360 or ps3

<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:26 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote:When people think "xbox" - they inadvertently think of "Halo". Sega = "Sonic", and Nintendo = "Mario". However, when you think PS3, no one particular character from a major franchise comes to mind. "Crash Bandicoot is close" though.

Anywho, all I'm trying to say is, I think looking at hardware and features is really important. I wouldn't buy a system for Halo, or Sonic, or Mario. I buy a system for it's capabilities, because sooner or later, someone WILL take the time and make large capacity blu-ray games (25gb+)... and with better specs, albeit higher prices, the PS3 will hold out on the market more successfully over a longer period of time. An 8gb game just simply can't compete with a 25gb game - which would actually justify a good REASON to BUY video games instead of stealing them. also (something I think the video game community needs). I personally look forward to those type of scenarios, and buy with what will last.

Tough choice though... and I can't argue for getting the 360 instead of the PS3, as mentioned earlier, it's all a matter of taste.

-DarkPacMan77-

I try to get that through to people, saying that not anyone of the systems is better, it is just a matter of opinion! but people are so thickheaded you can't get anything through to them..

Oh and a character for PS3.. maybe Snake? since Crash Bandicoot isn't all popular in the PS2-PS3 game categories.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:43 am

i really think he means a 1st party main character. Sega MADE sonic. Nintendo MADE mario. Microsoft MADE hlao (even tho Bungie and Mircrosoft are now apart. another story tho.lol)

SOny hasnt really made a 1st part character. Maybe Daxter but hey, it isnt official yet.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:48 am

Yea true, there have been many good Sony characters, but none of them can reach the status of Mario or Sonic or 'Halo'. But there is Cloud from FF7, FF7 is one of the most popular games, everyone likes that game basically.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:11 am

You know I think right now the 360 is way better then ps3 because of my tastes. Maybe in the future, they will utilize blue ray better. On the other hand, in the future the ps3 will probably be cheaper, less bugs or w/e. That's why I would buy a 360. Right now, to me, 360 is a beast compared to other systems. In the future, I might buy a ps3, because it will be cheaper and hopefully have games more similar to 360. Sure, in the future ps3 could possibly be good. But that's in the future, and I'd rather buy the better system now then a system I can't do anything with currently, and will be cheaper in the future. Maybe when there are better fps that aren't like the current ones for ps3, I will buy a ps3 next year. It seems to me all it is out are these horror games. Crazy monsters, and real dark scenes with zombies and crap. That and world war games. But halo isn't as "dark" or "creepy" as those games. That's why I like the games for 360 better. I like games you can have fun on in the middle of the night. Not evil zombies and dead things running around with chainsaws, and all these real dark scenes at night time with crap popping out at you makign you piss in your pants XD.

In the end, it's all personal opinion, or take the easy way out and buy them all, if your rich like that.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:05 pm

im right with you ace. I like 360 better because its there for what i need it for. Games and music. PS3 tried to shuv Blu-Ray down my throat and i hated that. I doubt Blu-ray will even win. In fact, this is what this site says:

[QUOTE]
I enthusiastically recommend HD DVD because it's a better product and a better proposition for consumers. Signs are showing it is going to trounce Blu-ray, and soon. Surprised? Read on.

For those looking for a single sentence explaining why go with HD DVD: It's a better thought-out, more solid product than Blu-ray, it is half the price, and picture and sound quality are identical. At less than $200 including seven or more movies, HD DVD players are a stunning value. Why pay twice the money when Blu-ray has serious issues and the movies look and sound the same?

I smile when I see people buying HD DVD players based on bargain pricing, because they are unknowingly getting the Ferrari as well! Despite its purported superiority and much higher cost, Blu-ray is the emperor with no clothes. HD DVD has been superior since day one.

On the other hand, at launch Blu-ray's picture quality was horrible, generating barbs such as "needs to go to the scrap heap" and "who in their right mind would ever like this?" Though they have since closed the picture quality gap, almost all Blu-ray player models announced or existing are already obsolete. They conform to an early player profile that does not support upcoming disc features. Profiles should have been finalized before product launch! Blu-ray's record has been spotty at best, and if you say it sounds like they have been fixing it as they go along, I'd say you are right.[QUOTE]

So until sony takes out Blu-Ray and that will shave $200-$250 out of the price of the PS3 i wont get it. I want Food and TV for that price. Besides, who cares if they can see the shape of someones sweat on a Blu-Ray player? i actually dont care. Walmart and Bestbuy are selling HD-DVD players for less then $100 now or something like that. Sweet deal to me.

ALSO!, has anyone heard of the rumors about the intercooler from Nyko? I was planning to get the EX edition or w/e and want to know what yall think about them....so whatcha think?

Image Image
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:12 pm

bkfraiders7 wrote:. Besides, who cares if they can see the shape of someones sweat on a Blu-Ray player? i actually dont care.

I feel the same way! I have used that same expression about seeing sweat on people's faces with my friends. I don't need anything better! The DVDs we have now are just fine with me, I don't see any problem with them, I don't know why we have to get something better. Blu-ray and HD do look nice, but i just don't give a sh*t.. Who CAres?
<<

SeeJay023

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:11 pm

pretty much the xbox 360 has better games so far..and the ps3 is a better entertainment system..
!!..
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:30 pm

bkfraiders7 wrote:So until sony takes out Blu-Ray and that will shave $200-$250 out of the price of the PS3 i wont get it.

In my opinion, blu-ray is DEFINITELY worth it, even if that means increased price, and here's why...

On the Wii/ Xbox 360, they use DVD format which can only access up to 9.4gb of data (dual layer). Meanwhile, with the PS3, it can access 27gb of data, which means that games can be over 3 times larger than on the Wii or Xbox 360. When you consider that games could be up to 54gb with dual layer... there's simply no competition... and with the highest system specs out of the newest consoles, the PS3 definitely looks like it will come out on top in the long run.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:41 pm

BUT are developers willing/wanting to spend that much $$ to produce that big of a game?

Image Image
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:46 pm

They need to make an ultra awesome leet remake of FF7. Make it fill up that entire double blu-ray disk. I do hope that blu-ray will will and from what i've heard and looked at, it will. Sony is awesome, perhaps once they get their blu-ray stuff more going and develop it more, perhaps the PS3 will be doing better will more games that complement the blu-ray.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:53 pm

bkfraiders7 wrote:BUT are developers willing/wanting to spend that much $$ to produce that big of a game?

Right now? I'd say no. However, you must look at hardware again. If there were ... even only 5 games that were 27gb, the math looks like this.

27 X 5 = 135gb

I think PS3 has a 120gb hard drive now (?) but even so, if there were only a handful of these games out, it would be impossible to store them on the PS3. So far, you can't backup PS3 isos for playback, but when you can, the next step will be how to add your own hard drive. And who knows, it may be possible to put a 1tb hard drive in the PS3, but you have to think about the logic behind it all... There's a difference between hacking and modding, and it's been proven that, by marginal comparison, people that MOD their systems to have larger specs only account for a small minority of people that are interested in hacking/ piracy... and that's because most people don't know how and don't WANT to know how.

Long story short, if those games existed, game sales would rise, especially for those titles.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Ps3 at its highest only has 80GB of hard drive.

Image Image
Previous

Return to PlayStation Portable