Blu-Ray too small for MGS4?

<<

uselessxmartyr

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:43 am

Blu-Ray too small for MGS4?

http://www.ps3power.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1168580970&archive=&start_from=&ucat=9&

I love it. It's exactly what I've been saying to everyone who's been b**ch about Blu-ray drives making the PS3s more expensive. and saying that no one will ever be able to fill up a BR-ROM.

If I had to put the three net-gen systems in a top three order, it would have to be

1) PS3
2) Wii
3) XB360

PS3 and wii both have a lot of things in them that allow for the evolution of game systems (New control for Wii and Other OS and Blu Ray games for PS3)

Since the HD-DVD ad on for XB360 doesn't play games, games are pretty maxed out as far as how much content can be put on a disk.

Also: the reason i bought a PS3 over XB360 was MGS4, and I know a sh*t of people are going to be selling there Xbox for a PS3.

PS: Has there ever been a PS2/Xbox game on DVD that is more than one disk long? The last system I've seen to have multi-disk games was the Dreamcast.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:21 am

I don't recall seeing any PS2 disks that that had to be continued on a second disk, but many had second disks for extra features.
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

Kai_Haider

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:03 pm

Star Ocean is 2 discs (PS2)
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am

Ah, of course, but is disk 2 a continuation?
<<

FireFoxx

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:10 pm

that would be crazy if MGS4 had 2 blue ray disks for the game. I have a few gamecube games that are multi disks: resident evil 4, and tales of symphonia, but then again gamecube disks are really small lol
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:46 pm

yeah Resident evil was 2 disk and it was a great game, I am not worried at all.
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:17 pm

maybe they should use a higher capacity BR-disc for MGS4. You do know that the max memory out so far for BR is 200GB......But i bet that disc has quite some digits to it, hehe.
<<

FireFoxx

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:34 pm

yes lol who would want to pay like $150 for a game

thinking about the amount of memory of br disks, i guess sony doesnt have to worry about people downloading illegal games and playing them on the ps3 because the downloads would take forever and you would get to your monthly download limit so fast
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:44 pm

FireFoxx wrote:yes lol who would want to pay like $150 for a game

thinking about the amount of memory of br disks, i guess sony doesnt have to worry about people downloading illegal games and playing them on the ps3 because the downloads would take forever and you would get to your monthly download limit so fast

dont forget that blu-ray is heavily security protected and we dont have a blu-ray burner yet, so downloading would have no point, lol.
<<

uselessxmartyr

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Kai_Haider wrote:Star Ocean is 2 discs (PS2)

Isn't Star Ocean a PS1 game?

FireFoxx wrote:that would be crazy if MGS4 had 2 blue ray disks for the game. I have a few gamecube games that are multi disks: resident evil 4, and tales of symphonia, but then again gamecube disks are really small lol

Haha, RE4 isn't two disks on PS2 is it? or did they do a direct transfer...

I want thinking of gamecube.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:40 pm

Star Ocean has a Sequel on the PS2, I really didn't care for it though.

And, RE 4 was 1 disk on PS2.
<<

in_da_house

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:31 pm

a 20+ gig game is sh*t, it wud have gud graphix sound and so on but, the price of the game wud be gay and u wudnt be able to save many games to hdd if PS3 modding/hacking wud happen
<<

uselessxmartyr

Young Brewer

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:29 am

in_da_house wrote:a 20+ gig game is sh*t, it wud have gud graphix sound and so on but, the price of the game wud be gay

I'd much rather pay for a game that is large, looks good, sounds good, has an amazing, involving story over downloading a bunch of small, sh*t games for free.

if you don't care about all aspects of the game, go dumpster diving for that old DOS-running PC that that crazy old guy down the street just toos in the trash and install some gameboy emulators on it. The PS3 is not for you.

The only reason the PS3 is so exiting is because the amount of potential it has to make homebrew seem more legal in the public's eye, and becuse of the amount of freedom the Bluray disk give game developers make game that look and feel amazing.

Also, baring any special editions, the price of games is pretty much caped at $60. If not by Sony, by the fact that game developers know that that is the price we expect. So it's not live a 50 GB game is going to cost any more than say, a 8-9 GB (The size of most DVDs, and of the majority of games out on PS3) game.

in_da_house wrote:and u wudnt be able to save many games to hdd if PS3 modding/hacking wud happen

the PS3 is compatible with most SATA hardrives, so all you would really have to do is buy a 500+ gig hardrive and pop it in. a 500 Gig HHD can hold a decent amount of 20+gig games.

But that really isn't a big deal. A year from now, we will be streaming anything we want off our networks onto our TV screen. and running emulaters. All without voiding any warranty. and all relatively safely.

and i normally don't b**ch about bad spelling and grammar, but please, try to use less internet-gangster speak.
<<

stonecoldboy3

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:42 pm

wow :D going to be a long game
<<

george6nehme

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:29 pm

i want it to be along game with a little bit of better fighting system then final fantasy 12
Next

Return to PlayStation 3