<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:37 am

[RELEASE] Mylo Hack Portal - .5 Pre-Release Build

Okay, this is the .5 Pre-Release build for the Mylo COM-1.
Don't expect much.
Download - Here
Use at your own risk.
To get this running, unpack and place the Hacker/ folder onto your Mylo's root.
Go to file://localhost/znand/Hacker/Index.html to access the page.
Click 'Okay' on the screen, and type in your Username. (The default is 'Usr' if you don't want one.) Click 'Okay' again.
You'll see a set of Icons.
The first is supposed to add the page to your Bookmarks but it currently does not work. You should make this page a bookmark now.
The second lets you navigate to another page. This isn't in service at the moment. You can click the New Window link to open a new window for browsing and the Opera's Display Capabilities to see what kind of tags the Mylo can display and which it can't. It's silly how they don't have bolded text or italic text on the Mylo's browser..
The next three icons aren't in service what-so-ever.
The Cog icon is the next icon. Clicking on this will open the Cog Menu. (Notice the coloring. That is a warning that you are no longer playing around with your Mylo when ) You'll see a list of numbers between 1 and 9 and Code, opera:about, :cache, and :history. The numbers take you to pages with overflows and/or denial of service hacks. You can look at the individual pages on your PC to see the codes for them. These are the main features and once a hack operates properly through the web browser, I'll finish this portal up to be easy to go step by step to unlock your Mylo.
The Code link takes you to a page where you can type in any HTML, JS, and web codes for the Mylo to display. This is good for testing the browser's capabilities.
opera:about, :cache, and :history are opera: directories. Check them out.
The i Icon has a pop-up to tell you the same annoying thing that pops up everytime you visit the page.
The last icon (The arrow down icon) opens the Rooster box. You are supposed to be able to change up some settings under this. Some of the switches haven't been added and the only one that's there is the background changer. It works fine on Windows but the Mylo's browser doesn't change the color like it's supposed to so it's useless, too.

Oh-
I forgot to mention...
The things at the bottom are supposed to show you your IP address if you're online.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Looks very nice Crait!

p.s. Howd that pokemon game you were making come along? I was REALLY looking forward to trying that out to bring back old memories :)
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 am

Well, I have this huge book of ideas and stats and maps that I've made that I've yet to put in. I've got the story line and everything but I just don't have the time. I'm going to start completely from scratch with a blank ROM because I kept ending up having to delete a lot of stuff that was in the way and I wasted a lot of time.
That is the next thing to do behind hacking the Mylo. We're very, very close. :D
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 am

close enough to add BKF as the best trainer you have to face :p jk.

But yes im looking forward to both.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

New World

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Mylo Hack Portal - .5 Pre-Release Build

Are you still working on this ?:P
so what kind of exploit is this .

im working on a project for the MYLO COM 2called Project G.O.L.E.M
Im working on porting Android into MYLO COM-2 Devices.I believe mylo has the capabilities of android since it built into qtopia linux but its closed source.It has 128 mb of ram/bluetooth but its removed,etc
MYLO can a version on android specially for it which i believe is Android v1.0.3 .but i believe it will work as dual boot when i port openiboot for it.im analyzing the hardware as of right now.But when its ported it can run psgroove which will jailbreak the ps3 and other important features of android such as rooting.
As of right now im analyzing the hardware and drivers to port for openiboot.
Im using the openiboot porting guide,qtopia linux dev tools,etc.
summarizing everything android can be absolutely be put on the mylo 2 if someone is wants to even if something is discontinued.
Also the memory card slot might be used as a sd card slot with a few modifications.
if openiboot is ported it will be easier to put android.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 pm

I would definitely think that the Mylo COM-2 is capable of running Android, as long as you modify the kernal.
How are you going to do this and can you explain GOLEM a little bit more?
This year, I've been learning assembly, and that's what I need to do code injection. This program itself does not do that, but includes sources of various building blocks to achieve running our own code. It includes .JPG files that show the opera JPG exploit in action. Nothing can be run with that, but there is also another method that I personally found out about force feeding .BIN files to the Mylo. (Using the firmware update menu item.)
It would be a lot harder to compile our own code to put into the .BIN file because I do not know what it contains (scripts and files or just files.)

Dual booting the MYLO seems perfectly logical, but I don't know how much room there is in the flash. Perhaps using a bootloader to hold an option for the installed firmware or a different system from memory stick.

How did you guys get the system files for the COM-2 or did you just look at the source files provided by Sony?

For a MS <-> SD converter, you can disassemble one of these http://assets.beebuyer.com/product_imag ... b1_big.jpg . Two SD cards can securely fit into it. It may help to look at Sony's Android kernals. I think their Android phones load memory sticks that the Mylo COM-2 uses. You could possibly use their drivers for the Mylo chipset.
<<

New World

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Im going to change the name to Project MyDroid since golem doesnt make any sense and MyDroid is the combination of Mylo and Droid.
If someone could port Iphone OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 to Mylo someone could name it MyOS .It could run Iphone OS 3.1.3 looking at the hardware as of right now.It has almost everything to run Iphone OS or Android.
No-one never did a teardown of the mylo so im going to make the first and only one.Im going to explain every hardware inspect of the mylo explaining what drivers it need ,what hardware it has,etc.
Second is finalyzing and porting drivers for it for it to run Android.
Third if someone cracks the system open so it could be open sourced or it could be jailbroken or I'll look into it a little bit to see i could exploit it in every way possible .Im in the early stages of running unsigned code on it so it could run openiboot.also Sony might release a update to make the system open source.(MIGHT).Sony is not going to make a COM-3 Never ever.they relalized their mistakes.So if Sony releases the Update someone has to officially crack the software open ,it could be modified to run Android but as of Right now im just porting all the drivers for Android,figuring out how to run unsigned code on it for openiboot(Using the source files provided by sony of course )
But now im only doing the teardown and currently posting pictures a tutorial too etc.
It can also run psgroove cuz it has a usb controller and qtopia linux on it i can run unsigned code on it if it easily had terminal and if it was little bit open sourced. and it can be easily psgroove be ported to it.

UPDATE :I have succesfully figured out how to reboot the device using WDT .I have two mylos by the way one is for the teardown one for development purposes xD
Also i will have a github soon posting the tutorial of the teardown and lots of info about the hardware coming soon.

Btw why is myloforums down.?When it will be back?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Well, New World, people are trying to port over iPhone API's and other files, but have not been as successful as porting Froyo over to the iPhone.
I know that there was a COM-1 teardown on a random Chinese website, but I don't recall a COM-2 disassembly, so you may be the first. :P

May I please ask how you got the COM-2 to run unsigned code?! :D Does it use .so formatted programs?! Do you have a Hello World uploaded anywhere?!
Please reply! :D

EDIT: Can you explain your WDT method, please?! :D
And MyloForums is probably dead. :[
:'(

:'( I wish Sharry would get on MSN, I want to talk to him.
<<

New World

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:24 pm

A Mylo COM-2 has XMB Exploit its in early stages though of running unsigned code through the XMB.I almost got it figured out by the hardware,hex editors ,de-encrypting the firmware files its kind of similar to geohot ps3 exploit when he first hacked the ps3.Im will post the dumps and commit soon .I may create a github
May i ask where the Mylo 1 com dissammbly is i will get the idea comparing both of systems to see if it has similar hardware.
It will be also be ressonable to run iphone os because this version might run but i dont know how to succesfully port Iphone OS since noone decrencypted the APIs

when i post a tutorial of the dissammembly i will explain wdt method.It will be completed in a day or so.
u got msn?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 pm

I really can't find it, anymore. There was a link on Mylo Forums, but it's not up! :'(
[email protected]
Good thing I grabbed my Mylo last time I went home. ^.^
I really want to get my Oprah exploit working. :D
<<

New World

Post Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Found it :P
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... F122075%2F
UPDATE
Both of the Mylo's run qtopia linux but one is only capable of running android which is COM-2 because it has faster proccessor,higher ram ,better flash memory.

Compare and Contrast so far.
SCREEN-LCD 3.5" WVGA Touchscreen (800x480 pixels)(Porting LCD DRIVER takes lots of work but i got it to compile -.-)
Mylo COM 2 :HAS 0 GHz Intel Celeron=532 Mhz ARM 11 Intel Celeron (Trying to port the processor driver so far no luck getting it to compile/run succesfully)
Number of Processors: 1]
CPU type-ARM 11 ]
CPU speed -532 Mhz ]
RAM-128 MB (Figured out by looking at the hardware Android needs atleast 128 mb of ram to run correctly or wont run at all thats why Mylo com-1 cant run it)But Ubunto MID Can run on MYLO COM 1 though.Mylo COM-2 Can run Android Successfully with modified kernel
RAM Type: SDRAM
Memory-1GB Flash Memory
HARD DRIVE:
Size: 1GB
Type: EIDE
Keyboard -Thumb-operated slide out QWERTY Keyboard(Qwerty keyboard will work with a specific version of Android which is android 2.1 or 2.2)
Memory expansion-Memory Stick Duo/PRO Duo™ Expansion Slot (up to 16GB Memory Stick
Duo/PRO Duo™ supported
Battery-Removable Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery 3.7V 1200mAh
Camera-1.3 Megapixel built-in (with macro mode)
Speakers-Built-In
Microphone-Built-In
Data connector-Hi-Speed USB (mini-B)

SOFTWARE
OS Linux (Trolltech's Qtopia platform)NOTE(This version was based on PSP technology MODIFIED VERSION OF QTOPIA)
Web Browsing Enhanced Web Browsing combined with Adobe® Flash® Lite 3 support
Instant Messaging Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk™ , Skype® or AOL® Instant Messenger™
Internet Calling (VOIP) Skype to Skype, Skype In, Skype Out
Web mail clients AOL mail, GmailTM, Yahoo!®Mail
WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
SONY Software myloTM Utility, SonicStage®
Video Format MPEG4 SP/ASP, AVC Baseline (up to QVGA 30fps, 384/768 kbps)
Photo Format JPEG (DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21 compliant), PNG, BMP
Audio Format MP3, WMA, AAC, ATRAC®
Security software WEP (128bit/64bit, Open System/Shared Key), WPA-PSK (TKIP, AES)

NOTE-MYLO SYSTEM IS CLOSED NOT EXACTLY OPEN BUT I'm trying to create a terminal that would allow us to install Open-Source batch files. ... using QTOPIA DEV TOOLS/SDK AND MYLO SOURCE CODE.IM NOT SUCCESSFUL JUST NOT YET THOUGH .Also Sony Mylo-2 also has bluetooth but got removed so im trying to bring it back using Android.

mylo COM-1 has a built in ambient light sensor
LCD 2.4" QVGA (320x240 pixels)
Processor ARM 9 Freescale i.MX21
Keyboard Thumb-operated slide out QWERTY
Memory 1GB Flash Memory
Memory expansion Memory Stick Pro Duo Expansion Slot
RAM-64 MB Ram Only (Not enough to run Android)
Battery COMA-BP1 Removable Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery Pack 3.7V 1200mAh
Camera None
Speakers Built-In
Microphone Built-In
Output connector headset: 10 pin flat jack (16 Omega)
Data connector Hi-Speed USB (mini-B)
SOFTWARE:
QTOPIA LINUX
OPERA,ETC

I might write a custom bootloader specially for MYLO-COM 2 but its will take time but right now im only trying to port and compiling drivers nessssary for android

And im analyzing the GPU and almost finished with the teardown of the MYLO COM-2.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:01 am

Can you please give me more information about the WDT method and do you think it will work with the COM-1?? Is it hardware based? Software based? Is there a keyboard combination that you hold?
What kind of unsigned code did you have launch? Where do you launch it from? What format is it in? What firmware was the lack of securitty in?
I think there may be a way to make a Pandora-like battery for the Mylo. I'm certain that there's a chip in there like like PSP's battery, but I don't want to destroy my own battery.
<<

New World

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 am

crait wrote:Can you please give me more information about the WDT method and do you think it will work with the COM-1?? Is it hardware based? Software based? Is there a keyboard combination that you hold?
What kind of unsigned code did you have launch? Where do you launch it from? What format is it in? What firmware was the lack of securitty in?
I think there may be a way to make a Pandora-like battery for the Mylo. I'm certain that there's a chip in there like like PSP's battery, but I don't want to destroy my own battery.

The WDT Is used to reboot the device using the Watchdog timer.I send a signal to reboot the device using cmd_reboot .I got it to work by writing the value to the register,after that reversed cmd_reboot (Back tracking)verified it using command cmd_reboot
i got it to reboot using the software reset button too(already installed) and with Myboot(Mylo Booting sequence initiator)
the watchdog timer is tied directly to the processor's reset signal
The WDT Method is both software based and hardware based luckily i might be able to reverse what i did in mylo 2 to work with mylo one since both use the same software :P
Btw does mylo 1 have a reset button if it does i can reverse it(Might)

The XMB Exploit i have in launch is in early stage of running unsigned code
developed and compiled in c++
Qt/Embedded executable file(Batch file)
this might be working in all firmware but mainly works on 1.000.
Running unsigned code through the XMB.(Early development stage )
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Unfortunately, the Mylo COM-1 does not, but it does have a power switch to completely power down the console. I think it's somewhat different than the COM-2 power switch, so will that work?
Will you please post your methods and your source code/compiled executable? What parameters are necessary for COM-2-specific executables??
I've very intrigued by your posts!! :D :P
I really want my Oprah exploit working!
<<

New World

Post Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

crait wrote:Unfortunately, the Mylo COM-1 does not, but it does have a power switch to completely power down the console. I think it's somewhat different than the COM-2 power switch, so will that work?
Will you please post your methods and your source code/compiled executable? What parameters are necessary for COM-2-specific executables??
I've very intrigued by your posts!! :D :P
I really want my Oprah exploit working!

Might work
It might work they have different hardware,but both use the same software
Where could i get the source codes for Mylo com-1 ,to compile and make a specific executable for that device?
Im specially trying to create a terminal that might grant me to inject open sourced batch files into the filesystem thus creating a jailbroken mylo but the exploit i have is very much in early stages.Made entirely c++ acknowledged by MYLO COM-2 Source codes /and run through qtopia
Its compiled into a executable so once its in file manager i will be able to execute unsigned code onto it through the xmb(but in early development stages)
But giveing you the executable can you reverse engineer it into a executable for the Mylo COM-1?
The parameters are compiled in rpm but installing packages and third party qtopia apps requires tons of work other than running unsigned code on your mylo com-1
tutorial is coming soon to run unsigned code on mylo com-2 (early stages though you cant install packages not just yet)
if you can give me the source code for mylo com-1 i might be able to port it on mylo com-1.
since mylo com-1 kernel version is 2.4.21 though i just might port the executable to your mylo com-1 device.
Next

Return to Developers & Programming