<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Halo 3 gamer who shot his parents

Remember last month when it was reported that a 16-year-old kid shot his parents because they took away his Halo 3? Here's a follow-up to that.

For one, the kid is now already 17, just so you know. In 2007, Daniel Petric shot his parents in cold blood for keeping his copy of Halo 3 away from him. This resulted in his mother's death, while the father eventually recovered. Petric finally had his hearing last month, and just today, the judge has convicted him of his crimes.

No sentence was passed on Petric just yet (that will come at a later date), however, he is facing the maximum possible penalty of life sentence in prison without parole.

Though his defense attorneys attributed his crimes to his video game addiction (which, in their argument, made him less responsible), the Judge overruled this, and pointed to evidence saying that he actually plotted the act.

According to the report from the Associated Press, one of the prosecutors:

described Petric as a cold, calculating killer who plotted to murder his parents, Mark and Susan Petric, and make it appear to be a murder-suicide by putting the gun in his father's hand.

Meanwhile, it was also revealed that when Petric left the crime scene, there was only one thing which he took with him: his copy of the Halo 3 game.

Based on the Judge's ruling, Petric is now guilty of aggravated murder in the death of his mom, and the attempted aggravated murder in the assault on his dad. On top of that, Petric was also convicted of tampering with evidence.x
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:39 pm

wow, did you hear about the kid who ran away from home kuz his parents took away COD4 from him, he then lived in a tree and either fell out and died or was shot it hasent been proven yet thow
<<

roxfox64

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Noooo! I sure didn't.
5.00M33-6
Image Veemon
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Thats another reason to own a PS3. Unlike MS who only has two good games gears and halo. What does he plan to do with a copy of halo?
ImageImage
<<

TheOriginalToxxy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:23 pm

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Thats another reason to own a PS3. Unlike MS who only has two good games gears and halo. What does he plan to do with a copy of halo?
dont forget COD I dont really know if its on PS3 but still
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Geez that is messed up, it happens though you just don't hear about it all the time.
And COD is for all systems.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:00 am

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Thats another reason to own a PS3. Unlike MS who only has two good games gears and halo. What does he plan to do with a copy of halo?

The same prejudice statements can be said about a PS3..."all it has is MGS" must we forget...
http://news.softpedia.com/news/San-Fran ... 3878.shtml

Anyways, this kid just needs to get a$$ raped a couple times before he smartens up. He doesnt need a life time of it though, throw him in the bin for 7 years. Whats he going to be able to do when he's released if he serves 25? too late for education, cant get a job due to lack of education, so he'll be forced to stay a criminal.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:22 pm

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Thats another reason to own a PS3.

im not sure whether to take this as a compliment or an insult, and anyone who would do something like that over a game most likely had other serious mental problems
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:20 pm

I would have stolen the game back and murdered them with just the disc. Then I could have got away saying I'm less responsible for my actions because I was enraged over the game.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

andose88

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Sadness and other things.

First of of all thats just sad what he did over halo 3. I know that halo in general is a serious game but, he should have tried to steal it back from the parental units. 2ndly, D3ViLS ADVOCATE, and Darkpacman77 you both are very hot. The graphic on the side that is by your info is nice. If thats really you.... O YEAH, "consumed"® Lets talk sometime you two. That's if you're corfortable. I know I am. If not, hay, it was worth a try. If so, check my profile for my e-mail. No posting e-mails. Don't want any bots flooding my inbox. Also, I am on this site alot too. ttyl.
One Day, We Will Meet Again... Next Time Bring Some Breathmints.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Sadness and other things.

andose88 wrote:First of of all thats just sad what he did over halo 3. I know that halo in general is a serious game but, he should have tried to steal it back from the parental units. 2ndly, D3ViLS ADVOCATE, and Darkpacman77 you both are very hot. The graphic on the side that is by your info is nice. If thats really you.... O YEAH, "consumed"® Lets talk sometime you two. That's if you're corfortable. I know I am. If not, hay, it was worth a try. If so, check my profile for my e-mail. No posting e-mails. Don't want any bots flooding my inbox. Also, I am on this site alot too. ttyl.

OMG LOL I am bawling that is hilarious. No, they are not the person in the pic.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:51 am

Re: Sadness and other things.

AdventWolf wrote:
andose88 wrote:First of of all thats just sad what he did over halo 3. I know that halo in general is a serious game but, he should have tried to steal it back from the parental units. 2ndly, D3ViLS ADVOCATE, and Darkpacman77 you both are very hot. The graphic on the side that is by your info is nice. If thats really you.... O YEAH, "consumed"® Lets talk sometime you two. That's if you're corfortable. I know I am. If not, hay, it was worth a try. If so, check my profile for my e-mail. No posting e-mails. Don't want any bots flooding my inbox. Also, I am on this site alot too. ttyl.

OMG LOL I am bawling that is hilarious. No, they are not the person in the pic.

He's right, that person in the pic is me :wink:
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:59 pm

The person in my pic is me.
<<

DracoDarco