z r so expensive the only way to get ur hands on one is to steal.lol :)
myspace.com/pooponagansta
AIM=arto0121

talk to me =)
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:01 am

I dont know if you guys ever heard, but a mother died trying to get a Wii.
<<

arto14

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:04 am

what :shock: . how
myspace.com/pooponagansta
AIM=arto0121

talk to me =)
Next