<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Virus Vault

Okay so I am still testing out the avast virus system. As I can see, it stores all important system files in the virus vault, and was wondering could you possible put World of Warcraft in there, and then it would not be able to get a virus/keylogger. Possible or no?
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm

well do you know where it is?
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Lol no, but I was just wondering if it was possible first before I did anything.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:38 pm

I believe Avat's virus vault just contains viruses similar to any other AV's like nortons vault (but 10 times better). I always just choose to delete the infected file though. Never really looked into it, but there really wouldn't be any point to putting WoW in the virus vault because either way if it is in the virus vault or not, Avast! will detect the malicious code. Your WoW is already protected from keyloggers :) Unless it is a rootkit, which really the only good protection against rootkits is say I believe Norman was good against rootkits. I had a conversation about it a while ago, on a different forum which has since then made a new database so the threads were lost.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

Yea but some of the most important system files are in there like the vista kernel or w.e, the computer is able to use it but nothing is able to change, also for WoW, I have had a few keyloggers all ready, from rootkits.

Return to General Chat