<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 am

Re: E3 2011

We understand why they wanted it to be different, but there are more important questions that are left unanswered. Those are what we are asking:
1.) Is the price of this 'different' kind of console going to be more expensive than what it should be for what it offers?
2.) Is this really the kind of 'different' that will making playing games better? Or will it just get in the way?
3.) Is this kind of 'different' even new? How have companies done in the past using the same technology?
4.) Can they make this work?
Simple questions like that. Based on Nintendo's job with the Wii, I think this is just a way to suck out more money from people. It doesn't offer anything new in terms of gaming that hasn't been done before. I didn't see any examples on how it would improve gaming... Just getting in the way. (Look at the zapper, for example.) I really don't want to play an FPS with a controller the size of an iPad.
I think Nintendo has done a good job in wrapping up existing technology and saying that they thought of it. On top of that, the consumer is the one that has to suffer from this gloating. I don't want a controller that is a tablet PC. I don't have the money. I don't want to buy all new things to play these games that are on a system I already have. Nothing is driving me to go out and buy the WiiU.
5.) What do they really offer?
I think nothing. Sorry.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:15 am

My question for the WiiU:
1. Can I play a game that isn't designed for a child in 1080P online against my friends?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 am

i'll note a few games that will be on wii: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VqA_PupHs)
Darksiders 2, Dirt, Aliens Colonial Marrines, Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Online, Metro last Light, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge, Assasins Creed is another.

Just a few of the "non kiddy games" now on Wii

Crait no offence i can tell from your retarded questions, you havent seen the E3 video on the WiiU, so with that your answer is obvious, go check youtube.
Being redone
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:34 am

They said they revamped the online services for more 'dedicated' players, but they never said anything about 1080p or 1080i gameplay. All we know is that the console is, "HD." But, that can mean as little as 720p ... And that's what the Wii can sometimes output with a special cable.
And yes, I saw the conference when it was on the air LIVE. I still have questions and have very little faith until those are answered.

Seriously, they didn't even show you a picture of what the WiiU looked like. Just the controller.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 pm

In a later interview with Geoff Keighley, Reggie Fils-Aime said it wil have full HD 1080p. I'm still curious about the price point. The controller alone has to be $200~ , which still leaves the actual console. I still don't know how some of you guys can say Nintendo was the best overall. Sony revealed psvita priced the same as 3ds and offers more for your money, a 3dtv that has fullscreen split screens, and a good lineup of solid games. Nintendo opened with a boring zelda speech, showed some ds games, and than the wiiu, which they did not properly explain if it was the console or the controller. I think for Sony what could have put them over the top would have been if they revealed a ff7 remake on the ps3. I guess I can hope for that next year.
ImageImage
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm

After watching them all, they all sucked. xD Sorry. I was personally more excited about the Sony one. Devil's, you're right... that 3D TV is pretty awesome and at an amazing price point, too. The PSVita is awesome and Mod Nation Racer looks very cool.
I'd rate the conferences...
2.7 - Microsoft
2.9 - Nintendo
3.6 - Sony
Microsoft made me happy with the Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary and the ability to automatically create your avatar. The things they are showing off with Kinect are cool like the 3D finger drawings. :D
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 pm

i have kinnect and the 'new' xbox it is not worth £50 let alone the £120 it first cost when it came out
Being redone
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I still kinda feel like everybody is trying to shove motion control and voice command down my throat. I just want to use my controller with buttons and joysticks. Until they make hologram projections I will not be using motion control...

Also see this. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/wii-u ... ne-wiipad/
ImageImage

For this message the author D3ViLsAdvocate has received thanks:
crait
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 pm

What... The... Heck?!?!? ONE CONTROLLER?!!?
Yeah, that'll grab the 'hardcore gamer''s attention...
I remember the EA Sports guy talking about how cool it will be to enter in football plays so your friends playing with you can't see. There's always gonna be arguments over who is going to be allowed to use the controller to select a play and who will get to show everyone their plays... Ugh...
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 am

you do know the normal wii remote can also work with this?
Being redone
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:19 am

crait wrote:What... The... Heck?!?!? ONE CONTROLLER?!!?
Yeah, that'll grab the 'hardcore gamer''s attention...
I remember the EA Sports guy talking about how cool it will be to enter in football plays so your friends playing with you can't see. There's always gonna be arguments over who is going to be allowed to use the controller to select a play and who will get to show everyone their plays... Ugh...

Madden was the only way I saw the WiiU being cool. Then they said one controller. Maybe 2.

Side note. Supposedly the way you pronounce two in Japan is like how we say "knee". So Wiiknee lol
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 am

Yes, but if you're playing a multiplayer game, there is obviously going to be one person with an advantage over someone else if they are using a controller that has a screen on it to either hide their information or give them more functions.

@BFK: HAHA!
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 12 times

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm

I am definitely looking forward to BF3 and Deus Ex. I thought MW3 looks the same >_>. And I am extremely disappointed at the new Fable. If it is what it looks like it is. A FABLE RAIL SHOOTER?!? ARE THEY ON CRACK?!? Also I thought they said Halo Reach was the last Halo game?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:49 am

I think Halo: Reach was the last Bungie Halo game.... Don't quote me, though.
<<

False_chicken

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 12 times

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 am

crait wrote:I think Halo: Reach was the last Bungie Halo game.... Don't quote me, though.

Yeah that sounds familiar. I should have guessed. If it still sells its gonna get milked. Like The Matrix.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat