OMFG My wii just bricked for no reason!

<<

bclowe

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:36 pm

[quote="brentbizzle"]Sony's a great company. I love their Cybershot line of digital cameras. VIAO laptops are sleek and sexy... the PS3 just seemed like a mistake, at least at this point in time. What's a blu-ray disc hold, like 15gigs? Has there even been a game released yet that uses even 10 gigs of this storage?[/quote]

actually a blue ray disc holds 25 gigs per layer, and yes some pc games take more then ten gigs, like stalker (12gigs), and my friend has oblivion+mods at 20gigs

and the reason why playstation 3s are so expesive are because they are expensive to make, it used to cost more then $600 for sony to make when they first came out.
<<

FireFoxx

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:42 pm

I think Sony is actually losing money when they sell PS3's
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:23 am

the ps3 was $900 on the day they released it.
<<

Mailas

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:46 am

I dont think so.....
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:05 am

blackzmage wrote:the ps3 was $900 on the day they released it.

Maybe on ebay... It was $649.99 CAD when it first came out here.

As for the wii/ps3/360 debate...this is what it comes down to... you can sit at home all alone on your fat a**es playing rpg games all by yourself, oblivious to whats going on in the world... or you can get up off your fat a**es and do something like move around and socialize, the wii simply brings people together to have fun. Hmmm tough choice... dish out $400 ++ to be a fat a** loner, or dish out $250 and be able to physically b**ch slap my friends and family around.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Staxx.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:17 pm

bclowe wrote:
brentbizzle wrote:Sony's a great company. I love their Cybershot line of digital cameras. VIAO laptops are sleek and sexy... the PS3 just seemed like a mistake, at least at this point in time. What's a blu-ray disc hold, like 15gigs? Has there even been a game released yet that uses even 10 gigs of this storage?

Blu-ray is the future. Whether I like it or not, it's the next gen format of choice for most people. 25GB isnt being used yet for games, but it will soon. You also have to think that previous games didn't run in 1080p which means they dont compress games, which means....ding ding!....you guessed it, larger file sizes! By the end of the year or early next year dual layer blu-ray will be out and will 50GB! THATS HUGE. The PS3 came out and was 600 dollars from day one, but it originally cost Sony around 900 to make the system so they were taking a huge loss (which they made up in software sales anyways). The 360 was the same way when it came out, Microsoft hasn't ever made a penny off the Xbox line.

I don't know why people think Sony is such a great company, especially from a games point of view. The ps2 was an awesome system.....ONLY BECAUSE OF THE GAMES THAT THIRD PARTIES MADE ON IT. Sony didn't make hardly any good games, except for in my opinion the God of War series. Besides that they just paid a bunch of people to make exclusive games on their shi*ty machine. How many people do you know that has had problems with a ps2 not reading a certain type of disc? Need I say more?
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Getting back on topic...

[quote=FireFoxx]Wii's are still impossible to find around me. Arn't there un-mod able wii's out now?[/quote]
They're not impossible, just difficult. Nintendo is cutting 3 legs from the IC chip so that they do not connect to the tracks that lead to the solder points. You either have to directly connect the chip to the nubs that come out of the IC insulation, or repair the legs by connecting the nubs with the tracks.
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:14 pm

FireFoxx wrote:I think Sony is actually losing money when they sell PS3's

they make so many and dont selll as much. besides i think the Wii is better.

we should use Wiibrew a little more.
<<

h4s30

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 pm

sony is selling it cheaper than what they are making it so thats how they are losing money
not that silly "oh its because they aren't selling" shut up and go play your wii

i'll never buy a wii because it isn't as fun as you may think i've been told and found out myself you don't need all of those fancy movements to play the wii all you need is a flick of the wrist yeah thats real fun guys crappy games where i can just flick my wrist omg real fun

i like how the microsoft focused on the xbox 360 soo much that they dropped the xbox like a hot potato and that backwards compatability is real great

devlopers are still crankin out games for ps2 which makes me happy cause i still have my ps2

hell i played resident evil on my ps2 it was fun i had lots of fun

and seeing the playstation thought for being known as a FPS platform really kills me inside because its not true!!!!!!!!
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:57 pm

Sony isn't gonna lose money, because they are gonna have advertisements on "home" once it comes out.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:03 pm

ummm... yeah, your Wii couldn't have bricked for no reason.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:24 pm

ps2 sold more then 360, wii, and ps3 ANYWAY
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:48 am

but ps2 has been out for for 7 years so of courses it sold more units.

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:22 am

i think ps2 will out live ps3..

its a fact. lol
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:50 pm

haha yeah right, just wait for mgs4 , gta IV and the new tekken.
PreviousNext

Return to PlayStation Portable