Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Installing bootmii issue

<<

yesrob999

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Installing bootmii issue

I have wii 3.4U IOS36 v4.18. and have the homebrew installed. I cannot play RB2 and would like to update the necessary files.

First I'm trying to install bootmii. I formatted my sandisk 2GB card to FAT32 and placed the boot.elf file on the card. I placed the card in the wii and accessed the SD menu. Nothing happends. The wii does not see my file. Do I need other files on the SD card? Pls help.
<<

yesrob999

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:07 pm

correction... I have version 3.2U
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:12 am

http://gamingexposed.com/ you can get cios 38 rev 16 it should have the nessasary files to play RB2.
if not post again and i will get some help on this.
Being redone
<<

yesrob999

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Installing Bootmii issue

I will download the Cios 38. But first I would like to install Bootmii to back up my wii. I'm still confused by the exact filles needed in the SD card to make bootmii install.

Currently my SD is blank.

So far I understand that I need the boot.elf file placed in the following directory on the SD card. SD:/Apps/Bootmii/Boot.elf
There are some other files that come with the hackmii installer V.06. Also I read on a bannerbomb alpha page that I need to downlead an aad1f file and place this on the SD card as well.

I'm assuming I need other files than boot.elf to run the hackmii installer... please help with the exact layout of the sd card...
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:41 pm

no you dont need other files just the boot.elf
then u can use the other files aswell.
Being redone
<<

yesrob999

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Installing Bootmii issue

Pls excuse the noobie in me.... This will be my last question on this topic.

so to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly. The hackmii Installer is contained in this boot.elf file. Once it installs from the SDcard then I follow the procedure and run the bootmii to back up my NAND.

Ok, so what do the other files do like wiiload.exe, and the other aad1f files for Bannerbomb? So you are saying that these are independant of the boot.elf file and used for bannerbomb and other apps. If I needed these files do I just place them in the Apps folder and install on the wii?

to confirm: once the Bootmii is complete, all I have to do is to place the cios 38 .dol file in the apps folder and install (the SD card does not need any other files to run this, correct?)
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 pm

wiiload.exe is nothing to do with your sd card im not sure what it does you dont however need it for the sd card.
Being redone
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am

Wiiload is a windows executable. If your Wii is on the same network as your PC and you have the homebrew channel open, you can use Wiiload to send a file to the Wii. I'm not certain of the limitations of this method since I've never had cause to use it. There are other, arguably easier, ways to transfer files over your network from your computer to your Wii.

To answer your other question, the aad1f files for Bannerbomb are another way to install the homebrew channel. Since you have system menu 3.2, I'm assuming you used the Twilight Hack to get things started? Since then, Nintendo has closed that hole with system menu updates. However they opened a new one, and Bannerbomb exploits that. Because you already have the HBC installed, you don't need to worry about that.

Let us know how you make out with running RB2.
<<

yesrob999

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Installing bootmii issue - Now cIOS issue

Alex... or someone... I have backed up my wii using bootmii as IOS and updated homebrew to v6, Now I need to Instal cIOS 38 r16 per Alex.
I created in SD/apps/cios 38 r 16/and the .dol file, I put this card in my wii and it does not recognize it. Then I tried putting it in the apps folder in my original SD card that has all the files when I did the twilight hack but it does not see the file....

How do i install this? What needs to be on the SD card and where can I get this.. do i need another file with this file to load it... any help would be appreciated... also what version of Neogamma should I use and where can I get this...

I just want to be able to rock out with RB2?? and play wii Resort... Help, pls:)

Fireye1, thanks for the link but I have 3.2U, my understanding is that you need 4.2U
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 am

did you rename the .dol boot.dol, did you format your sd card to fat32?
Wii Resort i can easily help you in as i personaly play a loaded version.
And ".exe" is a windows excuteable(W/e) hence why i said you dont need it + filezilla or any ftp server program is alot alot better believe me.
(check the file is boot.dol)
Backup your sd card to pc (copy everything to your pc)
check if its formatted to fat32 if not do it.
Put everything back.
And your wii won't reconize it its for the homebrew channel.
Also, is your card a 32GB? Hd(w/e) Sd card? because those have some complatibility issues, also if you can only install bootmii as ios, i would use preloader aswell, as bootmii ios is to my knowledge relitively useless and can cause more problems than it solves.
Being redone
<<

yesrob999

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:07 am

Installing bootmii issue - Now cIOS issue

1) I did not rename the file cIOS38_rev16-Installer.dol file to boot.dol Do i need to?
2) How do I install Preloader
3) what version Neogamma should I use, r7 as there is quite a few different verions?

SD card is San Disk 2GB regular card on FAT... I will format it to FAT32, I have an Identical SD card that is formatted to FAT and it works (the one that I initially installed homebrew with)
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 am

1) Yes, to run in the homebrew channel, all apps have to be in their own folder in the apps directory, and the .dol file must be called boot.dol.

2) Preloader is just another .dol file. You can download it from this site's downloads section, or do a google search to find the most recent version. Once you've downloaded it, put it in its own folder in the apps directory on your SD card. Make sure to name the .dol file boot.dol.

3) You should probably use the latest version of any loader program, since the authors tend to increase compatibility with each release. The latest version of neogamma is r8 beta 16:
http://www.mediafire.com/?laqnmkklgug

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials