Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

PSP Memory Stick Tutorial

<<

Mailas

Post Tue May 30, 2006 4:10 pm

PSP Memory Stick Tutorial

Hey its me again! And this is from Reavers request on my tut requests page for a Basic PSP tut for

what the directories are on the PSP and also how to use isos, and install loaders on your PSP to play

ISOs.
Lets get started shall we?
The Tutorial
The Basic PSP Tutorial
What the directories are, what they are for, and why they are there.

First off, before we even start, its most delicatly known and most basicly known to actually know what
a PSP is and what it looks like before we continue on with this tutorial.
Here is what the PSP looks like:
The PSP is actually a console made for your portable desires. If you have a GBA, a Game Boy Color,
Game Boy Micro, heck or if you have like a PDS, the PSP can play it all! With all new cool UMD
features, you can play awesome games, connect to the internet, play movies, games, homebrew apps,
emulators, heck even listen to cool tunes while your at it. You can even surf the web! Thats only if you
have the PSP firmware 2.0+ (unless you want a real crappy browser, you can use the one for 1.5)
But enough chit-chat and on with the Tutorial.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Steps:
Know you're PSP Drive
What I want you to do now is firstly turn on your PSP. Scroll left until you see System. Scroll down

twice until you see USB Connection:
Make sure you have your USB cable plugged inside:
Once connected you shall see a window pop up similiar or exactly like this on your PC/Mac moniter:
Before we continue further look at the (J:) with a red border around it. That my friend is infact your

PSP Drive. It may be something else though:
It could be I:/, it could be K:/, it could even be S:/, what ever it is, that is your Drive.
The Memory Stick
Scroll down on that window and select View Files With Folder or something. (you should see a pic of
a folder so its quite obvious)
Now, once you are in this is your ROOT of your memory stick! Thats right! You are now able to edit
anything in the memory stick! anything you want! Theres no guarentee it will work but hey, theres
homebrew and stuff out there! Why don't you try that!
Now, your PSP Root may look like this: or something similiar:
There should be a PSP folder when you first baught your PSP. Same with a SAVEDATA folder. The
savedata folder should be there already, but the PSP folder may not, so just incase, make a PSP folder
with caps in the root of your mem stick. Go inside the PSP folder and make a GAME folder like so:
The GAME folder[b]
Inside that GAME folder will be all sorts of things. If your firmware is 1.0 then you may just have only 1
folders for homebrew and apps and such. If you have 1.5 then you will have 2 folders for each
emu,homebrew,app etc. If you have 2.0 then you may have a lot of files all over the place since it
requires an eloader. This is also for 2.0+ firmwares.
But enough chat, on with the folders.
[b]The Saves, and where to download the,

We are now going to go in the SAVEDATA folder in our PSP.
It will be on the root of your PSP but inside ae your saved games from your UMDs.
Simply open it up and you can even put in new saves! From other people!
To do this simply go to the saved games pack at pspbrew.com:
http://www.pspbrew.com/?page=saves

To download the Game Saves simply click on a game you want from the scroll bar, click which Regio
you want. And then if there is a save for it simply click the save (it could be Completaly done, Bonus

Items, All Vehicles etc.) what ever it is just pick it and the save is all yours!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well thats the end of this tutorial, thats basicaly it for the drives on the PSP.
Reaver I am still making that ISO tutorial shortly.
So dont worry.
Thanks again.
Tut By - MailasG
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue May 30, 2006 7:01 pm

Very basic! good tutorial.
<<