Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Do you think there will be a PSP 2 or something?

<<

bo_sfbdura77

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:38 am

Do you think there will be a PSP 2 or something?

Do you think there will be a PSP 2 or something? Because, after Upgrading/downgrading my PSPs and friends. Tried most stuff and works using Homebrew and other apps. I was overthinking about something I've read, not too long ago. I said, That the developers are not going to make games (UMD) for the PSP soon. And also says, that, "That's why the retailers are so anxious of selling them away".

Probably, my opinion, is that many brewers are hacking through the system with many different stuff they can do with the PSP. Or, They rent the game or borrow from their friend's andselling their (UMDs) away after they saved it on their MS. It's like, no matter how you customize your PSP. Add some cool stuff, even. Games, apps, changing firwares, etc. Then what? No matter how Sony just keeps changing or up-ing the firmware, we brewers will find a way to hack into that new firmware. What if it goes all the way to CFW 5.63 <oe-c/m33+> lol. It gets boring after a while.

My main question about this thread is that, Do you think Sony'll come up with a new PSP? Like PSP HD? or PSP 2? or...you know. May be a bigger Screen? At least an inch bigger? If that happes, I'm not expecting, that the brewers just like u and me, will find a way to hack itno it. Or what? heehee I'm pretty excited. This time, you can add PS2 games in you memory stick. Who knows right?

But, what I've read...says it is to be absolete soon. :( "Please SONY", don't!!!!!!!!!! I'm having fun learning the brew and doing the brew! Having fun accomplishing of what i've been learning by myself. Through researching, reading, watching......sigh! Ans when you test it and it works, you're like....YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Is there anybody out there who can respond to this thread to cheer me up? That there's still hope? Maybe, pretty soon, (knock-on-wood) that if the PSP'll get absolete, no more games for sale for it and no more selling the system itself. Maybe our brewers will move to the PS3 to do the brewin' and someday someone will create an app to unbrick your PS3 in case you brick it by mistake or accidental risks. When brewing the PS3. And if Sony finds out, they may stop making PS3's and games for it, cuz they're not making money anymore and freakin' Microsft wins or Nintendo. I love all systems....but........I'm a Playstation freakazoid and a die-hard fan! Since-Eversince..heehee SOMEBODY PLEAAAASE CHEER ME UP!!! I don't know what to do without Playstation in my life! Sorry for being a dork or geek. But....yeah! :wink:

Thanks guys!!

Bo
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:15 am

Didn't really read it all its to early in the morning lol. Anyways I don't think there will be a psp 2 I think the psp 2 is the PSPlight. But just like sony you will never know just like them saying there is a big secret right now of something big (ps4) but for right now I don't have a psp (still bricked) I wouldn't really care for a psp2 because it would just be another wast of money (adding to my paper wight collection) and that (blank amount of psp owners) would just keep there old psp not upgrade, unless it was free and it wouldn't be.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:05 am

i prolly wouldnt buy a psp2. Im kinda hoping for a high powered Xbox handheld. One that even gets on Live. Idk tho.....maybe its just me.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 am

I dunno know. I think it would be pretty cool if M$ entered into the handheld market, but then again it would be their first handheld, probably wouldn't be good and I doubt a lot of xbox supporters would think a xbox handheld would be "cool". I just don't think anyone would really think of a xbox handheld being a great idea. I don't know, I think it would be sorta cool if they made a handheld with good graphics, and supported like a small scale xbox live (still utilize your current gamertag and what not, just with a lot less glossy features but still great way to play online). Like maybe still use your gamertag and your friends list, and be able to access wifi to use it and all the games that they make actually support it. Like maybe a handheld version of Halo, with matchmaking and what not with good graphics (halo 2 graphics possibly). I think that would be pretty cool, but that's just me.

But I wouldn't buy a psp 2 either. I don't even have a slim. But yah know there is no telling. If sony plans to release a ps4 soon in a year or two then wow, they sure are getting a jump start on next gen lol. I sure would feel bad for ps3 owners.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:21 am

it depends what you can do with a psp2, if its going to be like the psp but better graphics there is absolutely no way ill buy one, just a big waist of money.

nobody ever makes good games, and if it doesnt have a keyboard, second analog, and a screen thats doesnt reflect EVERY F@$!ING TIME YOU PLAY AND AND YOU CANT SEE S@$^ then ill never buy it

the screen is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying you can never see anything when playing it in a place full of lights it reflects toooo much
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:49 am

I probably wouldn't buy the "psp2" as well but I guess the slim would be considered as the "psp2". So I probably wouldn't get a psp3 since im happy right now, I can play all my ps1 games and play a few o/k psp games. And play some of the old time nes and n64 games, and DOOM.
I'm not sure what they could do to better the PSP system other than make it more powerful with a slight chance of emulating the PS2, but probably not all to playable. I don't need anything better than the psp1
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:47 am

i dont think the psp will be obsolete soon. after all its doing great in sales despite the homebrew. and you have to realize the psp isnt the ONLY thing being hacked. ps2 and xbox hacking is rampant. and people can put linux on ps3's now apparently. so i dont think sony is THAT upset yet. i do however believe that there is alot of ideas being thrown around sony for the psp. i wouldnt be surprised if they bust out with a new handheld by next year. i mean look how many times the gameboy has changed
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Well ofcourse everything is being hacked, but it';s the only really easy thing to hack I guess in a cost efficient manner. But of course the ps3 can run linux, as well as mac or free bsd, it has a built in feature to boot into a different OS when you turn it on. So that really isn't considered as a hack since Sony made a built in legit feature for it. But until the next new psp gets 2 analog sticks, I probably won't buy it. psp+2 analogs=fps fun
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:41 am

So you need cheering up? Even if the system becomes obsolete, I'd still be playing it. My family has a NES that still sees use (FF 4-red mage run is my current challenge). With my PSP, I can take the glory of 8-bit where-ever life takes me. So basically, I would be playing retro games on a retro handheld if it became obsolete. And I'm quite fine with that. A PSP2 would be low on my "to buy" list. If that view doesn't cheer you up.... PSP, its nuts, you can play with outside ;)
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

angry_jr13

Brewer
Brewer

Location: ur mom's bedroom... or sister's if she is old enough

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:34 pm

well I wouldn't get a psp2 cause I think it would be stupid to make one when the psp is possibly the coolest handheld on the market now. I personally think the psp slim and light was an answer to nintindos dslite. and that the psp slim is kinda cheap. I mean there is no button for the umd tray to open and when I play a buddy of mines slim the battery cover pops off. also I'm afraid if I drop the slim that it would shatter on impact. but I do think microsoft should come out with a handheld xbox with maybe the same control skeem as the 360 and I highly doubt there will be a psp2. 8)
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:15 am

well rumors have been floating around of a sony ericson psp. i read on qj somewhere that the patents have been bought on it. also i think sonys continued attention on the psp's software proves they know it has value.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:37 pm

whats ericson psp?
<<

Cheatcody

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 pm

i hate that they made the slim now i got to get one oh yea and my 8 year old nephew has one omg :roll:
TRIPLE KILL "Triple what?!Hey you come here!" OVERKILL
<<

amaric

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:41 pm

unless the psp2 had better graphics, again 2 analog sticks, built in tv(yeew), and was already oem so we could already play homebrew on it...that would be great oh and the ability to emulate ps2 games...dnt think itll ever happen tho...
zomgardninjasayrawr
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm

ever heard of the sony ericson? its a cell phone
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable