<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:11 pm

PSP getting old?

As you know, I tend to be kind of a New-technology kind of guy, and I wanted to ask the well edjucated Brewers if they'll move on and leave the PSP to lurk among the shadows? We all dread of this day, but the fact is it's coming, and we'd better be ready. I don't see myself leaving the psp scene for at least two years after the new sony portable device hit's the market, what do you think will become of pspbrew.com? I don't really want to be the only one here with maby my sister or mom PMing each other back and fourth from my room to the computer room...
<<

newpspdude

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:20 pm

i wont be leaving n e time soon with the psp but if the new sony portable thing comes out pspbrew might become pspbrew and the new sony portable device brew
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:05 pm

The only good thing about it is the UMD games, the emulators and homebrew apps just get boring so
fast.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:10 pm

I'm always looking for the next best thing, but let's face it, Sony goofed on the PSP. They made error after error after error and now that the pandora's battery is out, us homebrewers/ hackers/ coders have the upperhand on the PSP for as long as it's around. I don't think a single console or portable will come along in the next 10-20 years that will have nearly the amount of homebrew capability that the PSP has. Sony gave us a great gift with the PSP. I know that when I want to play some retro games, I'll turn to my psp. Same with taking music on the go. The PSP still makes an exceptional travel partner and it will until the day the world is rid of it. I'd be hard pressed to say that the PSP's days are over, or even limited. People tend to forget that when you educate someone about homebrew, it brings more homebrew. What I mean by that, is simple. Now that the pandora's battery is out, everyone can enjoy homebrew, and the more people that know about it, the more likely the chance that a coder will pick up a project for the PSP that is sure to amaze us.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:35 pm

I agree it wont be soon, but I think..no I know it will be replaced. and I have a hard time accepting change. I mean, honestly We all love our psp's and it probably has more of a life than me.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:36 pm

I hope I get a half decent job before that day... I couldn't even afford asprin for my head ache.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:44 pm

Hopefully we can trade in our psp's to get money towards the new one.
ImageImage
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:10 pm

nah, we'll regret selling our psps.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:40 pm

mines staying by my side till the end! or until I spill some coffee or something on it... all the same.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:28 pm

well pretty much all kinds of computors and gadgets are out dated unless you have recently bought one. technology is always advancing
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Sony really doesn't want people to downgrade their psp, they don't want you to download iso's or cso's. which is understandable since it means they loose money, but to be honest, thats why I bought mine. Just look at how fast they recalled Lumines.
<<

X3CU710N3R

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:15 am

Re: PSP getting old?

Diehard335 wrote:As you know, I tend to be kind of a New-technology kind of guy, and I wanted to ask the well edjucated Brewers if they'll move on and leave the PSP to lurk among the shadows? We all dread of this day, but the fact is it's coming, and we'd better be ready. I don't see myself leaving the psp scene for at least two years after the new sony portable device hit's the market, what do you think will become of pspbrew.com? I don't really want to be the only one here with maby my sister or mom PMing each other back and fourth from my room to the computer room...

i would hav too say, yes (for me), all i do with it now is play socom
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:48 am

All I can hope is that a new user comes around like what dax and fanjita did for psp, to do the same for the new version of psp. That, and I am definitely going to get the first one to hit the floor with the very first firmware on it :p I'm sure a lot of us have learned our lesson from the whole PSP scene, and hopefulyl we will learn to buy the new psp, and DON'T upgrade it. But I'll be here until the scene is dead. Or until the cops come to my house, and take away my computer and throw me in jail for unknown reasons.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:47 am

i kinda want the slim psp... but in general i do not think they are getting old... but i do think sony could have tried harder.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm

especially with the cheesy *** umd door
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable