LED's????????

<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:57 pm

ZAB wrote:srry for not replieing guys, but i did not do. i gt the LED's but wen i realized how friggan small they were i had to pull out cause im horible at soldering small wires, and i couldent bare a brick

Hey man don't be afraid. Most PSPs are bricked because of firmware problems. Doing a hardware mod won't cause any harm unless you have horrible luck. If you haven't soldered much, practice a little bit breaking apart your old electronics and desoldering/soldering the parts. Soldering really isn't that hard. You should really try this because not learning how to do something just because you are afraid will get you nowhere. Start fixing electronics now, and you will probably fix up all your stuff. Got broken controllers? I fixed all mine. :D

Make sure you have the right tools for the job: Any soldering iron, solder (probably tin-lead because it is cheap and good), solder wick (a roll of braided copper used for de-soldering), and if you can get a magnifying glass or something (I have a Game Gear magnifying thing that I used to use lol... now i acquired a soldering stand from my electricity class though haha) to help you see better.

Follow the tutorial and you will be fine. I hope you decide to try it.

~SEGA Game Gear~
Image Image
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:07 pm

He's right... you took the risk to go from official firmware to custom firmware knowing that you could end up with a brick. Why should it be any different in this case? Especially when the risk factor is a lot lower. The wires are soldered to the power switch board which is worth $10-$20 but as he recommended, practice with some junk electronics until you feel comfortable with your tools. Try pimping out some of your old remotes with LED's or something.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
Previous

Return to PSP Help