Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

New Computer!!1!

<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm

New Computer!!1!

Well decided to get a new computer today. So much better than my old comp. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavil ... tDetail.do

I can now watch eps 80-100 of bleach all at the same time muhahaha.
ImageImage
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:25 pm

Lol. I'm getting a new computer to. Looks like a nice computer doesn't come with a screen though unless you already have one.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Have one. I think it was 609 with 17in lcd, I got it at bestbuy so might be cheaper online.
ImageImage
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 pm

Looks nice man. I really need to get more ram :( Can't never play oblivion on my computer unless I end like every single process in windows including explorer.exe XD. Next computer I get I will just build. Probably be a couple years though lol. nice computer though.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 pm

I really want to build a new computer... I have the first AMD 64 chip on my mobo. Cost me so much... half of my budget went to that darn chip. When I move to Japan though my mom's giving me her laptop which isn't the best, but for $75 I could upgrade it to 2gigs of ram! When I built my computer at the beginning of college my 1 gig of ram for a tower cost $130. Have to wait until I get back from Japan to build a new comp.
<<

Mailas

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Im thinking of getting alien ware. Might toggle around with that.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:10 am

Mailas G wrote:Im thinking of getting alien ware. Might toggle around with that.

If you have access to free software, it is MUCH cheaper to build your own computer. Even if it is your first build most motherboards come with instructions on what to connect and how to change jumpers for whatever. Since I have pretty much every piece of software I could need, I wouldn't think of buying a pre-made.
<<

mrhb111

Brewer
Brewer

Location: Oshawa,Ontario, Canada Hometown: Newbrunswick, Canada

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:07 am

Im getting a new one, has Media Edition 2007 On it, 2GB Memory and 500Gb HDD :)
PSP Firmware: 3.40 OE-A
Wii Firmware: 2.1E

-Austen
=I'm here to help=

GET XBOXBREW ALIVE AGAIN
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:57 pm

300 dollars would make my comp 20 times better then it is. i need just about everything though
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:00 pm

You be better off buying a new computer.
ImageImage
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:07 pm

not necessarily, just a new board and processor. maybe a video card some RAM.... wait a minute thats IS a new computer. still isnt as much as a 1500 dollar alienware comp. just look for everything an alienware has individually add it up and i promise mailas you wont be paying NEARLY that much
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Your just paying for the name when you buy alienware. Same goes for Sony Vaio.
ImageImage
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:19 pm

The only reason to buy a brand computer is if you are getting a laptop. Sony's got some pretty sweet designs if you like compact computers. They're better models don't make it out of Japan, but they have some cool ones here as well. My Japanese friend's got one that is hella tiny but sooo useful. Blow my mind every time I see it.

Desktops though... building one is definitely the way to go. You get the satisfaction of knowing you built your own computer, plus, it makes upgrading it 10x easier because you know exactly what's inside and how to install your upgrades.
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:26 pm

brentbizzle wrote:
Mailas G wrote:Im thinking of getting alien ware. Might toggle around with that.

If you have access to free software, it is MUCH cheaper to build your own computer. Even if it is your first build most motherboards come with instructions on what to connect and how to change jumpers for whatever. Since I have pretty much every piece of software I could need, I wouldn't think of buying a pre-made.

No ive built computers before, thought I might try something new you know?
I heard this alien ware is crap compared to dell but Im gonna try it out anyways.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:03 am

I totally agree with everyone else. Build your own desktop, it's cheaper plus when you buy a premade one they come with all those crappy programs and such (norton for example). I don't see how you could possibly think buying a alien ware computer is better then building one, unless your just getting it for the name.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
Next

Return to General Chat