Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Your iPhone 5 expectations :

<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Your iPhone 5 expectations :

I am gonna be blatant and say it, iphone sucks. Its going down, apple is suing ang buying patents just so android cant use them. So tbey will gain more market share and get on top. But you just refuse to understand that.

Crait wasnt using pc to combat pgones, But just using as an example that OS matters more than you think. Cus without the OS devices DONT MATTER. Plus android ice cream sandwich is cross platform os as in google tv, tablets, phones, and soon computers.

I am sorry just fact. Unless all apple lawsuits win.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am

I refuse to understand what? Your arguments are based on opinion and misinterpreted facts. Your latest argument is that Apple is buying up patents in fear of Google. One can only speculate on motive, but I think them shivering at the knees over Google is probably least likely. And I don't understand why you single out Apple in this subject considering Google just bought Motorola in a deal that seems totally driven by patent acquisition.

You may be referencing the team purchase of patents by Microsoft, Apple, EMC and Oracle... in that case they're picking up at most 882 patents, and in this case, just keeps them out of the hands of patent trolls. Google's picking up a ballpark 17,000 patents, of which only 18 are useful for Android. So essentially they just paid out $12.5 BILLION for 18 patents.

So who seems desperate for patent acquisition?

And I'm not saying the OS doesn't matter... It very much matters because there's a reason webOS is now non-existent. I'm saying that OS marketshare for mobile devices doesn't matter because it's a flawed figure. It doesn't say anything when comparing comparable OSs like Android and iOS. Android gives out their OS to anyone whereas Apple doesn't. And the OEMs can put out as many Android devices as they want. And I've said this several times, Android will probably continue to have a bigger OS marketshare because of this. But there hasn't been 1 Android device to outsell an iPhone. So why does Apple need to fear Android so much when they're merely just playing a numbers game? Of course you're going to have more Android phones out there if you just flood the market with them... but it's sad that with all the Android devices out there, device wise, iPhone remains king.

You just can't stay objective enough to get the point.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 pm

So far Brents winning

Sent from my iPad or Droid ;)

Btw Brent...saw the N94 today they speculate as the iPhone 4 for Tmobile or the new iPhone 5 (I hope not...I want a bigger screen and new home button). And ideas?
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Love that one... I just like a good debate, and as long as people back up their sh!t with some facts I'm cool with that.

As far as the iPhone for T-Mobile, our department wouldn't know even if it is true unfortunately. Since Apple keeps everything under lock and key, it would be more likely they would bring some T-Mobile engineers over to Apple and go that route. Besides, Apple doesn't pre-load carrier specific apps like all the other manufacturers do, so there's even less reason for T-Mobile employees to be involved.

I would be surprised if they were developing a THIRD version of the new iPhone to support T-Mobile's 1700 band. And from what I hear from some of the RF engineers, you get quite a bit of interference with chips that use multiple bands. So if they had a chip that could operate at 1900 AND 1700, it might affect radio performance. I guess time will tell on this one.

Personally, it doesn't matter for me. My goal is to eventually unlock the thing to use it in Australia, and I can only do that if it uses 1900 Mhz and not 1700 like T-Mobile. Even if the chipset supported both, I'll be able to pick up the new iPhone at the new contract price from AT&T when it's released.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Its all over you can Google it. Apple Microsoft and RIM are buying up patents and in return are suing Android Manufactures for using said patents. Apple has Sued Samsung to the Point where they have banned them in the UK. Thats a Stupid and horrible thing to do for any company. Competition is good for the market and the user, it bring more and more innovation. Yet Apple doesn't want a lick of competition they cant control. Apple is a company known for controlling the user experience. Those company aren't buying them to keep them safe, thats an idiotic thing to think. if they were all they would do is demand Compensation for Android Sales not try to Completely Annihilate Android. That Is NOT my opinion or misinterpretation.

What Kind of company patents things like Icon Grid, Touch Screen, Pinch Zoom, Thumbnail Gallery and swiping to see next picture etc... thats like for patenting the F'ing wheel. Of course Google Bought Moto, yes for patents also. Duh they need sum before Micro, Apple and RIM buy them all.

I am Not Biased at all the iPhone is a great device, looks gorgeous and love the way it feels. If it wasnt for iPhone where would the smartphone market be? not really anywhere. So for that I am greatful to apple. But whats on top must come down. Same thing Happened in the PC business, Apple was on top with the mac then PC dropped them down. Same thing is going to happen to the Smartphone area. They will not always Rule. Apple is Great at Innovation but lately they have done nothing with the iPhone. what has changed in the time of iPhone? New design and Sum OS changes... wow. They are to focused on sueing so they can gain more market share in OS since Device market share isnt enough for apple. They are a bully company. I am sorry but the iPhone Vanilla or Jail-broken will never be able to do what my android phone can do. IMHO Android far succeeds iOS, since iOS is catching up. here is a link proving you point of biggest device market share from an ANDROID site. http://phandroid.com/2011/08/04/android-may-rule-os-marketshare-but-apple-still-the-worlds-largest-smartphone-manufacturer/

I just dont care for Apple, i am still interested in iPhone, just wont own one. I love how the group messaging works more than androids.

I love a good debate to, when was that last time a debate like this was on the brew =D

Brent I have nothing against you and don't want harsh feelings between us. this is apparently a subject where we are on both sides and feel strongly about. I havent provided links because I dont have a computer, my tBolt is my computer lol. and i dont want to search all over lol.

one of the new lawsuites lol its just stupid if they dont go after apple thisproves my point in these companies going after android with silly patents.

http://phandroid.com/2011/08/25/microsoft-applies-for-patents-on-multi-touchmulti-screen-gestures-should-android-worry/

Truly pathetic ...If Android violates so manymuch patents, why has itimported taken this long for action.

Its nice to see that Android is so much of a threat that MS and Apple need to attack it with petty crap like this.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 pm

The iPhone 5 rumors are swirling some more...

Getting happy about the possibility of a bigger screen

Image Image
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 am

BKFraiders7 wrote:The iPhone 5 rumors are swirling some more...

Getting happy about the possibility of a bigger screen

so in other words, there making the iPhone even more similar to an iPad?
-Formerly DCM
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:51 am

lol... if anything, they want the iPad to be more similar to the iPhone :)

The iPhone has always been the premium portable device. That's why it's had better cameras and better internals than the iPod or the iPad. It will definitely be interesting to see what the new one's got once it's finally announced this month.

Needs-ta get mah pre-order on!
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

I want

A back like the iPad
A bigger screen. (pull some magic and give me a 4' retina that won't piss off devs)
Dual core
1GB RAM

Here's my $199 :)

Image Image
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 am

So yeah, can you post these rumors?

and is there even a single pic of this damn thing yet?
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:06 pm

TheTyler0013 wrote:So yeah, can you post these rumors?

Of course there are. Type in "iPhone 4" on google images, and well, it's gonna be the exact same thing except it might just have a little bit faster processing, and then you'll see apple fanboys on the streets pre-ordering it like crazy, and then claiming it's so much better than the iPhone 4... I mean that's what always happens...
-Formerly DCM
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:17 am

Ice-Cube wrote:
TheTyler0013 wrote:So yeah, can you post these rumors?

Of course there are. Type in "iPhone 4" on google images, and well, it's gonna be the exact same thing except it might just have a little bit faster processing, and then you'll see apple fanboys on the streets pre-ordering it like crazy, and then claiming it's so much better than the iPhone 4... I mean that's what always happens...

LOL.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:25 pm

just thought i would post this lol

Previous

Return to General Chat