Wii downgrade

<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:32 am

Wii downgrade

I just bought a Wii will I have to do the downgrade?
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 am

what firmware?
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 am

airplanes18 wrote:what firmware?

Iam not sure what firmware is.Can you tell me where I can find this info.Please.Thanks
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

well, if i remember off the top of my head (and im no wii expert, thats Alex Finlay) should be in the wii options and settings menu. the one where you go to change its options (duh, but to make it clear)

if it says in the upper right hand corner (depending on where you live and/or bought it) 3.XU (u is united states i believe) and x is 0,1,2,3, or 4 and if it is, you can go to the wii pack gen her on the site and creat a pack that helps you easily hack it.
<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:26 am

airplanes18 wrote:well, if i remember off the top of my head (and im no wii expert, thats Alex Finlay) should be in the wii options and settings menu. the one where you go to change its options (duh, but to make it clear)

if it says in the upper right hand corner (depending on where you live and/or bought it) 3.XU (u is united states i believe) and x is 0,1,2,3, or 4 and if it is, you can go to the wii pack gen her on the site and creat a pack that helps you easily hack it.

My wii says it is a 4.2U is that a problem or can I still download the hack and channel?
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:00 am

Ooooooh I think u can still use banner bomb to do it but from ther I have no idea. No experience with it. Lemme get alex to help you from here. Sorry about that.
<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:45 am

Help

airplanes18 wrote:well, if i remember off the top of my head (and im no wii expert, thats Alex Finlay) should be in the wii options and settings menu. the one where you go to change its options (duh, but to make it clear)

Hey I was wondering if Alex was able to help me?I really want to check out the brew channel and all of its emulators.But,I want to make sure it is totally safe for my wii.Thanks Airplane18.I appreciate your responses.
<<

Digital

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:25 pm

use the instructions in this link

http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

that should get you from top to bottom done.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 am

Re: Help

Drock wrote:

Hey I was wondering if Alex was able to help me?I really want to check out the brew channel and all of its emulators.But,I want to make sure it is totally safe for my wii.Thanks Airplane18.I appreciate your responses.

i asked him about the issue, and he gave me a link to the banner bomb site. lazy donkey :wink:

and digital, he asked how to hack, not load isos. cant load isos if it aint hacked....... read before posting?

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ as lame and wierd as this site looks, its the official. tell me how it goes?
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:59 pm

lol @ Airplanes.
Anyways, do not downgrade if your wii is 4.2u (BOUGHT) by that i mean its been bought at 4.2
on the new wiis 50% of them have new hardware and if you downgrade to ~3.4 you brick. more monayz to nintendo.
you wont be able to get bootmii but u can With a few hacks still get isoloading so dw.
Being redone
<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 am

Re: Help

airplanes18 wrote:
Drock wrote:

i asked him about the issue, and he gave me a link to the banner bomb site. lazy donkey :wink:

and digital, he asked how to hack, not load isos. cant load isos if it aint hacked....... read before posting?

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ as lame and wierd as this site looks, its the official. tell me how it goes?

Yeah sorry about the lazy part.LOL!!!!!(Or Are You Talking About Alex LOL!!!) Iam usaully very busy.Between work and my kids.But thats no excuseLOL!!!Thank you for your help.Still uncertain on how this all works though?I know computer newbie LOL!!!
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

Alex Finlay wrote:lol @ Airplanes.
Anyways, do not downgrade if your wii is 4.2u (BOUGHT) by that i mean its been bought at 4.2
on the new wiis 50% of them have new hardware and if you downgrade to ~3.4 you brick. more monayz to nintendo.
you wont be able to get bootmii but u can With a few hacks still get isoloading so dw.

what if the shop-dude updated it???

Drock wrote:
airplanes18 wrote:
Drock wrote:

Yeah sorry about the lazy part.LOL!!!!!(Or Are You Talking About Alex LOL!!!)

he was talking about alex
-Formerly DCM
<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:00 am

Da Cool Man wrote:

Drock wrote:
airplanes18 wrote:
Drock wrote:

I know he was talking about Alex have you heard of sarcasm?
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:43 am

forget the post above me, and alex u didnt answer my question :( ...
-Formerly DCM
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 am

Drock wrote:
Da Cool Man wrote:

Drock wrote:
airplanes18 wrote:
Drock wrote:

I know he was talking about Alex have you heard of sarcasm?

"lol @ Airplanes.
you wont be able to get bootmii but u can With a few hacks still get isoloading so dw."
I obviously have heard of sarcasm, random insults like this arn't going to get me to help you anymore, i use my own time, to help other people on this forum as do others, and if you lot can't google which is easily available *if you know the right names* then ask for our help just to be aragant and "Bite the hand that feeds you" you won't get much respect.

To Answer the Question: No you do not have to downgrade, downgrading form a newly bought wii below 3.4 may bright so i strongly disadvise it. It also depends on what you actualy want to do with your wii.
Being redone

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials