<<

Jin_22

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

PCSX2 Emulator...

Does anybody know how to configure the pcsx2 emulator to run real well on a Mini10v laptop? I copied my own game of Dragon Ball Z budokai 3 : Greatest Hits onto my computer and tried to play that game but it seems to run real slow. I also downloaded the bios and plugin features for it as well. Any suggestions?
Here are my specs;
INSPIRON MINI 9 Mini 10v Windows edit
WIRELESS CARDS Wireless 802.11g (1397) Mini Card edit
PROCESSOR Intel® Atom Processor® N270 (1.6GHz/533Mhz FSB/512K cache) edit
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition SP3 edit
COLOR Obsidian Black
HARD DRIVE 120GB, 2.5inch, 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
BATTERY OPTIONS 56WHr Lithium-Ion Battery (6-cell)
Studio XPS Studio XPS featuring Core i7 processors
Network Card Integrated 10/1000 Ethernet
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Hmm, I've tried lots of emulators and am quite knowledgeable on them, however, I'm not sure about the emulators like PS2 and Gamecube or Xbox and what-not. Anyways, it seems that you MIGHT not have a fast enough computer. I can't technically see what your 'graphics' chip is and I know the Atom Processor is good, but I'm doubtful as to whether or not it will be the best choice for trying to emulate the PS2. The question I have for you is, have you researched this emulator and is it known to be of very high quality for other people?

Sorry for the noobish question, but I have no experience with this current emulator. Maybe if you help me set it up and hook me up with a game or something I could try setting it up and seeing how it works on my end because I have a really high-end desktop gaming computer. But do that in private message if you're heading that route.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 am

Oh lemme see I got this working a few weeks ago, the Emulator makes most games "playable" but it runs a lot of them quite slow. In the PCSX2 FAQ they suggest to not run it on a laptop simply because they aren't necessarily as powerful as the PCs out there. My processor is an i7 920 2.67 GHz.

So looking at your processor (1.6GHz) is pretty slow for this emulator.
Though what do you mean when you write this?
"Studio XPS Studio XPS featuring Core i7 processors "

And what is your graphics card? you can find it in the device manager under "display adapters" or something like that.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Nice processor Advent. What games do you run on this emulator and how well does it work for you. I have quite a comparable processor, only mine is AMD.

I have a dual-core AMD Phenom II 550 3.1ghz callisto processor, but using a specific motherboard, I unlocked the processor to have 4 cores and put a great overclock on it. Currently I have a quad phenom II at 3.6ghz. AMD doesn't even sell a 3.6ghz quad at-stock frequency processor yet.

I only paid $102.99 too. Can't go wrong for this much bang. I've certainly paid more for less bang... err... just assume whatever you want. It's most likely true... haha!!!

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Jin_22

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Though what do you mean when you write this?
"Studio XPS Studio XPS featuring Core i7 processors "

Sorry bout that AdventWolf, i accidentally over copied to my other comps specification :D As for the graphics card i have "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset family" It is displayed twice Oo Dunno what that means.

Hmm, I've tried lots of emulators and am quite knowledgeable on them, however, I'm not sure about the emulators like PS2 and Gamecube or Xbox and what-not. Anyways, it seems that you MIGHT not have a fast enough computer. I can't technically see what your 'graphics' chip is and I know the Atom Processor is good, but I'm doubtful as to whether or not it will be the best choice for trying to emulate the PS2. The question I have for you is, have you researched this emulator and is it known to be of very high quality for other people?

Sorry for the noobish question, but I have no experience with this current emulator. Maybe if you help me set it up and hook me up with a game or something I could try setting it up and seeing how it works on my end because I have a really high-end desktop gaming computer. But do that in private message if you're heading that route.

Awwww I knew my laptop wasnt fast enough but i didnt want that to be an answer BoOoO LOL and i will privately send u a link of where i got that emulator.
<<

Jin_22

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 pm

The question I have for you is, have you researched this emulator and is it known to be of very high quality for other people?

Sorta, i just typed "best ps2 emulator" in yahoo and youtube and pretty much most of the links stated that the Pcsx2 is the best emulator mainly because the pcsx2 has all the bios n patches to support games from usa, japan, and europe. DBZ Budokai 3 runs perfect on my PC and handles real well too.

P.S.
DarkPacMan77, I wasnt able to send u a PM because i keep getting this message
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

I don't know if there is any other way to send you my message
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Well Final Fantasy X runs pretty good actually.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai is completely playable but it tends to slow down a bit.
God of War runs but is not playable at all lol.

@Jin.. Ew.. Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset family is awful :P. You at least need a decent graphics card. My graphics card is nothing special, ATI 4350. I'm not sure what the comparable Nvidia card is.

I also read something else in the FAQ, the emulator only uses two cores, so if you have more than that then they won't be used. Which is pretty lame because if all my cores could be used then the games would run excellent! It also said they had no plans on changing it anytime soon.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:05 am

Actually I haven't tried any emulators on my netbook either, but I doubt a ps2 emulator would be very playable on any netbook. The best I can do is play WoW at 15 fps :p I'm still waiting for a netbook to come out with much more beasty graphic capabilities then a gma950 :/
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Jin_22

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:44 am

Oh well, atleast i can play em on my pc. Though i still like playing snes, sega and nintendo games on my laptop. Memories, memories :D
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 am

I would never play ANY game if I were only getting 15fps. That's horrible. That'd be like playing the testing mode or w/e it is in Super Smash Brothers but leaving the game at 1/4 speed.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Jin_22

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm

It would be too difficult to enjoy a game at quarter speed Oo

Is there any way to download then upload game saves for the actual ps2 system?

Return to General Chat