Post Mon May 05, 2008 3:04 pm

Metal Gear Online Beta

Thanks to DA for the code I was able to play this. Although I didn't get much playtime in (I was pretty sick from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning), I was able to get about 12 matches in. The weapon aiming is sort of slow, but when you learn to switch from over the shoulder aiming and auto aiming to first person aiming it gets a lot easier. The trick is to aim as high as you can because you can shoot a gun 20 times in the crotch and not kill him but shoot him 1-2 times above the shoulder and knock him out. Maybe 5-6 hits on the chest or so. If you do that then you can kill about anyone in a stand off. I played the Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, and Sneaking levels.

Team Deathmatch:

This is fun, you usually have a team of at least 3 v 3 although I did play one 1 v 2, and you just go around killing the other team. I mainly played this in the 'Bloodbath' level. The best thing to do was to find a corner and set up a couple of magazines on the side of you and you can get a solid few kills if you play it smart. (The magazines are your best friend :D) The aiming isn't the greatest but it grows on you the more you kill. :twisted:

Deathmatch:

A free for all level where you kill any in sight, I mainly stayed in a camp area and layed magazines around or stood behind corners and used CQC.

Sneaking:

A Team Deathmatch basically except someone on your team or the other team has the priviledge of playing as Snake. They have a special Camo outfit that practically makes Snake invisible. You just kill the enemy and Snake (if he is on the enemy team).

It was fun, you learn more controls and stuff as you go and you get much better. There are plenty of weapons, assault guns, sub machine guns and sniper rifles and pistols. The Sniping wasn't bad either, I made several kills with that. This even took me from my obsession of CoD4 online :P. Unlike CoD4 I think I would probably get all the way through the story on MGS4 before I played too much of the online since MGS4 has got to have a great story mode!

This is what I rate the game so far:
Graphics: 10
Gameplay: 8.5
Weapons: 8
Replay Value: 9
Overall: 9