<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:52 pm

~Create ICON1.PMF/SND0.AT3 files to modify your Homebrew~

Nice! when you google "icon1.pmf" This is the first topic to pop up!

NOTE: This tutorial will show you how to modify your emulator eboot files, PSX eboot files and homebrew eboot files by adding ICON1.PMF files, or SND0.AT3 files using PSPBrew v0.90.

ALSO: You can have SND0.AT3 an ICON1.PMF play at the same time as long as the size of both of the files put together does not exceed 500kb.
Neither one of the files will play if it exceeds 500kb.

The ICON1.PMF files are an Audio/Video file that loops in your memory stick.
The SND0.AT3 file is a separate audio file that does not loop (unless you mod it to do so), but you can have a much longer song here.
Loop it by downloading this, open it, and drag/drop the finished .AT3 file in the window and save it. The new .at3 file will be the finished product.
Things You Need:

* A Video File that you want to use
* TMPGEnc (or any other video editing software, but this one is recommended to follow my steps)
* MPS to PMF converter
* Sony UMD Tools
* WinMec (Only if you are using the Audio from the video you are using)
* Goldwave
* AT3 Codec (Only if you want to use .AT3 files)
* PSPBrew Program

To Know what I am talking about, here is a video of a ICON1.PMF file in action.

I put the MPS to PMF converter, WinMec and PSPBrew v0.90, Gold Wave 5.22, and the AT3 Codec in a pack for you here I assume you already have the UMD Tools.

Step 1: (Download and Install)

Download the Pack I have made and install PSPBrew, Goldwave or any other programs you will need.

Step 2: (Edit and Finish Video Clip)

Right now, you should already have the video file you want to use and if not, get one.
Open up
TMPGEnc or the video editing software you use. Click ‘open file’ and find the video file you want Right now, your settings should be like this.Image

*Edit and Clip the video to up to about 11 seconds, it can’t be too long because there is a 500 KB limit to ICON1.PMF. However the video that I want is only about 3-4 seconds.

*After you finish clipping your video to a maximum of 12 seconds, go ahead and click OK. Then click on ‘Set Output’ (meaning set the format you would like to save your file as). You will need to save it as .AVI as shown here.

*After you do that, set your settings exactly like mine as shown here.

HOWEVER: I am not using the same audio for my clip as I have in my video, so I chose NO Output on Audio, but If you want to use the Audio, just check the box to have an uncompressed audio.

You need to have the video set at 29.97 fps, and the pixel size at 144 x 80.

After you set those settings, go ahead and click on ‘
Start Output' or it might be, ‘Save As’ because it is basically the same thing. Name it whatever and save it to your desktop.
There you go now you have your Video file.

Step 3: (Edit and Finish Audio Clip)

***Only do this step if you want to use the audio that was already in the video you want.***

Open up WinMec and click on ‘Add files’ and add the video file you are using. Then set your settings like mine. Click on ‘profile’ and select the option "[PSP] MP4-AVC 368x208 500kbps 29.97fps, AAC 48KHz 96kbps.ini". The go to the Audio Tab and select ‘MP3’. Then change the Audio Sample Hz to '44100'. Then go the Video Tab and select ‘No Video’.

Choose your Output folder then click ‘
Encode

A new .MP3 file will appear, it is the music part of your video that has been ripped.

***Depending on what you are going for, a tune to loop with your video, or an actual song to go with the background, you will have to do different steps. If you want to have a tune to loop with your video, then follow this step, as do the people that just made the .MP3 file.***

Open up Gold Wave and then open the audio file you want to use.

*For the people that just made their .MP3 audio*

If you are using the MP3 file that you just made, then simply open up Gold Wave and open the MP3 file. Then click on save and have these settings.

There you go, now your Audio file is ready.

*For the people that are using a separate audio*

If you are using a different audio, you will have to trim the audio to as long as the video is. My video is about 3.5 seconds, so I will make an audio last that long, and trim it with Gold Wave. It is easy to trim, just drag the lines like this to highlight the area you want. like this.

After you found the highlighted area you want, click on ‘
copy’ then exit out of that window (not the gold wave one, the one of the audio) then click on ‘paste new’. This will bring up the audio that you chose. Then click on ‘Save’ and have your settings like mine here. It simple need to be saved as a .WAV file and the attribute set at ‘PCM signed 16 bit stereo’.

There you go, now you have your .WAV audio.

***If you are using a separate Audio, other than the one to loop with your video(like a song, about 1:30 long?)***

Open up the ATRAC3.zip file. Extract the files to a folder somewhere, and run atrac3.exe. Let it do whatever and install the Atrac files.

Once you do that, find the audio file or song you want to use. Keep in mind, the .AT3 file can be no bigger than 500 KB, but you can still have a fairly long song.

After you opened the file up, trim it with
Gold Wave. It is easy to trim, just drag the lines like this to highlight the area you want. like this.

After you found the highlighted area you want, click on ‘
copy’ then exit out of that window (not the gold wave one, the one of the audio) then click on ‘paste new’. This will bring up the audio that you chose. Then click on ‘Save’ and have your settings set like mine here.

Once you save that, you will still have a .WAV file. Now you just simply have to rename it from ‘
xxxx.WAV’ to ‘xxxx.AT3’ it might say that if you change it, the file will become unusuable, but you are OK.

***FINALLY each one of the people should have finished their Audio and Video files. Now all you have to do is turn them into a .MPS file using the Sony UMD Tools.

Step 4: (Create MPS file)

Open Sony UMD Tools then go to ‘UMD Stream Composer’ then ‘bin’ then click on the UMD Stream Composer.exe file. After it opens up, click on ‘new’ and make up a name for the clip, and a make up a name for the project, then click next.

Once you click ‘
Next’ another window will be there, and all you have to do here is check where it says “PSP Movie Format (for game)” then click Finish.

After you do that, click on ‘Video Source’ and select the video you want to use. Then click on ‘Audio Source’ and select the audio you want to use. After you do that, click on ‘Video Enc Software’ and set your settings like this.

Click ok, then go up to ‘
Run’ and click on ‘Encode + Multiplex’ and let your MPS be made.

Now open up ‘My Documents’ and then go down to ‘
UMDStreamComposer’ Then click on ‘Mux Work’ then click on ‘0001’ and your MPS file will be here.

Step 5: (Convert the MPS to a PMF file)

Now open up the MPS to PMF converter that you downloaded and then copy/paste the MPS file in the same directory as Icon Converter.bat’. Once you do that, then execute that .bat file and your .PMF file will be made! Rename the file to ‘ICON1.PMF’.

***You now have the files that you wanted and all you have to do now is put them on a homebrew, psx, emulator or something EBOOT. If you are messing with a homebrew or emulator EBOOT, you will need to load the EBOOT in the ‘%’ folder.

Step 6:

Load PSPBrew and then load the eboot you want to use. From here, you can add a few things to your eboot. You can add a picture to be the Main Icon, or you can add a background picture, or add a secondary image.

I have already found the pictures that I wanted for my eboot so I will load them like so.

You just need to resize the ICON that you want to ‘
144 x 80’ and save it as a .PNG file. And you save the Background picture to ‘480 x 272’ and save it as a .PNG file as well.

After you add everything you want, click on ‘
Save PBP’ and overwrite the original EBOOT you loaded. Let it save and once it does, transfer that PSX/Homebrew game or emulator over to your psp.

Once it finished, exit out of USB mode and head on over to the game tab and then to your memory stick and check out your new icon!

And here is my End Result

Dam! That took forever to make! It doesn't look very pretty.. but maybe it will help.
Last edited by AdventWolf on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

tbag

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:00 pm

i see

so this is why you need help with the icon1.pmf
anyway nice tut
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Yea, I didn't know there was a 500 KB limit or I wouldn't have had to go through another 24 hours of work trying to figure out how to do all this..
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Nice tutorial... I'll add this to the master guide for you.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Ah thanks.. its kinda like 3 tutorials in one.
How to convert music to .AT3 format,
How to make ICON1.pmf files,
and how to use pspbrew, i was looking all over the net to do that stuff. Its got too much stuff on it, but maybe its easy to understand.
<<

draggt

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:26 pm

now if only i can find the damn umd tools.
also pspbrew should make home made pmf files for all i think itll bee cool but just a sugestion
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:47 pm

You can go to the 'Flash0 Customization' part of the forums and it has custom Gameboot/Cintro files that people have made.
<<

RTAgent5

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:47 am

Just out of curiosity. What version of TMPGEnc are you using?
Hi.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:01 am

3.0 XPress.
It doesn't matter too much for what video modder you are using as long as you can trim the video and save it as a .AVI file, or save it as another format then convert it to .AVI with another program.
<<

RTAgent5

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:10 am

Thanks. Yeah I accidentally downloaded a version that would not let me clip/cut the video.
Hi.
<<

uberusmaximus

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:44 pm

this is hard and i cant get it to work :oops:
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Where you at? I can try to help ya.
<<

uberusmaximus

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:44 pm

well the whole thing confuses me. can you make one for me? i have one that is a commercial for turbo grafx-16 it is about 30 seconds and i wanted to make one out of a cheesy nes commercial and another for an snes commercial.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9tklmznzj21 , could you do it for me pleasE?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 pm

So you want some ICON1.PMF files?
sure.. I can probably have them for you tomorrow. After I do these maybe I can show you how to make them?
30 seconds does seem a bit much though, there is a 500 kb size limit of the ICON1.PMF files so the biggest the video could be is 12 seconds?

All you need are
* A Video File that you want to use
* A video editing software to trim the video.
* MPS to PMF converter
* Sony UMD Tools
* WinMec (Only if you are using the audio from the same video) - It rips the audio from a video file.
* Goldwave - Can save your sound file as a .AT3 file
* AT3 Codec (Only if you want to use .AT3 files)
* PSPBrew Program

EDIT: Nice! when you google "icon1.pmf" This is the first topic to pop up!
<<

uberusmaximus

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:18 pm

well ive got sony vegas 8 and sony sound forge 8, can i use those? and the vids are 30 seconds each, since theyre commercials. there got to be a way, since the turbo grafx one is that long. i bet if you make the audio bit rate lower and the video bit rate low you can get it all in.

on the snes one, you can cut out the part when the dude is walking up to the snes. start it when he slams in the cartrige please. and try to keep the last part. its funny.
Next

Return to PSP Tutorials