des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue May 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Credit Cards

I got approved for one today....

lol can afford to use it yet tho...havent had a job since i broke my wrist but still its neat

it will b here in 7-10 days imma use it to build credit (buy small cheap things with it)
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue May 22, 2007 5:05 pm

asddasit wrote:Ya,needed to know that. No not really. Plus i bet after a while it will only hurt your creit.

umm why do u post...just to be an donkey?

chat section was dead so i posted sumthing...people on here need to grow up...

and no it helps credit if ur not an idiot with it....idk bout u but im not
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue May 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Honestly...be very cautious with those things. I used to think the same way as you use it only to purchase small things and build my credit that way. Somewhere along the line i ended up maxing out both my cards and im still paying them off slowly. My credits good by now for sure but its a drag having those bills come in every month. Hate those damn cards now lolol its too bad they're a necessity in life tho these days.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue May 22, 2007 10:05 pm

Since I used my debit card for everything before, I just use my credit card the same way. Then I just pay off the card entirely every month. It's easy, and by having a credit card and not having late payments I'm building credit. Just don't open another line of credit. Opening multiple lines of credit does hurt you. I didn't even get my card until I was 21.
<<

Ultimobeer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 23, 2007 9:13 am

If he uses it responsibley and pays it off asap then his credit will improve.. I don't see that happenin tho.

"I didn't want dust getting in my ps3, so i covered all the holes...", Ahahaahahahahahah.
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 am

Ultimobeer wrote:If he uses it responsibley and pays it off asap then his credit will improve.. I don't see that happenin tho.

i do it will be use only if i have the money be4 hand to spend and on no purchase iver 50 bucks...ublesas its an online buy...but i have only ever bought one thing off the internet EVER and that wad off newegg
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:00 pm

^ let that second thought go asddasit.

Anyways, credit cards are needed today in society. I'm getting my account finalized for my Credit Union and paperwork finished for my job. As soon as I can establish that I have an income, I will get a credit card - and use it more-or-less similar to a "debit card". That is, using it for small, menial things in order to build credit.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Ultimobeer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:08 pm

I think i'm just gonna get a credit card so i can buy a bunch of cheap sh*t and pay it off asap and get hella good credit.

"I didn't want dust getting in my ps3, so i covered all the holes...", Ahahaahahahahahah.
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Most people arnt smart with them and tend to spend more than they can afford.

I think i am smart enuff not to do that. I will have low limit only like 3-500 on it anyways and make sure not to spewnd anything that i dont have the current cash for. It is important to build credit and a credit card is a very good way to do it. I will most likely use it on cheap things like candy bars or sumthing lame like that becuz it counts all the same.

also i once went to a bank to open a checking account and was told that i had an outstanding bill and had bad credit (i have never used my credit) but no1 could tell me why or wut. so me getting accepted for a credit card might be good meaning tht my credit is fine becuz i dont think a lot of credit card companies would hand them over to ppl that have outstanding fees already
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed May 23, 2007 7:43 pm

I think I'm going to slowly buy my computer on credit with a max limit of 500 - starting with the least important stuff like case/ hard drive/ optical - and moving on to processor/ motherboard/ ram. That's the only very immediate goal I have though.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 23, 2007 8:04 pm

DarkPacMan77 wrote:I think I'm going to slowly buy my computer on credit with a max limit of 500 - starting with the least important stuff like case/ hard drive/ optical - and moving on to processor/ motherboard/ ram. That's the only very immediate goal I have though.

-DarkPacMan77-

u can apply now...go to capitolone.com it ask no info like 'do you have a job' and such

or sum other company im sure
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed May 23, 2007 8:17 pm

I can get a credit card by crossing my arms, twiddling my nose, closing my eyes and nodding my head. It's all-too-easy. Right now, I don't feel like worrying about unused credit fees.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed May 23, 2007 8:24 pm

just give your card to your grand mother or something, shes guaranteed not to spend over limit and knows credit better then you probably.

Return to General Chat