<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:01 am

Dethklok's Offical Guide To Getting Started With Your PSP

Hello, If Your Reading This Then You Probly Have Just Opened Your PSP, Joined The Website Or Just Checking This Out. Either Way Thanks For Joining Me.

In this Guide I Will Explain The Basics of The PSP, How To Change The PSP To Your Settings And Other Cool Tricks.

First Of All Lets Find Out What Kind Of PSP You Have. There Are 4 Main Types Of PSP's

PSP Fats
PSP Slims
PSP 3000
And PSP Go! (Not Released Yet So Dont Say You Have one)

To Find Out What You Have There Is A Pin Number On The Botton Of Your PSP That Will Tell You. Or you Can Look At These.
This is A PSP 1000 http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/decalskin/PSP1000-1.jpg
This Is A PSP 2000 http://www.trendygadget.com/wp-content/ ... silver.jpg (Notice The Speakers Are Above The Buttons.)
This Is A 3000 (There Isnt Much Difference From A PSP 2000 Exept A Slimer Ring) http://210.210.24.180/chipindia/images/ ... 203000.jpg

And The PSP Go. http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/upl ... 80x362.jpg

**NOTE: Please Note That The PSP 3000 And PSP Go Are Currently Unmoddable. So Id Go With A Slim or Fat

So Once You Open Your PSP Box, There Will Be A Numble Of Cables, Guides And Disks (Oh My!) Just Get The PSP And Turn it On. When You Turn It On Your Going To Want To Set the PSP Up. The Menu Will Ask You To Set Up The Date, Your Name And Some other Stuff. Once You Are Finished That You Should Be In The Home Menu. From here You Can Select What You Want To Do, (Music, Movies, Games, Pictures, Settings And Internet.) If You Have A Wireless Internet Connection You Can Set It Up Now.

To Set Up Your Internet Sony Has Tried To Make This As Easy As Ever, But If Your Wireless Internet Connection Has A WEP Code. This Can Be Harder Than Ever. If You Dont Know Your WEP Key Look For It In A Box Around Your House. You Can Also Look In The Settings Of Your Routers Program it Uses To Operate. If All Else Fails Call Up Your Internet Provider. To Set Up Internet Go To The Settings Menu And Go All The Way To The Bottom, Then Select It. Then your Going To Want To Select Infractsure And A Menu Will Come Up. You WIll Have Nothing To Choose From Exept "New Conntection" After Doing So Your Going To Want To Select "Scan" From The Menu. After it Scans A List Of Options Should Come Up. If Your Closest As Can Be To Your Wireless Router, Then It Should Say The Connection Is At 100%, Select This One. If You Do have A Wireless internet Connection And It Does Have A WEP Key Find Out What It Is And Put It In, Dont Waste Your Time And Try To Bypass It. Its Impossible Unless You Have Custom Firmware (Which We Will Be Talking About Later In The Guide) Then You May Download A Program that Can Bypass This, Although I havent Seen Or Heard of Any. After You have All Of this Set Up, Just Keep Pressing the Right Arrow Button And Get This Done, Test The Connection And Your Done. If your Having Issues Please Dont Hesitate To Post it In the "PSP Help" Section of Your Forms, One Of Your Members WillBe Happy To Help You Out.

Now That You Have Internet Set Up You May Think Its A Good Idea To Upgrade To The latest Firmware. Right? Wrong. If You Would Like To have A Future In Homebrew And Hacking Its best To Have The Lowest Possible Firmware. That Way You Can Mod It With Ease. In This Guide I Will Not Be Teaching You How To Mod Your PSP. But There Is A Guide On Here By The Admin DarkPacMan. Even Tho There Are Many Ways To Do This, Some of The Guides On Here Are The Best Ive Ever Read.

To Put Files On Your New PSP, Your PSP Should Come With A USB Cord To Plug into The Computer, It Doesnt Take A Einstien To Plug It In. But Before You Do So Make Sure You Have Your Memory Stick Plugged In. To Plug Your Memory Stick In On The Side Of Your PSP There Is A Small Door that You Can Open, Make Sure it Is Facing The Right Way And Slide It in. Once You Plug It In Your Computer Will Want To Register It, There Is No Point To This Just Go ToYour Computer And Select The PSP It Should Be Named "Removeable Drive X" (X Meaning What Ever It Says At The End. Mine Says G) If You Want To Put In Music, Drag And Drop The Music File To The MUSIC Folder, Same For Pictures, Dran And Drop Into The PICTURES Folder

Ok Thats Pretty Much It For "Dethklok's Offical Guide To getting Started With Your PSP." If You Have Any Questions Please Dont Hesitate To Ask.

Thank You, And Have A Good Day :D
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:15 pm

i got a q.

WTF. no one replied yet?
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 am

no one replied to mine as well.... :(

yeah nice tutorial for beginners...
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:36 am

You don't need replies. You've got nearly 500 page views. That means people are using this tutorial. Thanks for making this site better! :D

Return to PSP Tutorials