Re: Your iPhone 5 expectations :

hahaha. is that an old school nokia?
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:41 am

I expect overpricing, mass apple fans saying its better than android, saying the new features are amazingly, when android has had them for a while. And its not living up to the hype.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

I expect Firefox & chrome, in that they will release a new phone quite often. I mean didn't people just buy iphone 4's a little while ago?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:48 pm

TheTyler0013 wrote:I expect overpricing, mass apple fans saying its better than android, saying the new features are amazingly, when android has had them for a while. And its not living up to the hype.

I've tested many new and upcoming Android phones working at T-Mobile, and jailbroken iOS is better than Android. I don't know what the vanilla iOS experience is like because I've never had it, but there really isn't anything an Android phone can do that my jailbroken iPhone 4 can't.

And while I hate Apple and will probably never own a Mac, I am impatiently awaiting the iPhone 5. The iPhone 4 is a great phone, and while the 5 may only bring minor improvements, my 4 is being handed down to my girlfriend anyway so it's not like i'm paying a bunch for minor upgrades...

besides, how can you say it's overpriced when the 16GB model is priced exactly the same as any new flagship Android phone?
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

brentbizzle wrote:
TheTyler0013 wrote:but there really isn't anything an Android phone can do that my jailbroken iPhone 4 can't.

let me ask that question the other way around. Let's see, what can an iphone do that a good android phone can't?
-Formerly DCM
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 pm

MoWell first off since you havent used stock android, and only themes versions its hard to say you like iphone more. With iphone if you try one you try it all.

Working at tmobile you should have access to nexus s4G witch is a great stock pure google android experience.

Unlike Apple witch your stuck with there stock OS/ROM, with Android if you don't like the stock ROM/OS you can completely load up a Custom one made my the huge android community and their developers, that fits you best

Now when you jailbreak your iPhone you can do what? Change icons, tether, use on diff carriers, add sum stuff to lockscreen??? Please tell me more.

Android is able to change: the kernel, revamp UI completely, change the OS to a custom one, font, icons place icons anywhere, use transparent icons, widgets, flash player, hdmi output, remove battery, many different music players, change keyboard, sms apps, and a whole lot more. Way more then jsilbroken iOS.

Here's an example of customization iPhone will never be able to do:

Not trying to be like ha in your face, just pointing out that apple has absolutely lost its sparkle, and is now facing US ban for using a chipset in their products, that is owned by htc, a company apple sued for patent infringement.

There is nothing that apple can do that android cant, and is far behind android. The first iPhone changed the scene for smartphones, but nothing much since then.

I am sorry but as a new starting dev for android, and community member since its release I have learned not to trust mobile reps of testing unreleseunreleased phones. Nothing twords you. :)
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Im getting an iPhone 5. I have the original Droid right now. Idk, after getting a Mac (I thought id hate it...but I love this thing) and getting a freeish iPad Im on Apples bandwagon. Not a fanboy, cause they make a LOT of mistakes...its just, idk, I like shiny things?
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 pm

I did like apple a while back, the macbook pro is the only product I would get, never would open an iowa, I have sold it. I have a Asus eee pad transformer. It is amazing never been happier.
<<

Cypherous

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 24 times

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:04 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:Im getting an iPhone 5. I have the original Droid right now. Idk, after getting a Mac (I thought id hate it...but I love this thing) and getting a freeish iPad Im on Apples bandwagon. Not a fanboy, cause they make a LOT of mistakes...its just, idk, I like shiny things?

I don't personally see a use for them, anything i do requires either directx or flash which as we all know aren't really things that under under OSX, buying a mac and installing windows seems redundant as the hardware is insanely priced compared to PC hardware
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 pm

I suspect it'll be more like a iPhone 4S. Thinner, slightly better cameras, maybe a little brighter, and a touch-sensitive home key instead of a tactile button.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 am

I think there will be a 4S and a 5

Image Image
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 pm

crait wrote:I suspect it'll be more like a iPhone 4S. Thinner, slightly better cameras, maybe a little brighter, and a touch-sensitive home key instead of a tactile button.

agreed, but i highly doubt they will do a not hardware home button. (hope they do so other OEM's can sue for that lol) Its Gonna Be pretty much iphone 4 with added OS features, minor bug fixes and few Hardware changes.

Its like COD, a new one each year.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:24 am

Well for one thing, since Apple has complete control over the hardware that goes into the phone, they can optimize the OS and drivers to take full advantage of the hardware without sacrificing battery. There have been numerous articles on this, and why the iPad's user experience is so good given the fairly weak specs it has compared to other devices. This is doubly so for the iPhone 4. They have all these fancy dual core Android devices with more RAM. In my experience they aren't any faster and don't offer a better user experience, but they certainly do offer a lot less battery life.

Removable battery? Everyone pretty much got over that after the first iPhone was released... it doesn't matter. I don't know a single person that's even considered buying a second battery for their phones that do allow you to change it. And you'll be replacing your phone in about 2 years time anyway so battery life isn't an issue either.

Themes... they have some complete revamp themes for the iPhone as well. Probably not as many, but you'd be amazed at some of the iPhone themes out there that are nothing like the stock ones. But I don't know any adults that like to put crazy themes on their devices... and this is exactly why Apple doesn't care about the feature. Adults don't do it, and it's the adults with the money.

Jailbroken iPhones have widgets too.

But here's one thing that Android doesn't have... a good App store. The Android marketplace is sh*t compared to the app store. Everyone knows it. The Appstore has better games, better apps, and more selection, and probably always will because of how fragmented Android is.

And why would you not trust me? I work for T-Mobile, test and develop on Android phones... if I were promoting Android sure I'd get it, but I'm saying the iPhone is better (yes, i know it's a joke, but it's not much of one because it doesn't make sense).
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Until Google gives GPU acceleration in Android I won't go back. My home screen wouldn't be as choppy if some of the work was given to the GPU. This probably not that big of a deal with newer phones, but whatever. And the Ice Cream blue theme is ugly. Besides, iv enjoyed my iPad (such a luxury item. I wouldn't just buy it) and my MacBook that I'm going to give Apple another try.

Sent from my iPad ;)

Image Image
Next

Return to General Chat