<<

Monkeyman5710

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Buying wii mod chip

Ok so currently I'm planning on buying Solderless D2pro 5/9 wire Modchip with SPI ( All versions including D2C2 ) & Screwdrivers from TechSick does anyone know if a solderless chip would work on my wii.... i didnt open it up to check the type of chip but when i put it into the wii drive chip Datebase website it said i have a 75% of being a GC2-D2B (no cut pins or missing pad) and a 25% of being a GC2-DMS. the version of the solderless chip im buying works with DMS,D2A,and D2B. can someone please help?
OH MY GOD.......i just jizzed in my pants
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:07 pm

I would go with a cheaper chip like Wiikey. DMS was the first Wii model out, and DMS, D2A, and D2B only require 5 points to be connected. That's why modchips made for only those models are so much cheaper than the new ones that have been released to be compatible with the latest Wii versions.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Monkeyman5710

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:26 pm

yea but i dont want to solder anything to my wii and im not exactly sure which i have...plus i dont have tools to open up the wii yet. i personally dont care how much the chip is cause my parents are buying it for me :D but do you know if it would be safer to use a solderless wii chip?
OH MY GOD.......i just jizzed in my pants
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Well, if you're a total spaz than a solderless chip might be safer installation wise, but they are never better than their solder needing counterparts. A solderless chip has the chance to come loose and cause it to stop working, forcing you to open the Wii back up and fix it.

My opinion is if you are going to do it, do it right. D2B and DMS have the same 5 points you can solder to, and it can be done very easily. I taught myself to solder before I opened up my D2A Wii (same installation as what you are going to have) and being VERY new to soldering (bought my cheap iorn the day before) successfully moded my Wii. If you check the tutorials section you can find more details and info about the installation.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials