Burning Questions

<<

Keeley

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Burning Questions

I Have a couple questions, i have a scrubbed ISO do i need to run it through Wii Scrubber again before downloading or just burn it ?
And i know this is a stupid question but it doesn't hurt to ask so....Do i need to extract the ISO before donwloading it or just burn?

oh yeah and on the GBAtemp Compatibility List what does 1:1 mean?
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 am

i have a scrubbed ISO

Why are you even bothering with scrubbed games? You can't fit more than one Wii game on a single disc, so it's pointless.
do i need to run it through Wii Scrubber again before downloading or just burn it ?

Technically you can't do anything to a file BEFORE it is downloaded... I'll assume you meant burn, and say... see above
Do i need to extract the ISO before donwloading it or just burn?

Again, assuming you mean burn, then of course you need to extract it. You're not creating a DATA disc, you are creating a copy of the original data. Thats why we have ISO's. They're a complete image of the data that needs to be on the disc.
on the GBAtemp Compatibility List what does 1:1 mean?

I don't know, but it probably means worked once out of one try.

I wouldn't recommend using scrubbed ISOs. They are Trucha (sp?) signed games, and Nintendo has already been able to disable that capability. Assuming down the road you need to update there's a chance that any game you have burned that has been Trucha signed, such as any scrubbed games, will become shiny coasters.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials