<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:36 am

Re: Starcraft 2

I'll try it but I already have all my real information on my battle.net account that I had to make for WoW :( I guess I could make another battle.net account, still not going to play WoW though.

Anyone have a 7 hour pass? I'll give you special prriizzee.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:06 am

So what if you make another account with the same email or what if you use the same license key? I think you would have to buy an new game if you wanted to do something like that just to get a new key.

The entire thing pisses me off anyways because I am not an online gamer. I am fine playing against the computer and don't really need to slaughter and humiliate real people. Besides that takes a lot of time that I would rather invest elsewhere.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:52 am

que13x wrote:So what if you make another account with the same email or what if you use the same license key? I think you would have to buy an new game if you wanted to do something like that just to get a new key.

The entire thing pisses me off anyways because I am not an online gamer. I am fine playing against the computer and don't really need to slaughter and humiliate real people. Besides that takes a lot of time that I would rather invest elsewhere.

There's been a leaked version of single player available for almost 3 months. It doesn't support LAN or Multiplayer and doesn't force you to let others see your John Hancock.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:38 pm

You are talking about the beta and you have to patch or modify it slightly to play against a computer AI.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:13 pm

@ace just login to your battle.net account on the blizzard site and edit your account info.

as for the other accounts...not too sure but maybe theres a way to create new account profiles within the one email address...havent tried as i havent needed to...YET
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Ah okay wow, I figured you couldn't change your info like in the original WoW accounts you couldn't change your info once you set it.

I'm still offering a prize for that 7 hour pass ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:40 pm

You can only change certain things about your Battle.net account. You can't change your name. I have been trying to call Blizzard to remedy this but I can't get through. When I have gotten though there is like a 40 minute wait time and something has always come up. I can't call during the day anymore because my minutes are almost up.

Cellphone companies are the devil.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:46 am

That exists because you can transfer Wow Characters to another account but the account has to have the same last name, as the first account.

Why this is I have no idea.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:39 am

que13x wrote:You can only change certain things about your Battle.net account. You can't change your name.

Yes you can, i've done it 3 times already. Unless you're referring to your game name (that i'm not sure of)...as for your real name on the info, you can change that all you want.

The game is pretty good tho, it takes time to get used to the jump. but theres a lot of really useful new tricks that they've added which make the game more fun.

@ace i may have another 7 hour code if you still want it.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:26 pm

I had to call and wait on hold for like 45 minutes and lie to them to get them to change my Real ID name.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:48 pm

sucks for you, i hate being put on hold...i just went into my account management and changed it on the blizzrd website.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:18 pm

That'd be awesome, I still have yet to give this game a try.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 pm

I had been playing but I want to play with as much eye candy as possible so I ordered a GTX 460 and Amazon is taking forever to deliver. It might be in Tuesday but who knows.

If anyone has a P4 and wants to play I strongly urge an upgrade. The game is playable on a P4 but it isn't as fun and even the movies stutter. I am running a low end e5300 with onboard video and everything turned down for now. Runs fine. Hopefully runs better on Tuesday.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 pm

The only time I saw this played was at my cousin's recently. He bought a computer specifically for gaming and it's amazing. Not sure the model or I'd post the specs. He plays it on his 52" TV.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:01 am

crait wrote:The only time I saw this played was at my cousin's recently. He bought a computer specifically for gaming and it's amazing. Not sure the model or I'd post the specs. He plays it on his 52" TV.

thats how my setup is...desktop hooked to a 42 inch. looks spledid :D
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
PreviousNext

Return to Computer Chat