<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:11 pm

how is their psp so fast?

hey guys i was looking on youtube on some psp vids yesterday and saw this one psp that just blew my mind away....
i cant find it but it was crazy.

first the theme was like a circle and different then anything i had seen.
Then when he start psps, games, programs instead of having the psp icon come up he had a part of Final Fantasy Advent Children fight scene come up, which was basically the craziest thing i had seen.

Then this dude went to his memory stick, and the icons loaded instantly, while mine take a while to load.
Then he goes to play nintendo 64 and he games are running perfect, they dont ever freakin lag....

While i cant even play a single nintendo game on mine.... :(

And his internet was FAASSSTTTT, even though i got 10k connection my internet wasnt as fast as his....

But i mean how does this person do that? he made the little final fantasy stuff and it was crazy how instead of showing psp icon it showed that...

i tried looking up answers on google but didnt find any, sorry...
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Speed up the video?
<<

lalilulelo

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Dude you can find out how to do all that right here on pspbrew's tut section man.
Thats been done b4 many times and the opening scene for his psp is called a cintro. Look it up in the tut forum section, its all there.
*edit*Opps I made a mistake :lol:. Saw the vid you were talking about and it was a gameboot, my bad.
but I found a pretty cool cintro while looking for that vid.
enjoi http://youtube.com/watch?v=77F53xSeC5o (sound quality sucks btw)
Last edited by lalilulelo on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image I'm rocking Dark-Alex's 3.71m33 firmware with his 1.50 kernel update for the fat psp.............I want a slim now >.<!
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:07 am

I guess the ff7 scene you saw was a gameboot, the video that shows after you click on a app.
<<

wittyretort

Young Brewer

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:43 am

i wish i'd never sold my old ff7

well at least I still got secret of mana for the snes, suikoden II, FFT, all old rare games.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:45 pm

change clock speed to 333 on everything.

The other video thing that happens when he loads something is a custom game boot.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:14 pm

hey so can you all give me a tutorial on how i can improve the speed of my psp...

i tried looking in tutorials but i didnt find any.

and the reason i hadnt looked before and didnt find any is because i dont know the name of it so dont blame me :)
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:32 pm

could you link the video so we can see it? I'd like to view it to get a better idea on what you are referring to. Thanks in advance.
Stylin' with a "Phat" PSP CFW: 5.00 M33-6 w/Kernel 150 add-on 5.00
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:49 am

Its not hard to improve speeds.....If ur in 3.80 M33 press the select button and change the speed to 333
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:51 am

jay jay i tried to find it but i couldnt again....

lol but ill tried to find one similar but i still couldnt, but i was just trying to mkae sure the things this person did where possible and not made up....

and BFK ahhh do i have to go to recovery mode? im on my xmb and pressing select doesnt do anything. Also are there any side affects?
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:54 pm

now i got 3.90 m33-2
so sorry for double posting. But BFK how do i do this? i tried looking in recovery menu but didnt see anything.
so how can i improve the overall speed of psp and emulators, my psp even has trouble running freakin NES games which is very sad and makes me mad.

also whats difference between cintro and gameboot?

and hey guys sorry again, i tried looking for this and had no luck, how do you get the weird themes??
like the themes that look nothing like normal themes?
idk if you guys know what im talking about

and anyway, i dont want tutorials i want sites that have these cintro, gameboots, and the weird theme all ready made and you just have to download them because i was looking through tutorials myself and its pretty hard and takes and while to make these stuff

THANKS IN ADVANCE
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: how is their psp so fast?

farquezy wrote:hey guys i was looking on youtube on some psp vids yesterday and saw this one psp that just blew my mind away....
i cant find it but it was crazy.

first the theme was like a circle and different then anything i had seen.
Then when he start psps, games, programs instead of having the psp icon come up he had a part of Final Fantasy Advent Children fight scene come up, which was basically the craziest thing i had seen.

Must be a XMB background theme that he either created himself or downloaded from a site. Maybe if you searched your History on your browser, you might still find the link.. maybe knowing what day it was.. and so far.. Good luck--love to see it also on youtube.

Then this dude went to his memory stick, and the icons loaded instantly, while mine take a while to load.
Then he goes to play nintendo 64 and he games are running perfect, they dont ever freakin lag....

I have a 1GB memory stick and I don't suffer from slow laods. I can quickly navigate through the icons and load an emulator or game.

What is your size of memory stick? And do you have other stuff loaded unto it aside from games? (i.e. music, videos, etc) Maybe your stick is fragmented? Maybe formatting the memory stick may help with your issue?

While i cant even play a single nintendo game on mine.... :(

I can load Nintendo games without a glitch. Maybe you are using the wrong emulator? I use NesterJ found here in the Downloads.

And his internet was FAASSSTTTT, even though i got 10k connection my internet wasnt as fast as his....

My internet is also fast. I only have it on a linksys wireless router on broadband.

But i mean how does this person do that? he made the little final fantasy stuff and it was crazy how instead of showing psp icon it showed that...

I ain't no expert as of yet, but look into XMB themes--I think that is the ticket.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm

hey look at the last post i made and answer those questions please
<<

Jay-Jay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:54 pm

farquezy wrote:now i got 3.90 m33-2
so sorry for double posting. But BFK how do i do this? i tried looking in recovery menu but didnt see anything.
so how can i improve the overall speed of psp and emulators, my psp even has trouble running freakin NES games which is very sad and makes me mad.

I read somewhere where you must have to install the 1.50 kernel file in order to play homebrew. I haven't upgraded to 3.90 M33-2, since I am barely getting myself used to 3.52 M33-4 (and I am happy with it at the moment.)

also whats difference between cintro and gameboot?

I don't know this answer.

and hey guys sorry again, i tried looking for this and had no luck, how do you get the weird themes??

I have done google searches and found several sites give them for free. But I haven't yet installed any of them, since I don't know the procedure on how to do this yet.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:12 pm

yeah what are the sites, i mean i found some but there are bunch of folders and i dont know what to do with them haha.

and if anyone can help me with the things i asked in the other post that has "thanks in advance" in it ill really appreciate it.
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable