Are we REALLY helping the community?

<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 pm

brentbizzle wrote:i guess my big issue is that a lot of people don't take the time to try and find any information themselves. They just start at 0 and make a post hoping someone gives them all the answers. This is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I've done and because of it I actually know what I'm doing. Everything I know about console hacking has all come from the internet, reading and watching what others have done and posted about. The whole reason for forums is that old conversations can be searched and read again to provide useful information for others later on down the road. I think for stupid posts I'm just going to provide links to google search results.

I agree with you bro, It might make a little more sense for us to just put out a hella lot of tutorials and let them read away, having a second forum specifically for questions based on those tutorials. But we wouldn't get as many posts, or new people posting, which in-turn would be the death of the site.
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:47 am

Yeah, I agree as well. Perhaps individuals nowadays don't need to learn how things work, just as long as it works.
Shame. T=

I mean, I know how hacking works, not just programming it.
由美子
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I just have to remember when I was new to PSP Brew. I was a bit scared that I'd mess something up (brick) on my PSP. So even though I read a few tutorials here and there, I still needed the reassurance of the veteran members here that I was looking at the right tutorials and very much appreciated the personal one-on-one walk-through that these members gave me, since many times the instruction in these applications are a bit too vague.

Now before joining this forum, I had joined another PSP forum and well, they weren't that friendly to noobs like me. I would ask a question and they would do everything they could to castigate me for asking such noob questions--so I wasn't getting anywhere. I then later found this place and within hours I was getting the help and I had downgraded my PSP firmware and was playing some cool old school games.

Of course with the help that was given to me here in this forum, I stuck around here more than anywhere else. It was the simple fact that the guys here were incredibly helpful. I hope that doesn't change. To understand the new people, we must remember how we were when it was very new to us also.
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Yea same here, I asked a lot of questions. I scaled a crap load of posts though and tried to do everything myself though. I did mostly everything by reading tutorials and other help questions. However it is a pain when the exact same question is asked 2-3 times a week.
Previous

Return to General Chat