Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

My name is Mailas

<<

Mailas

Post Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 pm

My name is Mailas

Im fairly certain this topic will most likely be moved to spam, deleted, or locked (probably not to prevent spam which will most likely be in this topic) but for the few who read this, I just have the nerve to give my last remark. Although over atleast my 3-4 years of being on this site, I have helped a lot of people on the subject of: PSP. But since I stopped reviewing the PSP aspects, my knowledge continues to lack over the time not spent on PSP. But as many of you may know, I have been assigned moderator of pspbrew twice, which I thank the staff for this. I will have to admit, my first time as mod I had abused my powers, threatning to bann fellow members and whatnot. After being given a second chance, I re-controlled sanity :). Many people had reported to fellow mods and admins that I had been abusing my powers during the second time I was a global moderator, I am un-aware even today of how such actions were taken by me. When I was given a second chance at moderator, I was trusted, very well trusted indeed. Because of this, I still don't understand how or why I would abuse my powers. That makes me wonder why I would perform such actions. I am not saying I didn't abuse my powers, Im sure I didnt, but a few people have reason to believe I did.

Now many of you are really confused why I left the site. You may have thought it was because of my hard-drive failure, but no I had reformatted that quite a while ago. I left the site because with the confusion of why I was demodded, there was no reason to come back here. Some have explained over messenger that over the time I was demodded, there has been some corruption in the forum. More spamming, more swearing, less moderation, etc. Hopefully this corruption will change in the future.

I have even seen on the forums that people have said nasty things about me (not mentioning any names), which made new-comers believe I was a bad member. You can say what you want, so Il speak what I think. I hardly teased, harrassed or tried to embarrass any members, I only did what I could to help people feel welcome when they joined. You may not believe this (maybe the admins have a log somewhere) but I even pmed new-comers welcoming them. Not really that great, but I just hoped it made them feel welcome. I dont know what people will say to this topic (thats if people even see it), will they laugh? Will they start spamming? Who knows? But I just want to say who ever stuck behind me thank you. I hope this forum prospers. Probably from time to time I may come on, I just can't believe Im leaving. Haha, I know its kinda sad of me to say that over the internet, but as the most active user on pspbrew, I wish you all the best.

My regards, Mailas G.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat May 19, 2007 10:59 pm

lol dude this is the internet, Worst is when they just bash with no rhyme or reason.
What do these people do all day? I neither care to nor have time to go to the other forums and
annoy people with senseless blathering. They're just here to raise hell, ignore them.

Now if people want to have mature rational discussions, then by all means. But these are few and far between.
<<

Mailas

Post Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 pm

Yeah its a total mystery.
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sun May 20, 2007 6:51 am

I have a life, and i can't sit
here for like 10 minutes
reading your essay...

Do you wanna sum it up real
quick?
A recent study shows that 98% of all
teenagers smoke pot, or have tried pot.
If you are one of the 79% of those who
don't give a sh*t, post this in your signature.

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Post Sun May 20, 2007 7:03 am

Just read it.
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

PSP_man wrote:I have a life, and i can't sit
here for like 10 minutes
reading your essay...

Do you wanna sum it up real
quick?

basically he is saying that your an donkey's rear end and everything you say isnt funny so... STFU PSP_man,

seriously stop being an donkey's rear end and get some friends and dont make stupid useless posts that cut down other people, its really annoying to everyone else on the site and as i already told you, you have already been banned, your on thin ice man, dont think for a second that i wont ban you again.

mailas, sorry to see you go. the choice is 100% yours and there is nothing i can say to make you stay, i just hope this is what you really want
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun May 20, 2007 9:36 am

Like he said .Vault he will be on and off the site ever once in a while. Well like .Vault said its your choice hopefully sometime you can come back. Time you get back DPM will probably tripled your post count lol.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:02 am

Did someone's post got deleted on here? I remember Krysis posted something.
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 am

Yea, I deleted it.
I don't even understand why he left.
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:21 am

well ive been around for a lil while notr active but around...i personally havent SEEn anything bad pf course doesnt mean its not there but hell man dont let it get to u

its just a bunch of no bodys on an online forum....the forum dont matter and neither to the people...
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:48 am

I wasn't being a jerk,
I was just asking for
someone to sum it up.

I wasn't trying to act
like an donkey.

You need to calm down,
.Vault.

And now I know what
Mailas was saying.

To be honest, it will be
kinda hard to run the site
without his help; and that's
not sarcasm.
A recent study shows that 98% of all
teenagers smoke pot, or have tried pot.
If you are one of the 79% of those who
don't give a sh*t, post this in your signature.

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun May 20, 2007 11:14 am

Re: My name is Mailas

Mailas G wrote:More spamming, more swearing, less moderation, etc. Hopefully this corruption will change in the future.

We haven't seen less order, we've only seen certain members acting more or less like they always have - only they post more frequently. We are about to adopt a temporary ban policy to begin punishing these select individuals. This has only seemed to happen since you've been gone because people have begun posting more often.

You may think that I am against you Mailas, but I'm not. I was simply only against having you as a mod because you didn't mod, and yes, you did abuse your power. All of that is in the past though. If you really like this forum then why leave? I mean, I'm sincerely not trying to be rude when I say this, but since I made a push to get you out of your mod position, I've had people send me rants and raves calling me their "idol" and telling me that "there is a such thing as God" - all because they think I am the one that got rid of you. In the end, it was a lack of leadership in your mod position that got you banned. It's unfortunate, and I hope you stay around to prove that you aren't a bad person. There are people that have been around here FAR longer than me, and they completely hate you. It isn't my fault that they feel that way.

It seems you are seeking sympathy by glorifying yourself and saying because you lost your modship, that you won't come back. Now, I'm going to completely disregard what I personally think and only tell you my advice.

People, for whatever reason they have, do not like you here. They want you to leave. The staff, doesn't particularly care. Nobody is out to get you. But what I suggest is that you stick around and prove you aren't the person people believe you are. There's no reason to leave. Maybe some day you will earn enough credit here to be trusted as a mod again.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Mailas

Post Sun May 20, 2007 11:45 am

Thats really weird because Ive seen a lot of rules broken...........wasnt like this before.
And in my opinion, abusing my powers would be acting like an admin, doing things I cannot do, thinking
I have complete power over everyone, that sort of thing. Honestly I admitted it, I did that the first time I was a mod,
I threatened to bann people, I made people get warned, I even acted like I locked some topics by asking someone to do so.
But I dont believe I did none of those things for my second chance. Honestly why would I do that if Im given a second chance?
I would just be asking to be demodded.

I just made this topic because I saw people like PSP-Man spreading really stupid lies to new-comers, which gives them a lot of thought on me. Im not really a "bad" person, I mean I skip some classes at school now and then, I get into fights but really I dont break the rules on this forum. I try to follow them by not swearing, not trying to look like some cheap-shot, not being racist, not being prejudiced, and not mending someones religion which people have done to me. And I did moderate the forum, some people even said to me even on the forums people said without me theres just spam and junk everywhere.

If I was trusted with moderator for a second time, why would I do such things?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun May 20, 2007 11:59 am

You being a mod and the amount of rules being broken on this site has nothing in common. You never modded those things out to begin with. And that's the main reason your modship was taken away. Now, I'm not really the one that should even be discussing this with you, and I realize that. I'm not the one that took the mod status away. But, what I will tell you is that the main reason you were demodded is because you were not modding. On top of that, I used to leave threads alone instead of modding them just to see if you or DA would mod them. DA didn't, but he isn't around that much, so it isn't really his fault so much. But you were actually posting in those threads and not modding them at all ~ leaving me or DA to come by and clean up later. You weren't a help, and people didn't like you. It's just blatant fact.

You want that reversed? - Then stick around and show people that you've changed.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Sun May 20, 2007 12:18 pm

I do what I can. I can't always be on. Whenever I am on I do fix anything thats needs to be fixed and help other members with questions.
ImageImage
Next

Return to General Chat