<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:09 am

Evolution vs Creation

This is a topic of beliefs, religion, and science. A topic of prior knowledge or current intelligence. You must have knowledge of both sides of the subject, otherwise you will get eaten, chewed up, and spit out. This topic is not for the light-hearted, so do not enter if you have no knowledge or opinion on the subject.

Evolution is "the change in the inherited traits of a population from generation to generation." Basically, the science or proof-related side of the subject. Creation is "the belief that a God or gods brought the universe into existence." Basically, the blind-fate or belief side of the subject.

Which do you believe in? Do you believe we evolved from bacteria or various tiny organisms? Or do you believe God created the universe spiritually? You decide! Either back up your opinions and beliefs with solid/written proof, or persuade us with your blind-fated beliefs.

Regulations/Information
  • No flaming - Please do not mock, insult, or make fun of someone or their beliefs.
  • No spamming - Do not post senseless or meaningless posts.
  • Back yourself up - Do not enter this debate unless you have solid opinions or proof.
  • Confrontations are allowed - If you feel a person has not backed up their post, and you have something to contradict them, you may do so, though do so knowledgeably.
  • Be courteous - Be nice to your fellow members. If you attack them verbally, not only will the staff warn you, but the victim of your attack may not be as fond of you from now on.
Discuss, debate, and argue away! :)
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:18 am

Lol for some reason I believe some people are going to get there feelings hurt....O well.
I so like totally believe God created us. I mean really. I don't see how people can look around at some of the awesome things in the world (like mountains and flowers type of thing) and think it all happened because of an accident. Now I will admit we are different then people from way back when, but even the bible says that. For instance, way back in Moses' day, they used to live a really long time. But now the average life expectancy is like 77 years old in the U.S. That was one of the "plagues" God put on us when you all know the story bout Adam and Eve. But I think the biggest part is wondering what happens when you die O.o Because I sure know I would hate to go to hell for the rest of eternity. Some people even say that they think they are going to heaven because "there a good person" when they probably haven't even prayed in the past week! I know the bible has changed over the times though too, that's why I prefer older versions of bible's such as King James version. But even Jesus is referred too in history book's (not so much now) so we know he had to have been real. I mean it would be really hard to prove he wasn't alive. But yea. That's my opinion. God soo created us. I just don't see how people think everything around us was an accident and we evolved from single cell organisms, I just don't see how that's even possible. Believing in God makes more sense to me then thinking we came from pond scum. So yea.

But you know one thing that's sort've off topic that I don't understand is why the U.S. is trying to be more "polite" to other religions by trying to take away everything that has to do with God in our lives, but they aren't worried about hurting Christians feelings! It seems to me like they are purposely trying to hurt Christians feelings and make everyone else feel like what there doing is right. I just don't get it. They were even talking about passing a bill that would consider saying something along the lines of "A family is a man and a woman married" would be a hate crime and punishable by law!!! What happened to freedom of speech huh?

Alright well if I write anymore no one is going to read my post so there yah go.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:55 am

OMG i read it. I will edit this post when i come back from doing stuff.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:23 pm

I believe God created life, because the creation of the universe just seem impossible that it could have happened
without God.

Coincedences that big don't happen. Makes the most sense to me.
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:51 pm

who made god and who made the person who made god. it is never ending . i only thing to do is to have faith[

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 pm

well of course I have faith, the problem is that most people don't.
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 pm

Im catholic so i believe in God, but hate the crusification of Jesus Christ.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:14 pm

listen. i believe in a higher power. i believe that that power has a higher power and so on and so on. HOWEVER i do believe in evolution. its the perfect system just like everything else in this universe evolution serves an incredible purpose THE CONTINUATION OF ALL LIFE. if what evolution tells us is true then life will always go on cause offspring will adapt to new challenges. if a higher power didnt think that idea up who did? why cant we have evolved? why cant god, budha, shiva whatever have created us through evolution? what makes humans so special? other than that less then 1% change in our dna compared to apes? nothing.

why is everyone forcing religion and science on other people? if you take the bible literally then you are sort of limiting yourself and not willing to change, and if you believe in only science then your nuts because scientific FACT changes. i mean look at recent scientific discoveries. people used to believe in spontaneous generation and egyptians thought brains were useless. besides scientific method HAS to believe in a higher power because NOTHING is 100%
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:21 pm

there is no reason to to explain about evoultion because where is the truth going to get to huh . that if its real or not. it does not matter. its simple just live life. thats how i feel about evoultion. if belive in god belive in it. but evoultoin is a bunch of crap there is no reason to look in to it.

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:23 pm

there IS a reason. to keep living that life your so proud of we need to know about the world around us!
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:30 pm

wtf

<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Don't Spam^^

But I think its possible that some species evolved from on another, but I think thats just Gods way of creation.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:35 pm

^exactly thats what ive been trying to say. you think mountains are cool? try the nervous system.
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:38 pm

why are we talking about this stuff . this is a psp website no a church website or evoultion website. i guess there no new psp homebrew to talk about so we have talk about this.

<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:41 pm

hey this is general chat brother! we can talk about all we want! yunoko is just trying to freshen our minds a little.
Next

Return to General Chat