<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Windows Question

Okay yes this is sort of a dumb question, but will Windows Vista be able to update to Windows 7, or will be who have Windows Vista (if they want to) have to go out and buy Windows 7?
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:26 am

From how things work in the past you should be able to upgrade from vista to 7. But it will cost you to do this.

So.. you won't have to reformat... but most likely will still have to buy something.
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:42 am

Yea, when was the last time Micro$oft gave away an OS?
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:32 am

Probably going to cost money would be my bet. But I still want to know why they are even coming out with a new OS already. It feels like to me that Vista just came out a little while ago.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:36 am

You can just use torrents if you don't want to pay the money. :)
ImageImage
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:31 pm

ace_012 wrote:It feels like to me that Vista just came out a little while ago.

Vista is plagued with problems. If you are using it without issues you are one of the lucky few.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:54 pm

que13x wrote:
ace_012 wrote:It feels like to me that Vista just came out a little while ago.

Vista is plagued with problems. If you are using it without issues you are one of the lucky few.

No, that is not true, and that is were Vista gets its bed rep. There NOTHING wrong with Vista. The only people who complained (which at the time was a lot of people) that it didn't work, were the people who upgrade an older computer that wasn't able to wrong vista. That in turn, gave all the driver problems, and slow computers etc etc. So really it was there own fault. And the Mojave Experiment really proved that. Now when you hear about Vista its just people complaining about the UAC, but people need to know. That the UAC is a very powerful thing and can and will protect you. And if you don't want to be protected then those idiots need to learn how to turn it off. Its not that hard.

That is the only reason Windows is making Windows 7 to get rid of the bad Vista rep, even though its not bad. So pretty much all they have done was spiced up Vista to look and perform even better by allowing you to control the UAC so its not as strong, and supposedly not have any driver problems with it when upgrading.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:13 pm

exactly yunoko....I loved Vista (until i made my hackintosh)
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:30 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:exactly yunoko....I loved Vista (until i made my hackintosh)

Aha. Like I love Macs, but you know what, right now I cant afford one because I am saving for University, and really the best thing to a Mac is a Vista lol. Like I hated XP, I always had problems, I have had Vista almost since it came out, have not had a problem. Not even on virus.

Like even though I really like Vista, the only reason I ask this question is because with Windows 7 they made Vista even better by making it look better.

So to upgrade from Vista-W7, how much do you think it will cost? The normal cost of a new OS? Or you could go down the route D3ViLsAdvocate is suggesting, but I am already on the watch list of of ISP (not even kidding).
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:21 pm

You Vista suppoters are in denial!

Micro$oft redid the Vista kernel last April when they released Vista SP 1. You should know that redoing the kernel is no small feat and would not be necessary if the only people having issues were the upgraders.

I am not going to provide links but a Google search of "Vista Issues" brings up pages and pages of problems associated with a fresh install, not an upgrade. I already mentioned the kernel was rewritten, this is a MAJOR thing when it comes to operating systems.

You can compare the kernel to the blood in your veins. Vista essentialy got a transfusion and a bloodtype change last April with SP1.

Vista is a fubar remeniscent of ME or 95. No service pack or other patch will easily solve the myriad of issues many people are experiencing with this OS.

I predict that support for Vista will end before support for XP ends.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:01 pm

que13x wrote:You Vista suppoters are in denial!

Micro$oft redid the Vista kernel last April when they released Vista SP 1. You should know that redoing the kernel is no small feat and would not be necessary if the only people having issues were the upgraders.

I am not going to provide links but a Google search of "Vista Issues" brings up pages and pages of problems associated with a fresh install, not an upgrade. I already mentioned the kernel was rewritten, this is a MAJOR thing when it comes to operating systems.

You can compare the kernel to the blood in your veins. Vista essentialy got a transfusion and a bloodtype change last April with SP1.

Vista is a fubar remeniscent of ME or 95. No service pack or other patch will easily solve the myriad of issues many people are experiencing with this OS.

I predict that support for Vista will end before support for XP ends.

But you see "these issues" only happen to the people who upgraded from say XP to Vista, and because there computer wasn't able to handle Vista / they didn't get the right Vista drivers before. Thats there own fault. Most normal users are not going to upgrade there OS they will just go out and buy a new computer anyways. Like seriously were are the major problems in Vista from whatever e.g upgrading from xp etc, from buying a computer with vista already etc etc. There is no major problem(s) with vista, let alone problems for the normal computer users (which is probably like 80% of Windows users)

Like show me the pages/information with these problem(s). That would effect a normal users, and an experienced users?
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 pm

My mom bought an HP laptop with Vista out of the box from Best Buy last June and she is having issues.

The "Geek Squad" has yet to resolve any of it.

The problem is not her and it's nothing that is going to go away by doing a fresh install.

I acknowldged that it isn't everyone having problems. I never had issues with ME, but many people did. Ultimately it came down to the OS and not the operator.

If you have Vista and no issues then good on ya! The truth is that you are in a minority, accept it.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:44 pm

que13x wrote:My mom bought an HP laptop with Vista out of the box from Best Buy last June and she is having issues.

The "Geek Squad" has yet to resolve any of it.

The problem is not her and it's nothing that is going to go away by doing a fresh install.

I acknowldged that it isn't everyone having problems. I never had issues with ME, but many people did. Ultimately it came down to the OS and not the operator.

If you have Vista and no issues then good on ya! The truth is that you are in a minority, accept it.

Well whats the problem, and also Geek Squad are just a bunch of idiots who don't know how to plug in a computer. Or what the difference between MD5 and MD4 are.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Well fine, Vista is as good as gold then.
It still needs an overhaul.

Anyone care to join the Vista class action law suit?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/ ... sta23.html

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:12 am

I'm not sure about any problems others may have but I only base my facts off of things that happen to me. And I have yet to have any problems with Vista. I mean really, I downloaded Avast!, and turned off UAC. I have nothing bad to say about Vista based on my own experiences. Now I have seen problems with other people's computers, but that is with any OS and any hardware. You can really say Vista is worse as just any other OS, at least with my own experiences.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.

Return to General Chat