<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:23 pm

PAL and NTSC question

I'm thinking about buying a PS1 'PAL' game from Australia. I'm just not sure if I can play a PAL game on my 'NTSC' PS2, anyone know?
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:35 pm

If you are using a DMS3 or better with Toxic OS you should not have any problems.

What are you using for a chip?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 am

Well I know a chip would allow me to run the games, but I'm guessing an un-modded PS2 can't run the PAL games.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:17 pm

I have a chip but there is a set of disks out and I do not know the name that allows PAL on an unmodded PS2. There is also HDloader that should allow the same thing but I think it actually patches the games. I never had PAL games be an issue with me. I play Japanese games and they are NTSC.

Which title is it that you are purchasing in PAL that you can't find in NTSC if I may ask?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Well I'm not purchasing them anymore, I was looking at an Australian set of FF4-9. But i ended up buying this set which is NTSC.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Cool. I hope you like it.

BTW the PS2 Harddrive mod is cool. You need a fat PS2. As of last year when I checked there was no way to use a USB drive on a slim.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Oh, well I might eventually mod my PS2. I've had it for at least 6 years so far since 5th grade. I can just buy a special start up disk right? So when I load the disk I take it out and I can play any disk or something.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:22 pm

They make swap magic discs, where you stick it in and you stick this little plastic key thing in the DVD drive slot, pull out the tray and stick in the disc and use the key to push the tray back in. You don't need a mod or anything of the sort to do that. I never really got into the whole homebrew scene for ps2's, I just didn't have the resources to do anything that didn't require a modchip. But if you have any ps1 game and a action replay then you can use the memory card way to play emulators and crap. Or use that DVD loader cd software crap and the memory card to load or play games off the HDD for ps2's. yup yup
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 pm

So how would I be able to play some N64 games like Super Smash Bros? I think I'll finally set it up if I figure out what to do.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Well obviously an N64 Emulator if one existed. I know there is a Sega and Nes emulator for the PS2. I understand that the PS2 is difficult to code for and so consequently I think that if a N64 emu exists that it would be buggy and not run very well.

I forgot to mention that there is an "Independence Memory card hack" (that is what it is called) that allows you to run homebrew code without a chip or a disk.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:21 pm

That's the memory card hack I was talking about ;) I will try and dig up some of my old bookmarks for yah advent and see what I can find. It's actually quite easy compared to other systems. But that's the problem with sony, they leave there own "hidden" methods of fixing things pretty easy for us to find. That's how you launch the software off the memory card, using a ps1 game and some software.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:36 pm

Oh thats cool thanks. Well I thought I saw a video somewhere of someone playing SSB on their ps2.. i might be wrong. I'll see if i can find something about it.

Return to PlayStation Portable