BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:55 pm

Xbox 360 elite

Im plannign to get the Xbox 360 elite............Do they come with the new chips and heatsink that supposedly dont heat out as much?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:10 am

They come with the new heatsink's and a better cpu. To bad the whole problem is the gpu heating up XD. Might want to wait a little longer if your getting one now. I'm gettin one for Christmas so I'm hoping they do something about the gpu by Christmas. See they changed the die on the cpu to 65nm so it won't heat up as bad, but they left the gpu the same (last time I checked, that could be different now, but I checked like a week ago) but added another little miniature heatsink to the gpu that curves around behind the cpu's heatsink which no longer has a copper rod in it which they believed was restricting airflow. But why not, go ahead and get one and pop a intercooler on that puppy.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AKIRA

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 am

i had money for a 360 but i spent it on sumthing els, now im saving again.
The Elite looks sick though
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:04 am

Im getting one for Christmas. Is there anyway to make sure its a newer one with the heatsink and all? Like i kno on a psp box there is a letter that says what firmware is preinstalled.

and is there any way they might make the 360 less loud by Christmas?

Im getting a intercooler
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:02 am

O yea forgot about that lol. Grr just 2 and 1/2 months left till I can beast people at H3..

Ummm...I can't remember the date off hand but there's like either a manufacturers date on the box or a certain product line. Check out xboxscene.com and look for it, I know it's somewhere on there forums. If I find it again I'll give you the link. And nah, I don't think there replacing the fans anytime soon. But less heat= less the fans have to spin so that means the less they will be loud. I had the same problem worrying about if the one I get will heat up or not. I figured I mind as well just buy one the latest I can, since now about any one of them you buy new will have the heatsink on it, and Im just going to buy one of the extended warranty's. If it overheats ill just send it in and get a new one. But if you really want it to be more quiet you can always replace the fan inside of it with one of the talismoon fans they make now (3rd party company). The only bad part would be the fact that you have to void the warranty. So you'd be sacrificing the warranty for wayy better cooling so yea. Depends which one you think is better. I mean look at it this way, the talismoon fans move like 20 more cfm then the stock fans. And there more quiet and they have LED's in them. While your at it you can also replace the thermal compound on the cpu and gpu, which all in all would definitly improve cooling greatly with MS's new heatsinks on the xbox. But that's if you feel comfortable with wasting your warranty, the chance of ti still overheating and you'd be out $500, and you still need to know how to install the stuff without screwing up the xbox.

PHEW. I hope that answered your questions, cuz my fingers are killing me now.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:05 pm

So if i get an elite in say 2 and a half months it shouldnt heat up as bad? And with the intercooler thing on it, how loud is the xbox? and when i get it without an extended warranty how long is the regular warranty (sp?)?

Thanks ace and asddasit
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Yep, I read somewhere that the extended warranty is 3 years. I might just end up waiting until like a month or two before my warranty ends and play the h**l out of it and see if it overheats. If it does then I can send it in, if it doesn't then I'll just mod the crap out of it. All xbox's have the overheating problem, but the newer ones (specially if you wait 2 1/2 months, that is if you can still even buy one by then, I plan on getting the H3 edition sometime in November, it shouldn't overheat as bad). Pretty much as long as your not some hardcore gamer or pull an all nighter every single night you shouldn't have any serious problems. I mean my friend has one and he plays it all the time and it hasn't overheated. But whatever, crap happens, get warranty's.

O and I believe (correct me if im wrong, I could be getting the cfm confused) the xbox is around ~41dB when you turn it on or playing like xbox live arcade games or play like H3 for like ~30min-~1hr.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:05 pm

Cover up all the holes so dust doesn't get into the console?
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 pm

Ive heard about these "3 rings of death" and its due to hard drive failure.
I think I have the Pro edition..................anyone know if it goes on an elite?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:09 am

What? Yea some can be caused by the hdd. There's different rigs of death. It's just the common one involves overheating, next to video and the hdd.

What do you mean you have the pro edition? The white ones/ green hdd's are the 20gb's and the black ones are the 120gbs. The black one is the one included on the elite. But they are interchangeable throughout any 360 console.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:57 am

AKIRA wrote:i had money for a 360 but i spent it on sumthing els, now im saving again.
The Elite looks sick though
was it a sex doll? lol! just kidding, and I think I need to get myself one of these boxes you name X! 8)
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 am

Hey ACE, whats that xenon360 on that site u gave me? And yea, with an intercooler on it i shouldnt have a problem. So im all happy.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:00 am

I couldn't find a description of it but I believe it's like a replacement top for the xbox 360 so that you can easily hook up the harddrive to yuor computer to more easily put like photos and music and crap on your xbox. Also can be used to easily flash the firmware on the dvd drive, which enables you to play burnt games. But yep, you guessed it, all the good stuff voids your warranty. You also get banned from xbox live if you flash the firmware on the dvd drive so far. They might find a way around it but I don't plan on being the test subject. That's why I plan on getting one of those $250 xbox core system to mod up, and keep the H3 one im getting for Christmas to play on xbox live ;) There's some really neat stuff though on sites like xboxscene.com and divineo.com to use on your xbox that doesn't void the warranty. It's pretty cool to add LED fans in the intercooler too, or put like a plexi window on the hd and stick some LED's in it (does void the warranty of the HD, but it's pretty hard to screw up the hd unless your stupid). Well we are one day closer.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:02 pm

so the ELITE comes with the 65nm thing and a heatsink. Is there ANY possibility by CHRISTmas they may come with an internal wireless and a better gpu that doesnt heat up as bad?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 pm

There is a very slight possibility they will change the die on the gpu to 65nm by Christmas. So far they have only changed the cpu's die to 65nm. Unless they have problems with it now with the new additions, they probably won't add it.
As for wireless internet, I highly doubt it lol. Aint no skin off my back, I have 2 cat5 cables runnin to my room already, one for computer and one for xbox1. I aint spending no $100 on a wireless thingy for it.
Next

Return to PlayStation Portable