<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Memory Card Adapter to PC?!

Okay, well I just gt back from the store and I got my hands on the PS2 Memory Card Adaptor for the PS3, it hooks into the PS3 Via USB, that got me to thinking (as many of you might have) Can I transfer my PS2/PS1 Data into my computer?

I plugged it in and I got the "Found New Hardware" message, but alas, I checked "My Computer" and there was nothing new, This has happened several times before and I was wondering is there some sort of secret trick I can pull to access anything plugged into my USB Hub?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

uselessxmartyr

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Memory Card Adapter to PC?!

Supashay91 wrote:Okay, well I just gt back from the store and I got my hands on the PS2 Memory Card Adaptor for the PS3, it hooks into the PS3 Via USB, that got me to thinking (as many of you might have) Can I transfer my PS2/PS1 Data into my computer?

I plugged it in and I got the "Found New Hardware" message, but alas, I checked "My Computer" and there was nothing new, This has happened several times before and I was wondering is there some sort of secret trick I can pull to access anything plugged into my USB Hub?

Well, they made PS2 memory card to PC devices like that way back when, you might want to search around to see if you can find the driver for such a device and see if that works.

Otherwise someone would have to program a driver from scratch.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:25 am

yeah, and who knows how long that will take :lol:
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

uselessxmartyr

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:23 pm

Supashay91 wrote:yeah, and who knows how long that will take :lol:

Haha, considering they already have a driver to use the PS3 controller on PC, it cant be -that- long. I hope.

But hey, if you really need to get the save games on the PC, you could always back them up onto a Memory Stick Pro or USB flash drive and than copy them over to your PC. On extra step, I know, but it would work! :)
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:00 am

Re: Memory Card Adapter to PC?!

Supashay91 wrote:Okay, well I just gt back from the store and I got my hands on the PS2 Memory Card Adaptor for the PS3, it hooks into the PS3 Via USB, that got me to thinking (as many of you might have) Can I transfer my PS2/PS1 Data into my computer?

I have been wondering this for a while now, to be able to get the memory off my PS1 memory card and put it on my PSP some how. But do the PS2 card adapters via USB actually work? and for PS1? if i could load my FF7 game on my PSP that would be awesome.

Return to PlayStation 3