<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Family Guy: The Video Game

We all know of the show Family Guy, and it's group of lovable characters, like Peter, Lois, Bryan, Chris, and who can forget Stewie? And... um... that one girl... oh, and meg -_-
But who here is familiar with the video game? Not so many. This game was made a while back, and went unoticed by sociaty- neglected in a way. But you can tend to it's wounds by purchasing this great game, for only a small payment of 20 USD.
Believe me, you will get your money's worth. It is as funny as the show, and it makes many allusions to anything you can think of. Once it does, it goes to a cut scene. Each cutscene is playable, whether you are playing Marco Polo with Hellen Keller, or if it is Raising the Roof with Jesus. They offer a relief of the real difficulty of the game, while making you smile. :) The game also has great cutscenes between levels with the actual cast of the show, so there wont be any "Madagascar"-like events. Lol, silly sound-a-likes
Like i said, difficulty. This game is too difficult, and sadly, there is no option for changing it. It took me about 50-60 hours of playing it to beat it. Sure it offers an array of different playing types because there are three unique story lines, but there are an uber amount for each type. There is a portion of the game for Stewie, Bryan, and Peter. Each, are very difficult. I mean it, very hard. This is possibly the hardest game I have ever played. You'll find yourself becoming frustrated with it and throwing your psp against the wall.
The gameplay is different everytime you play the level, so it makes it seem less harsh. The levels do get a little repetative, but they have enough uniqueness and cornyness to make that, once again, seem less harsh.
With that said, overall, this game is flawless, except the graphics. The graphics, try to make you think you are watching the show. There are many glitches in it though. the characters, when it zooms in, all have extra lines on thier face. But this isnt really a problem because you get used to them really easily.

Multiplayer? none
Reasonable Price: 10/10
Voice acting: 10/10
Story Line: 8/10
Difficulty: yep, it's got that
Ability to pick it up and play it and set it back down:9/10
Loading time: 6/10 (10 means no loading time)
Fun:9/10
Graphics:6/10
Over All: Amazing Game! I give it an 8/10
even though the review i made is really sloppy
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:11 am

I have been wanting to give this game a try. I think the show is hilarious and figured the game would be good too.
<<

Gerrin112

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:20 pm

I have played that game it sucks and anyone hew likes it has horrible taste in video games
Theres a overload prepare for pain
<<

Mailas

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:28 pm

That video tape thing at that London TV Show station was impossible.
Yeah I didnt at all like this game.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Mailas G wrote:That video tape thing at that London TV Show station was impossible.
Yeah I didnt at all like this game.

Haha
I got that one the first try!
The easiest level.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:34 am

Im going to get this game right now and another game so i hope and can retell my experience with it later on today.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:17 am

Is this is for psp? if its not, is it the same as the ps2 version?
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:54 am

Oh god I have this for XBOX and please do not get this game, believe me
its horrible. The graphics look cool but really their annoying, plus the missions in this game
are so hard. Just trying to get Brian out of Jail is enough.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks MG. Ill like borrow the game first and see how it is i just got Wipe Out Pure, and 300. So I think I'm pretty good right now.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:46 pm

lolol the game was easy...beat it in a few days, only an hour or so a day.
The games pretty funny but is real repetitive.
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:29 pm

I love this game and the show. the steiwe level when he's in peter's stomach is so funny. i give it a 8.5

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

GreyF0X

Young Brewer

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:25 pm

I love the show, and this game has a lot of funny refrences to the show, many of which I kind of forgot about, and it was great to see them again. The game is always funny, and fun at first, but becomes increasingly more difficult and repeatitive, to the point that finishing it becomes a chore.

If you love the show and must have everything Family Guy, this isn't a bad addition to the collection, but if you're looking for a great game, i might suggest looking elsewhere.

Return to PlayStation Portable