Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

PSP-110 battery to pandora

<<

kcjones_63b!

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:38 am

PSP-110 battery to pandora

Ok, I know I said I dont like to ask for help...but... well...I did some research...think i got all of this pandoras battery, cfw, homebrew stuff kinda figured out...I am deployed to the middle east at the moment so some of my options are limited (cant just run out to gamestop or somewhere like that) but I have two PSP's here with me, one of which I have taken apart and put back together too many times to count, changing the thumb stick, changing the front and back plates ect...well, I decided to use this one as a doner for my first attempt at all of this...I bought an aftermarket battery to take the place of the orignal in my psp. I got online and downloaded some instructions and pics....and cracked open my battery, the one in the pics shows the board running the entire face of the battery, my board is much smaller, only takes up the top of the battery...I found a chip with the same markings as the one in the tutorial, would the pin that I need to unsolder be in the same place in refrance to the markings (#'s)....next question, I kind of messed up and tore the "foil" exposed black and a spot of what looks like copper, problem?

I dont think this seems like rocket science....but I do have access to ITAS missle repair tools :)

Any help or links anyone could give me would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:10 am

If the chip has the same markings than it SHOULD work just like any of the other batteries. Of course, no one can say for sure unless the mod is attempted, but there's a really good chance the aftermarket battery will work fine.

I believe the foil is a safeguard against fires. If the battery were to leak or catch fire or whatnot, I think the foil is there to contain it and protect... so I think you're fine as long as your battery doesn't catch fire :wink:. Just throw some electrical tape over it to prevent shorts.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t

Return to PSP Help