Tony Hawk's Project 8

<<

necrosis142

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu May 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Tony Hawk's Project 8

As much as it is like thug 2 remix, this 1 just seems to be a little better. the lack of really customizing ur character really sucks, but u get cool clothing and it has good graphics. like thug 2 remix, the camera isnt that great, only this one basically has no storyline. it is a decent game, if u like skateboarding games, then it is good. id give it a 7/10 and i think it doesnt deserve that.
Graphic - 8
Sound - 9
Gameplay- 6
Controls- 7
Camera- 5
Storyline- 0 lol there basically isnt one.
<<

da_best_34

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:56 pm

Ok, so I had 45 dollars on me, and I love tony hawk, so that day, I bought project 8 for my psp... later, I play it, and I realize that it is the worst skating game I have ever played, and I was so mad that I didn't even bother to trade it in, I literally chucked it out my window, and to this day, it is still under the tree in my backyard, and I will NEVER pick it back up.... this happened 5 months ago.
2.80 > 3.51 > 3.50 > 1.50
Got to 3.51 through a stupid cousin messing around with your psp, and network updating it, but got lucky through a trade, and downgraded my new 3.50 to 1.50
<<

AKIRA

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:47 pm

i cant play skateboarding games, they just make me want to go out and skate
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:46 pm

i like all tony hawk games. i would say they are addicting as tetris. my favorite is tony hawk 3

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

da_best_34

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:45 pm

I only like american wasteland and project 8 for anything other than the psp and ds
Got to 3.51 through a stupid cousin messing around with your psp, and network updating it, but got lucky through a trade, and downgraded my new 3.50 to 1.50
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:52 pm

american wastland for ps2 was a very good game but my friend gave it to me but his mom came and got it back. hate moms sometimes. :evil:

PSP AND HEAVY METAL FOR LIFE/ if u need help with 3.5 downgrade ask me./ECW/TNA/WWE
<<

da_best_34

Young Brewer

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:57 pm

Haha, there's a story u donthear everyday
<<

GreyF0X

Young Brewer

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 pm

da_best_34 wrote: I literally chucked it out my window, and to this day, it is still under the tree in my backyard, and I will NEVER pick it back up.... this happened 5 months ago.

:lol: hahaha
That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. This game really is horrible and I think I'm gonna come over and throw my copy right on top of yours. We could start a pile of project 8s from all the angry fans that wasted money on this crap. Nowhere near as good as the other THPS games.
<<

da_best_34

Young Brewer

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:52 pm

GreyF0X wrote:
da_best_34 wrote: I literally chucked it out my window, and to this day, it is still under the tree in my backyard, and I will NEVER pick it back up.... this happened 5 months ago.

:lol: hahaha
That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. This game really is horrible and I think I'm gonna come over and throw my copy right on top of yours. We could start a pile of project 8s from all the angry fans that wasted money on this crap. Nowhere near as good as the other THPS games.

haha, yes we can, lol, it would be a nice little thing to do
<<

kellytna123

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 pm

I thought the game was good.

<<

necrosis142

Young Brewer

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 pm

at 1st i thought it suckd really bad but after a while it gets decent and well yes, i think it deserves a 6 or 7 but definatley not higher.. the only reason y i got this game is becuz i downloaded the iso.. i dont think its worth buying o,o
<<

psp1117

Young Brewer

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:17 am

its a good game lots of realism but the levels are so boring and blaned
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:20 pm

This game is o/k but not all that great, the original THPS games are the best. THUG 1 and 2 for the PS2 were awesome! I have yet to play THUG 2 remix for the psp, I guess i should try that out. I wish P8 had more of a story line. the story lines made THUG pretty good.
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:43 pm

i think skate's better than tony hawk
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:59 pm

The best of the Tony hawk series is American Wasteland because it is just an update in tricks to the second best, Underground 2 Remix.
I hate, absolutely hate, Project 8.
I haven't played proving grounds, and I hope it doesn't suck like 8 did.
One of the worst things about Remix was that there were only like 30 things you could change on your person you made!
It literally sucked donkey.
And what was really bad about Project 8 was on the PSP version. There was a part where you had to spine transfer this thing, but since the people that made the game had the quarter pipe a pixel off, you couldn't do it! It was completely impossible to do it!
I was mad, and I went right next to the quarter-pipes, and changed the camera, and you could completely see the 1 pxl gap between the two!
Whenever you pressed the button to spine transfer whenever you were going up the quarter-pipe, you would just level out in the air as if you were lopsided in the air!
Man, I am sooo good at Tony Hawk. My record is 8.9 million points in one combo with the regular physics, but whenever I played project 8, I sucked donkey because the camera is different and everything has different proportions to it! Also, you can't do 180's or flips like you could on the other games!

Return to PlayStation Portable