<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 pm

editing iso's

so ive found quite a bit of info on editing the content of UMD's as of late. fun stuff to keep me occupied while funds are low.

i was wondering if anyone knows wtf the .ehp and .cip files are on my tag force 3 iso are?
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm not familiar with those file types, what size are they?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 am

I only messed around with the content of ISO files when the PSP dev scene was relatively new, and I can comfortably say that I didn't come across files with those particular extensions back then. After a little Google action I was able to make these finds. First of all, they are both XML file type variants.

.ehp <clicky--- A .ehp file seems to be a file which refers to other files for some type of authorization. Another site I looked at said the following (blue)

XML-based Project File, uses UTF-8 text encoding. HelpLogic assists with help authoring. Also, it will generate custom code for you to paste into your REALbasic project to launch your help book or context-sensitive help. This is a Macintosh OS X product. The product has an "EBHL" Mac Creator Code registered with Apple Computer.

Odd that it seems it's a product from OS X. Also, apparently .ehp is used through emails to infect computers sometimes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As for .cip, that is known as a "Custom Installation Package". Those have been known to be used to infect people with viruses as well as keyloggers and such. Of course, they can have innocent uses as well. They're commonly used to hold singular encrypted files which may have repeating or redundant coding in them, in order to make their file size smaller, i.e. compression.

The odd thing I am questioning is ... "Why are these files in your .ISO file?". What are the full names of the files and where are they (directory-wise) in the .ISO?

As a last note, those types of files are, as I mentioned above, XML-based. You should be able to open them up in a simple word editor like Notepad. Regarding the .ehp file(s) you may even be able to see exactly what files it "refers" to or communicates with.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:10 pm

well as it turns out ALL of the files almost are this format. id like desperately to edit these files. i imagine the videos and music files are in these files
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:46 pm

You can extract all of the files out of the ISO, edit them, and pack them back into an ISO using Ultimate ISO.
It's freeware.
You could use WordPad to edit the card files. I'm downloading that exact game right now. Is it fun?
I liked the first YuGiOh game for GBA but then I hated the card game and YuGiOh in general because they changed up the rules and made a 'Banned List.'
Grrrrr.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am

heh i can extract the iso just fine with winrar.

the games are based on gx...wihch i despise. but its fun to play he card game with your friends for free. cwcheat will give you all the cards (including the egyptian gods) so its a bigger test of skill. see who builds the best decks or test theories. its fun
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri May 01, 2009 5:00 am

I have a SaveData with four of each card from the start. :D

And you can't use WinRar to pack them back together into an ISO, though.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri May 01, 2009 10:35 pm

eh true. i have poweriso and such.

sucks cant find squat out through wordpad : ( maybe i just dont understand
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun May 03, 2009 8:39 am

I'll give a whack at it later tonight. :)

Return to General Chat