BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:12 pm

should i buy...a slim

I already have the fat psps and was wondering if people think the new size, video output, and bigger internal memory is enough to go out and buy one?

I mean i have the $200 (well am about to hopefully) anyway and was going to use it on more Ram for my laptop since i have Vista and this thing takes up 60%+ of a 1gb thing of ram but i am willing to go buy a slim. ESPECIALLY since M33 has a CFW out right now. I would want a 3.60 slim now and not wait till Stupid sony installs 3.70 on them so i cant get a CFW. Or since it is the pandora battery if i do have to wait and get the 3.70 psp slim will it be able to do the pandora battery 3.60 M33 trick?

Thanks for your help ;)

P.S. one MAIN reason i might get one is becuase my buttons are CRAPPY. I got the ones with the [] button is to little for the socket. And the D-Pad is crap too. So idk. What yall think?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:29 pm

FUGG NO!

2 hundred dollars? and t comes with a game every already has..

just garbage
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:35 pm

No wast of money, and has all of the features as the normal one but has video/audio output and the speakers are on the top (were the screen is.) So just stick with what you got.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 pm

*sighs* Just sony trying to get some more money out the marketing like they always do.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:05 pm

The original PSP design was quite flawed, I must admit, but even so, I'd think that the best option would be to stick with the fat psp for right now. I'm interested in things like...

1. Can you play wifi and charge the PSP at the same time?
2. Does the PSP get too damned hot because of the wifi antenna in the slim psp?
3. dpad REALLY improved? - or no.

I have a slew of questions about the slim psp's design and capabilities. If the majority of the small design flaws are fixed with the slim psp, I'd think of getting one myself. But I'm not sure if I'd be more comfortable with it or not.

Also, what game is bundled with the slim package? I haven't read that anywhere.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Slick wrote:*sighs* Just sony trying to get some more money out the marketing like they always do.

There trying to get that final bit of money before the psp goes down.

And the game is daxter.
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Some information about the slim can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_Slim

Also I like this new addon the best.

Internal memory (RAM and FlashROM) increase from 32 MB to 64 MB.

Also if you are wondering what the video output looks like its looks like this.

I don't like the new wifi thing though makes it look really big.

<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:08 pm

What is the purpose of that wifi antenna? That doesn't take the place of the internal wifi antenna, does it?

Also, I don't have the game Daxter, so the bundle package is looking like a pretty good idea. I could sell my old PSP, buy the new pack, and then sell the 1gb stick and the family guy umd. That way I will have only paid something like $50 or something for a new PSP. Not too shabby... then again, I'm holding out to see if there are more homebrew complications or what not.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

blackzmage

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:20 pm

my opinion, WASTE, i relly think sony could haver done a better job at his. but the slim jim is "disgraceful"
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:39 pm

I'd rather USE it before I throw around blind accusations about it. Sure, it doesn't have a second analog nub and maybe the umd tray is actually worse or something, but when it comes down to it, for as much of a workout that my PSP has got, I've been planning on getting a new PSP anyways. So now with a new model out, cash in my pocket, and a good promise of homebrew, I think I've met all of my basic food groups.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 pm

Dont be fooled by sony, watching your PSP screen on a PS3 isnt worth the time.
I assure you will get bored of that feature, along with the other non exciting features this thing comes abroad its system.
a value of like +$40 MORE isnt worth it. Neither is the new firmware.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Perhaps I'll just buy a DS and an M4 or w/e I need to run homebrew on one of them. The only way I'd buy a DS is if I stole every single game that I get for it. I just wouldn't feel comfortable paying a dime for any of the games that it has in it's library, but I need to learn more about that. www.dsbrew.com anybody? How come the brewology doesn't have a forum for DS homebrew? It's actually advanced pretty far.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:06 am

That pic she posted on the wifi antenna looks fake to me. I mean the psp looks like plastic. IDK if it is or not but it doesnt have the "finish" like the "new" psps do.

im with pacman on the needing a new psp anyway. Im not gonna sell my old psp though. It still has a few uses the psp slim will never have (ex. IR remote). My old psp was one of the earlier models that has the messed up [] buttons and the D-pad is messed up too.

Im probably gonna buy one just for yalls testing. I'l report back when i buy it and test it. Il be the first to say if it was a CRAPPY buy or not.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:08 am

oh and .yunoko i didnt know if you are a girl or not. I just said she since your pics of a girl.

And the reason i said fake psp was because the sony and sony symbol are slanted. It looks like plastic and the buttons dont look right to me..............
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:18 am

I got one and I even upgraded to 3.70. I wanted to check out the new firmware features. Anyways, I actually use the slim more than the fat one now. Just because it is like 30% lighter. That was my main complaint with the old one. Also I watch a lot of movies on mine so the video out is a great feature for me. The buttons seem to be more responsive and the UMD cache help with load times considerably. In my opinion the slim is an excellent buy. You can always sell your old one if you feel like you can't afford the upgrade. Also I think next month they are releasing the slim with a lithographed Darth Vader on the back and it will be white. So for you Star Wars fans...you might want to wait till next month. No movie included or memory stick but it does come with a Star Wars game. So to recap...I feel it is worth the investment for what I use it for.
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable