<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 pm

Pops...

Ok i'm slightly confused about the use and function of "pops", such as the ones used when playing a PSX game under the 3.71m33-4 multidisc function

under this CFW am i required in any situation to use the pops plugin...?

for instance, i want to play ChronoCross, and in the description it says "make sure to use 3.72 pops" so what is it that i need to do?

The game boots fine without using the pops function but will that change?

thanks
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 pm

The latest release of popsloader allowed us to combine all the eboots from each disc into one big eboot instead of multiple different eboots for each disc. You can use it if you want for that reason, but all popsloader is really used for is to play psx games which there is already an emulator built into the firmware so its not even needed.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 pm

right, i know how the psx games work and how the built in emulator works, but do i actually need to use different pops when running this firmware? What does using different pops do? it says use certain pops to play a certain game, and i dont know why.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:35 pm

I dont use pops so i really couldnt tell you...my only suggestion would be to try using the latest release of pops if you havent done so already. Maybe one of the other members can help you out a little better with this one.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:10 pm

well i know if i enable the SEplugin for Poplsoader that it brings up an option for Pops when booting a PSX game, however the games seem to work fine without that, but i want to make sure.

Return to PSP Help