Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:18 am

it's 'cause i'm here, that's why :-D
A recent study shows that 98% of all
teenagers smoke pot, or have tried pot.
If you are one of the 79% of those who
don't give a sh*t, post this in your signature.

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:52 am

thats nice nec, but i thnk urs is 4 inch blade if im not mistaken, the one in my pic is 6 inch, i also got a 4 inch one that changes colors or whatnot, ill get a pic of my other one as well as upload a video. btw, both my knives were only $20 bucks, ive seen some for $200, jus check this site out www.balisongworld.com
If you want free DUN or any other hacks or questions about and for your cell phone especially the lg8700(thats what i got) from verizon checkout howardforums.com i am there by the same name!
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:57 am

holy crap!
20 bucks?!
dude! that's amazing! how'd you get it at such a good deal?

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 am

go to that site, its not by benchmade or spyderco theyre just no brand knives, whether its a 20 dollar one or a 200, i can still stab something
If you want free DUN or any other hacks or questions about and for your cell phone especially the lg8700(thats what i got) from verizon checkout howardforums.com i am there by the same name!
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 am

hahahaha
that's true :P

dude, how old are you?
like 17?

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:01 am

yea
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:34 pm

wow, lucky guess haha

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:14 pm

well heres the link, u gotta have quicktime or something that can play .movs aka mp4
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GB6GIGA
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:30 pm

What's the deal on the butterfly knives picture? Pretty cool!
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

Danopoly

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 4 times

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:00 pm

i have a samurai sword and a twin sword. The twin sword is awsome cause its one sword, but it can split into two. I will post pics of it soon.
<<

PSP_man

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:25 am

sweeeeeeeeeet.

that's so cool.

but how about you post some of your electronics too?

Save Sony, Buy A PS3!
<<

Necrophiliac

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:17 am

nemesis91101 wrote:go to that site, its not by benchmade or spyderco theyre just no brand knives, whether its a 20 dollar one or a 200, i can still stab something

You can stab someone with a fork, a pencil, a syringe, and a pen. It doesnt mean they will cut effectivly. There is a definate difference between a “Pakistani Special” knife that retails for 20 bucks and a knife with a high quality carbon steel blade that can hold an edge and made from quality materials such as titanium. I don’t recall how long the blade on mine is but I would take a high quality knife that can still shave or slice through paper like butter after months of frequent use than one with an extra two inches that needs sharpening after every few boxes or ropes cut.

To test how sharp your knife is run it down your arm at an angle (be careful and don’t cut yourself). If it shaves as if it was a razor than it’s sharp. As far as I’m concerned what makes a knife a quality one is its ability to hold an edge, its durability, the quality of the craftsmanship and the materials involved in creating it, and balance. I obtained mine close to cost and still spent $115 on it. It retails for around $200. Benchmade is an excellent brand and I would highly recommend any benchmade knife to anyone who wants a high quality durable knife that will stand the test of time, not rust, and not dull quickly. They are all built with exceptional quality standards but be prepared to spend a bit more for any benchmade knife. As a rule of thumb just about any knife under $50 is likely to be crap. Any knife manufactured in Pakistan, Tiwan, or China is likely to be garbage as well. I possess somewhat of an extensive knife collection and that one is by no means the most expensive one I own.

This is not to say that you should be using it to try to cut through sheetrock use common sense. Keep your knives well lubricated with a high quality lubrication such as militech-1 and sharpen using a wet stone or a ceramic rod system such as the one produced by spiderco (bad brand for knives, good brand for their sharpening rod system). Other favorite kife manufacturers of mine include Kershaw, buck, victoronex, and leatherman.

The benchmade knives on that site you posted are the only one that I would ever use. The rest might make okay letter openers but if you wish to use it for any sort of work or even possibly self defense I would opt for one of my kitchen knifes over any of the others on that site. A sharp knife is something you can always depend on, pull a dull knife out and you need to hope your bluff isnt called. Anyone trained in knife fighting will be able to quickly determine what their up against and if you pull out a pakistani special you might as well be weilding a pointed stick.

Anyway, we should probably get back to posting pictures of our electronics and start a seperate "post pictures of your knife collection thread"
<<

nemesis91101

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:42 pm

well i didnt read ur essay there but i dont care about high quality butterfly knives cuz they're illegal PERIOD in my state, i mean u can buy one but u cant take it out in public, plus id rather waste 200 on paintball stuff then on a damn knife, and yes swords are cool too, but u cant hide as good and take one to school like i do :wink:
<<

Necrophiliac

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:01 pm

As far as I know the only states that they are illegal in are MD and CA. I could be wrong but Im pretty sure those are the only two. And there is nothing wrong with trying to educate people on the difference between a well crafted kniffe and something that would barely be suited as a letter opener.
PreviousNext

Return to Tech Chat